What has been your scariest paranormal experience?

kindred
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

wowsers.......lol

Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It was a regular occurrence that I’d be standing in a place, the view gets turned upside down, and I find myself in a different place. This really happened a lot when I was a child.
One time we were traveling and reached the hotel. I remember seeing something in the hotel’s garden. I slipped away and followed it. All I remember is how the view in front of me went upside down. The next thing I remember is my dad shaking me as I was standing near the pool, staring at the water. I don’t remember how I got there. My dad asked me why I was staring at the water and didn’t answer his calls. I didn’t even hear him calling my name!
I wish I’d know what happened that day. I was barely 5.

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Several years ago, I was practicing astral travel exercises, like "turn over without moving your body." I had a paralysis experience along with the sense that there was something inches from my face. No idea if that was from the outside or from inner fears taking form but I will say it felt very familiar. It was full of black, joyless amusement.

Other than that, nothing really. Some people have stories of seeing ghosts. I have stories of being the only person in a group that doesn't see the ghost.
Last edited by cairngorn on Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MysticEmpath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 15
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

When I was about 14 a female voice woke me up around 3 in the morning in a kind of forceful whisper saying my name in a panic and "WAKE UP!" I could feel their breath in my ear, it was so strong. Moments later my aunt came up the stairs and said she couldn't breathe, the carbon monoxide detector that was in the basement (I couldn't hear it from where my room was) went off. The one in the living room seemed to have been defective and didn't set off any sound. She only woke up to get to the washroom. I didn't initially sense anything but told her to go outside and I was going to run up and get my grandmother. I could still breathe but she was having a hard time. The second I stepped out of my room was when I realized what she was talking about. I immediately sensed an intense pressure in my lungs and I knew that this was absolutely an emergency. She brought my dog out with her as I ran up to get my grandmother. We got out safely while waiting for emergency services to arrive. Ever since then I can't help but wonder who woke us up that day, whoever it was saved our lives.

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Doomguy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pinhead Larry
My magical/paranormal name...: Elysis
Zodiac:

I wouldn't call it a scary one in the moment, but one in hindsight.
It was some night about a year ago, I was drifting off to sleep, dreaming about being in a factory. This of course isn't too out of the ordinary since I was working at the place at the time, and most of how everything was pretty similar to how it was at my workplace save for some differences. Anywho, I discover a tv, which is playing some show. After a bit it cuts to static and I hear a female voice inform me that there is an intruder, some "god of rats" so to speak, followed by a vision of what looked like a black miasma over hundreds of rodent skeletons. After that, I woke up and saw a shadow streak across the ceiling of my room and felt a hand grasp my throat. It felt like it was trying to choke me, but it was a very weak choke. I slid my hand underneath it, smiled, and said "if you want to kill me, you have to do better." I felt nothing in the moment other than smugness.

I then fell back asleep, slept alright, and woke up to my alarm. I was in a mild panic after the realization hit me of what exactly had transpired. I'm pretty sure it was my own hand that was making the attempt at choking, so it could have been something akin to possession that I experienced. I was a bit drained physically after, though that was from my body recovering from the strain of work rather than anything else. I still took the day off due to not feeling well and wanting to deal with what could still be a lingering threat. I did my own magic to eliminate the entity, whatever it actually was, and am working with a few spirits around my place to ensure something of that sort doesn't start targeting family members. I don't mind if they target me, I find the danger a little bit fun and am willing to deal with the aftermath, but I don't like the idea of my loved ones being targeted after a failed attempt at my life....unless I was just hallucinating.

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy.
But you. You will be worse.
Rip and tear, until it is done."
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

My scary moments happened twice when I visited my home land and slept in my mum and dads room. Each times, I had that, so called sleep paralyse when you can't move, but I was able to see and very much screaming my silent screams. There was a spirit of a very dark force who wanted to rape me. I felt the very fires of touch. But nothing seem to work to release myself, until I yelled for help to Jesus. The thing immidieatly left me and I saw a very dark shadow type of something.

Second time was about 5 years later. A Christian and I kind of sensed the presence in the room before hand for days. My automatic prayers became increased, and I even read my Bible every hour and found myself talking to this presence for days before I got attacked again. Then through the scripture words of my Bible from memory I quoted the words of Jesus. Then one night I woke up feeling this something very close by at my face. Suddenly the paralisation wanted to take over and this time was pushing me down on the bed at my neck. I could not speak by then but my mind was screaming again, commanding the devil to leave in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ. And it did left me immidieatly again.

