Video Games & Bonding

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
zarva
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, hellhounds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: WoyoTea
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote:Tales of series i don't like them much . I played Tales of Symphonia and well ... not my liking
I have the impression it's always the same types of characters or stories .
BUT Tales of Zestiria look different , enough to test it out
I love the Tales of series with all my heart, but I can see where you're coming from. TOS is, in my opinion, extremely overrated compared to other games in the series. Tales of Zestiria is alright although it was rushed. I'd recommend Tales of Berseria since it doesn't feel as rushed and the whole entire cast are a bunch of antiheroes. Which imo is great since most Tales games are focused on heroes who only want to do good—Velvet is a ruthless protagionist who will do anything to meet her end goal. That's one of the many reasons I want a servitor of her someday lol.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

I play RS3 were you are often made to fight depictions of 'DA creatures' and sometimes BA, but with a rich and highly sophisticated 'unique' written lore/storyline(The 'god factions' with competing abstract ideologies, the 3rd age, the 2nd age and more) that not many people playing it care about because they're so detail/mundane orientated. So mostly only the 'big picture' people put much emphasis on the 'lore'.

Aside from that I've played war-games, nation/civilization building ones where I can control the storyline of the world such as civilization/hearts of iron iv and sometimes skyrim/elder scrolls online etc.

Many of my spirits are either lighter on the DA, are 'light orientated' or immortals so not sure if they would like to get involved or not? Would a Stryx or Drow typically like them much?

Maybe hopefully a Vrykolakas would enjoy participating in the 'games' I play or Odin. Or my immortals if it involves 'light vs dark' stuff.

Can reading lore of any sort or listening to soundtrack help bond or not too when you do it if they like those?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I think Odin(my patron in terms of creation who I will get a binding for later) or many war gods/immortals would like the following though I don't have one of them. Any tips for bonding when playing one for any?:

*Total War

*Minecraft

*Call of Duty/Arma 3/Battlefield

*Elder Scrolls if you fight often to get what you want

*Hearts of Iron series

*Mount and Blade

*Civilization series if you are a war player

Skyewind
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0

We used to get flak from people who thought we were lazy instead of spiritually growing, if anything we bonded closer.
I play rpg's, mmo's and telltale games with them.

Guild Wars 2, they used to tell me where to raid and defend and just have a good laugh with the old guild.
Games like Skyrim and Fallout are my favourite, sometimes I base my characters off them or they inspire me to make a new build.
Telltale stuff, they help out with making decisions if I can't decide or I'm stuck, they throw some suggestions my way.
In Sims, we have a vampy family and my succubus is somewhere in there to but its too bad we all can't just woohoo without the game thinking we're cheating.

Aside from all that, my mermaid isn't always into it but I welcome them to watch or we could take a break and do something else. Watching Anime is also fun to bond over sometimes.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Skyewind wrote:We used to get flak from people who thought we were lazy instead of spiritually growing, if anything we bonded closer.

Guild Wars 2, they used to tell me where to raid and defend and just have a good laugh with the old guild.
Games like Skyrim and Fallout are my favourite, sometimes I base my characters off them or they inspire me to make a new build.
Telltale stuff, they help out with making decisions if I can't decide or I'm stuck, they throw some suggestions my way.
In Sims, we have a vampy family and my succubus is somewhere in there to but its too bad we all can't just woohoo without the game thinking we're cheating.

Aside from all that, my mermaid isn't always into it but I welcome them to watch or we could take a break and do something else. Watching Anime is also fun to bond over sometimes.
If I played a video game I would ensure that they are sheltered away from the 'fighting' and never get hurt except solely myself being the one harmed if it came to that normally?

Skyewind
new here
new here

ServantofJustice wrote:If I played a video game I would ensure that they are sheltered away from the 'fighting' and never get hurt except solely myself being the one harmed if it came to that normally?
It varies, each in my keep has their own oppinion. My vampys say they like it for nostalgia sake, bloodshed peaks their interest, they can relate to fighting games since they know first hand about holding a weapon so they like to partake.
As for my succubus, she cares and just wants to be included, a friend told me to check out a puzzle game called 'Catherine' since its got a succubus in it, still gotta find a copy.

Its my courtwind angel and mermaid that would rather not be involved. They tend to keep themselves busy and I dont mind as long as they're happy. My mermaid has the beach and my angel is often doing tasks.
Probably the music is all they'd take interest in.

In general, its not often that we can all have characters together (sims would be the only one), if I could play my own character with one that looked like them as a companion or follower, I'd definetley be more on edge as if I was playing dark souls.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Skyewind wrote:We used to get flak from people who thought we were lazy instead of spiritually growing, if anything we bonded closer.
Is it possible that those who play combat games could be some of the most deadliest/powerful combatants or fighters in the astral without knowing it already?

Skyewind
new here
new here

ServantofJustice wrote:Is it possible that those who play combat games could be some of the most deadliest/powerful combatants or fighters in the astral without knowing it already?
Possibly, I've heard of the military screening gamers before who got top scores in Call of Duty and openly recruiting them for things like drone operators.

As of late, been playing with sniper rifles in shooter games because my past life was an excellent marksman. Sure, I have a good eye, but distance, wind, moving targets means that factors are sometimes not ideal in video games which would make an angry gamer throw their controller.
You can at least fiddle with the settings and calibrate but the game can only bring you so far, the rest is compromise.

In astral though, compromises may have to be made regardless, not all realms are equal. You could be deadliest in the way of versatility or tacticianing, adaptability to new situations always helps.

MadFox45
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Banshee
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

its only dress up games so far... they enjoy those... still wondering how to incorporate them into other games online...

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Skyewind wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:Is it possible that those who play combat games could be some of the most deadliest/powerful combatants or fighters in the astral without knowing it already?
Possibly, I've heard of the military screening gamers before who got top scores in Call of Duty and openly recruiting them for things like drone operators.

As of late, been playing with sniper rifles in shooter games because my past life was an excellent marksman. Sure, I have a good eye, but distance, wind, moving targets means that factors are sometimes not ideal in video games which would make an angry gamer throw their controller.
You can at least fiddle with the settings and calibrate but the game can only bring you so far, the rest is compromise.

In astral though, compromises may have to be made regardless, not all realms are equal. You could be deadliest in the way of versatility or tacticianing, adaptability to new situations always helps.
Is there also a danger though that when we play fighting games some of the imagery/thoughts could get stuck in our head's subconscious by showing up later? Which would interfere with non-physical tasks and so on?

And ARMA III would be the most realistic simulator to war on the physical plane.

Return to “Connecting”