Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I adore working with the many types faie whom are part of the sidhe; they are my favorite spirits to work with. For me there is a BIG difference between sidhe and non sidhe faie, in interaction and most deffinetly energetically. If anyone is wondering, the whole purpose of this thread is to give people a place to speak about their experience with the sidhe. While I spell it as sidhe the spelling of Sidh is also applicable, it is pronounced shee for those who may be wondering.

Sidhe faie are rightly classified as mostly DA in CH shop (exception being the brownie) as they are indeed very capable of doing harm or being very helpful, supportive, and protective; how one of the sidhe interacts with a person depends on the person and the sidhe in question.

I follow more traditional classification as to what faie are sidhe and which ones while faie in their own right are not necessarily sidhe.

Sidhe faie are those that are traditionally counted among the sidhe in accordance to the lore.

The companions with me who are sidhe in respect to Scottish and Irish lore are:
Gancanagh
Dullahan
Cat Sidh

With those three I have a close connection and it feels natural and easy to interact, like close family, the more of the sidhe I welcome into my 'keep' the more it feels like I am finally home for lack of a better word, like I am more complete.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

shiningshadow33 wrote:
I follow more traditional classification as to what faie are sidhe and which ones while faie in their own right are not necessarily sidhe.

Sidhe faie are those that are traditionally counted among the sidhe in accordance to the lore.
Question: how about banshee and baobhan sith? Are they sidhe or other?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

the term banshee; more traditionally written as bean sidh translates to English as 'woman of the sidhe' so yes banshee are indeed sidh. The baobhan sith are also sidhe, 'sith' is just a different way of writing the word. The way something is spelled/written down can change with time and place.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

In fact I seem to have an unbound baobhan sith hanging around. When I expressed worries about my own readiness to keeping one as a more permanent part of the family, I got the resounding and very loud response of "you ARE ready so do not doubt yourself and go for it" . This came from my dullahan who I was also nervous about getting a binding of at first. He has proven to be one of my greatest friends and closest companions along with the two other sidhe in my keep. So I guess I have a baobhan sith to welcome home very soon, the other trouble is that I do not know very much about them outside of the lore. I will endeavor to fix that. If anyone keeps one feel free to post here.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

One of the first bindings I received from a seller other then CH was a male Sidhe Fae. Now other then being told he is of Irish origin and can shift his appearance and that he is not cat sidhe I'm not sure what his classification under the sidhe is. He has been a great companion with a very strong connection to my Scots/Irish ancestors, but I wish he would tell me what clan he's from.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

Not all the sidhe fall in to catagories that humans made for them, so he may be a type of sidhe that is not written about as a specific type like bean sidhe or the dullahan but rather falls under blanket term sidhe. It may be better to ask what court he is of, if any.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Good to know : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

I have gotten custom conjures of; an unseelie court faie, a seelie court faie, and a general custom conjure binding of one of the sidhe, all in the same order. Never before have I felt so welcome. The order is far from complete but I know they are already here.
I have heard bells with my physical ears, not regular bells but rather the sound of bells, but more...perfect, ideal. I also heard a female voice this time psychically, "welcome home child, welcome home." I feel 'right,' complete...welcome home indeed.

GoldenAitvaras
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons & Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Water Dragon
Zodiac:

I have a question regarding cat sidhe's and cu sidhe's , I want to know if they use to be human or are they all actually just faeries and used to be fairies? A recent seller I bought from said Cat sidhe's use to be human and this is the first time I'm hearing about it. I have a cat sidhe already and the shop I adopted her from said nothing about them having been human at any point and neither does the listing on creepyhollows.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

I too have never heard of a cat sidhe being human at any point in his or her life. In fact one of the cat sidhe with me finds the idea...amusing. They can shape shift, so making a human form that can fool humans is not impossible, but as for them BEING once human, that is not true in my experience. Living cat sidhe can and do interact with humans, in often not so humorous ways (for the human anyway) but while they are said to be able to mislead a recently deceased human spirit, that does not equate to them once being human.

Ps; the plural form of sidhe is sidhe. Like the plural of fish is fish. One sidhe, two sidhe, three sidhe, four...

Return to “Faery”