There was a 3rd time visit too. But this time didn't touched me. The time, I slept in my own room as a child. I also made sure I bought very strong protective amulets before I even left Australia and the 7 Angels talisman, plus my faith, Bible and my cross and of course the authority of Jesus. No weard staff has happened. I was very glad when we sold our family home. I plan no more visits to Europe. 😊

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Bevo
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 1
My magical/paranormal name...: Star
Zodiac:

I've had a few scary experiences, but I think the one that lasted the longest was in a house that my best friend had lived in.
I would stay over for weeks at a time and each time something new or scarier would happen. My first encounter with this house was before my best friend had moved in. Someone else my family knew was living there, and my dad was called over to come bless the house. I tagged along because I was curious about what they were experiencing. When I first stepped into the house, my energy was instantly drained, and I became increasingly light-headed. My mom saw that the color was draining from my face, and she asked me if I was okay. I told her that I had felt demons in the house, (sensitivity to spirits runs in my mom's side of the family.) and she told me to sit down so I wouldn't pass out. I eventually felt better as my dad was blessing the house, but it never really stopped completely.

Sometime after that, my best friend and his mom moved in with this person we knew. And we would both have scary paranormal experiences in the house. Whatever it was stopped draining my energy, but I still felt things there. I wasn't that afraid, but more so annoyed... because I wouldn't be able to get any sleep from the pots and pans being messed with all night, and constantly feeling stared at didn't help either. It would get worse when I was alone, and I think the scariest and most confusing thing that happened to me overall was being locked in the bathroom by whatever these things were. I was stuck in there for a good few moments before it finally stopped.

My best friend no longer lives there thankfully. I still don't know if it was demons or just bad spirits because we had heard that a previous owner of that house was a victim of suicide. I don't know, though.

luckily, no bad spirits followed either of us from that place.

“𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔩𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔰 𝔣𝔢𝔞𝔯, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔩𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔣𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔦𝔰 𝔣𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔲𝔫𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔫”
― ℌ.𝔓. 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔞𝔣𝔱

You can call me Ash if you'd like.
19, they/them, non-binary, pansexual

Spirits so far: Sterling Angel - "S"
santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
Zodiac:

There have been several scary experiences, but none truly compare to when I dealt with an actual demon living in my mom's house. The house was over 100 years old, Victorian. My mom bought it to fix it up, but the house is an absolute money pit. You fix one thing, and something else falls apart. I had multiple startling experiences, but none compared to the sleep paralysis I experienced and my tangos with the demon.

It never EVER paralyzed me when on my back. It was always when I was on my stomach. I never opened my eyes because I never wanted to see it. It hated me, and I knew it did. I could sense the unwanted energy. That home for years was oppressive. I attempted s****de in that home and had some of the worst years of my life there. The first few times I had sleep paralysis I didn't hear anything. I just had this sense of dread and couldn't move.

Then, I started hearing the common bug buzzing people claim to hear. Then, it progressed to an old hag laughing and moaning in my ear. Truly it was terrifying. And it happened at least once a week. My friends and I blessed the home. We experienced psychic attacks. When we made our way up to the attic where my servitor pushed it, immediately we stopped and I just kept repeating, "They don't want us here. They don't want us here." I couldn't stop until one of my friends yelled at it to stop speaking through me.

That night, after blessing, I had the WORST paralysis episode in my life. It got on me and began growling. I'm talking it sounded like an animal. I was telling it in my head to release me before I astral fight it (i couldn't even astral project, much less fight, but I'm the type of person to cut off my nose to spite my face and I WOULD have tried in those moments, maybe even succeeded. I accomplish weird, almost impossible things when I'm angry to the nth degree). It began to growl "No" in the deepest, most animalistic voice I ever heard, and again, I reiterated to "shut up and get off me before I punch you in the face." It relented.

After that, I told it to leave me alone and respect my space. I put the Algiz rune on all the window sills and doorways and salted them. I cleansed my room the best I could, using sandalwood and a white candle. The room I stayed in was apparently its room, and it wanted me out because I was the only one who could really feel it. That and I think it was scared of my servitor. He's fairly powerful from the work I put into him. He started as an imaginary friend I desperately wanted to come to life, and grew from there, been around for years, and is a fierce protector. I'm pretty sure he took on his full potential when I began messing around with tulpas after reading about them on the famous four leaf clover paranormal board. On the pendulum, he's admitted to subduing that monster in the attic, which seems right considering all the impending doom feelings went away. The only time I felt it afterwards was when I moved. I went straight to the attic and felt this negative energy awakening. Told it right away, "Yo, happy days for you. I'm leaving. You're never gonna see me again except for vacation and holidays. I'm gonna get my boxes and I'm outta here in X amount of days." It backed off immediately. Of course, I was still terrified to exit my room at night, like it was lurking, but I never felt it in my room again. Had multiple DMT & acid trips in my room and never saw anything. Never felt anything.

If I get the chance, when I visit back home, I'm gonna talk my mom and stepdad into letting me bless the house again, especially now that I'm building a small army of spirits. ^^ My mom developed cancer numerous times in that home, and we've all gone through horrible things in that house. Previous owner actually c*****ted s*****e after leaving by FIRE. He spent all his time in the attic, and his mental illnesses worsened while in that home. He never recovered, sadly. Thankful my servitor was there protecting me, even when I didn't pay attention to him. <3 Bless that wonderful servitor. No idea what would have happened if he weren't watching out for us all.

I have more -- primarily where I ran into "skinwalkers" (aka four leaf clover fleshgaits) in the Southern woods back home. Seeing them and hearing them speak. I have other creepy stories of paranormal activity, things my brother has seen as he has the gift of clairvoyance and I'm totally NOT jealous of him because my god has he seen some TERRIFYING things. If anyone's interested in hearing about any of those, just quote me and let me know. I don't mind sharing my experiences. My family's a magnet for paranormal/psychic stuff, so I have lots to tell.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
RedWine
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

Went to bed one night woke up sort of in a lucid dream felt very real and intense all i saw was a red glow filling everything in my vision and felt nothing but pure hatred contempt and malevolence, still to this day i have no idea what or who it was but definitely the most "evil" i guess interaction ive had... I don't really get scared from most of my metaphysical interactions and if i do i can center and relax myself real quick so i handle a lot when it comes to that stuff. Woke up without any struggle or violent physical interaction but yeah take what you will from it.

*>*
Love Light and Dark Blessings
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

This one experience I will tell you about is the experience that I always remember when something in my mind is doubting, if everything I've experienced so far was real and not just something my mind made up. I could not have made this up. This could not be staged.

This post could be quite long, so maybe you want to grab a drink and something to snack on. ;)

I was 20 years old, studying away from home and sharing a flat with two other students. My room was quite nice, big and bright, with an old wooden floor and an old listed tiled stove. The flat we lived in had been a doctor's practice before we moved in and it always felt so clean and light. Almost bare of energies. Maybe that's why a lot of strange things happened in my room.
The building was about 200 years old, the floors quite wonky and we joked about corpses being buried under the bumps, giving every bump an oldfashioned name. The house never felt negative to me, but full of history. I was never really scared or afraid, although A LOT of things happened while I lived there.

During my first semester I met this girl in my courses. Everytime I saw her I couldn't take my eyes off of her. There was something about her, that was drawing me. We became friends quickly, growing close within days. She told me, that she had the same feeling about me and we discovered, that we were both into witchcraft. It didn't take long for us to recognize, that we had been sister in a former life and therefore had this strong bond. I will call her my sister in this post.

Back then I was more of a theoretical witch. I had contact with several entities, but I only communicated with them, saw them as my companions. I was reading every book about magic that sounded interesting to me and triggered my "You need that!" gut feeling. I knew how to draw magic circles, cast a protection spell, shield myself, how to load candles and water, but I rarely used that knowledge. So many things were clear to me or just came to me, that there was no need for certain rituals or invocations.
If things are this way you think you are prepared, but when sh*t hits the fan your mind might be not. Mine wasn't really prepared.

While spending most of our time together, my sister and I met another girl at an karaoke evening in one of our favourite pubs. We had a lot of fun together, immediately became friends and met up at least once a week to go out. She noticed one of my books about witchcraft one day, when we were getting ready at my place and said that she was also into magic.

One evening she invited us to a party with some of her friends, other students who were having a barbeque in the garden of their dormitory. It was a warm and sunny late spring afternoon, perfect weather for that kind of party.
We enjoyed our time there, having some drinks (not much, because we had to walk back to our places) and chatting with everyone else. Suddenly a strange wind started blowing cups over the table and making all the candles flicker. My sister and I immediately had a bad gut feeling, the wind smelling odd and feeling way too warm for the chilly evening air. We looked at each other and knew, that we needed to go. Our friend asked us, if we too felt that the air was strange. We three left together, while everyone else seemed not to be bothered by the strange energies in the air. We hadn't talked much about magic or our practices before, but suddenly we couldn't stop chatting about it.
Our friend stopped squinting her eyes and asking, why there was a tall guy with short blonde hair and a dark aura following us. That was my guardian at that time. I had never mentioned or described him to her, so it was clear she sensed him on her own. Back then I did not know as much about my guardian as I do now. He isn't really my guardian, but that's another story to tell.
Then she looked around, squinting her eyes again and asking, who the other tall guy with long blonde hair belongs to. That was my sister's guardian. She also never mentioned him. That was proof to us, that our friend wasn't just pretending.
The sun had just gone behind the horizon and the air and wind were becoming stranger and stranger. My body was pumping with adrenaline, something was about to happen, something that triggered every protective nerve in my body. We decided to go to my sister's place, to pick up things to smudge (I only had Nagh Champa incense sticks at my place that day) and then head on to my place, because my room was bigger and something was telling me, that we should not split up.
When we were at my sister's place, the energies outside of her window felt really odd and the night looked darker than it should in a big city.
My sister reached into her cabinet, pulling out everything she had and I felt the urge to check if I was still able to do the pentagram ritual for protection. Our friend looked at me quite shocked, telling me not to invoke angels, because you just shouldn't. I remember being pretty confused by her words, because this was a proper known ritual for protection. Not messing with angels.

Maybe we should have stayed at my sister's place that night. Maybe my room was causing what was about to happen, because a lot of things happened there. But maybe our connection and energies were enough to trigger what was about to happpen. I am literally trembling writing this, because this night was so intense. And I am very astonished about how much I still remember.

We left my sister's place and headed to mine. Our guardians were uneasy, hurrying us to get inside as fast as possible. The wind was still blowing with this unnatural warmth and the night was bare of any scent. My blood was still pumping like crazy and I only relaxed a little bit, when we reached my place. We got inside and I pulled out some chalk and candles, that I wanted to load. Although our friend was not fond of invoking angels, I wanted to do it, because I was feeling completely stressed out and the ritual would help me ground and focus. I shouldn't be able to do so. Suddenly our friend's eyes went blank, her body becoming all soft and she grabbed the chalk and started drawing protective pentagrams on my windows, knocking over my plants and books on my window sills. It was obvious that she was in trance. I rushed over to the door, locked it and put the keys away, because I didn't want her or anyone else to leave the room. There was another door in my room leading to the room of one of my flat mates, but that one was always locked, because we never used it.
After drawing several pentagrams, she sat down on the floor and started rocking back and forth. We tried to talk to her, but where unable to reach her. I picked up my phone and called someone my sister and I knew through a magic forum and considered being more experienced then we were. She asked us to hold the phone at our friend's ear, so she could talk to her. When our friend heard her voice and words, she started laughing with a very dark voice, told her to shut up and that she has no idea who she's dealing with. Suddenly I felt a strange tension from my sister. She walked over to the door and asked, why she couldn't get out. She was standing next to me when I locked the door and had put away the key. This wasn't my sister speaking. I took her hand and guided her back next to our friend, who was still 'discussing' on the phone, that the woman on the phone had no power over her. My sister was sitting down, her arms wrapped tight around herself, saying that something's wrong with the wings on her back, also starting to rock back and forth. Our friend dropped the phone, turned to my sister's back and started howling like crazy. She was seeing blood all over her back, petting her back, crying and howling. My sister also started crying and I was completely overwhelmed by the madness of the last thirty minutes, my body still in emergency mode. Out of intuition I grabbed a bottle of water and started to load it with energy. I filled a glass and gave it to my sister to drink, because she was still reacting to my words and orders. She blinked and then layed down on the floor, slowly regaining her senses. Our friend had stopped howling and crying and was still rocking back and forth, whimpering from time to time. There was no way I could make her drink the water, so I sprinkled it all over her. She stopped rocking and just stared at the floor. I was brainstorming with what I could do next, when BANG!! she flew against the door behind her, hitting it hard with her back. That's an image I will never forget and I still hear the sound of hear hitting that old wooden door, rattling from the impact. It looked like someone lifted her up and slammed her against it.
She slid down and sat there bare of any movement and emotion. Then she started rubbing her face with her hands, regaining her senses. She looked around and said, that she had seen her two year old son in front of her and he had been heavily bleeding. In her vision he had little demonic wings poking out of his back. She explained that that often happened to her. She would be in trance all of a sudden and start moving and doing things and the one she was calling her guardian often took control over her body. (The dark voice being not so friendly on the phone). Although she wasn't sure what he really was, if he really was her guardian, but he had been with her for as long as she could remember. My sister and I had a very weird feeling about this entitiy, but we were not able to tell what he was. Our friend was into Voodoo, because of her ancestors and we had no experience or knowledge in that field.

After that night I felt that our friend wasn't someone I wanted to be around a lot. Our beliefs clashed here and there and I thought her 'guardian' was more of a thread to her. But she wouldn't want to hear a thing about that. And I did not want to repeat what had happened that night ever ever again.
It was a real pain to make up a lie to explain to my flat mates what was going on that night.
Everything was so surreal and happened so suddenly, that my mind had trouble coping with it. I would sit down in the place our friend was sitting, the very way she was sitting and try to hit the door with my back like she did. It was not possible. The door was too far away and I would not be able to jump high enough to land where she did. No one would.
So if anyone ever asks me, if I have proof for things being real: Yep. I do.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”