Video Games & Bonding

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
zarva
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, hellhounds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: WoyoTea
Zodiac:

Just wondering, but do any of you use video games to bond with your companions? If so, what games and how do you implement it?

For me, I like making characters based off them if possible (I use games like Dragon Age, the Sims, and Mass Effect for this), but if not I just name characters or pokemon after them. I also play dress up games like dreamselfy or Rinmaru's anime dress up game to dress them up in whatever they want. For games like Overwatch, I let them have a betting tournament against each other and whoever wins that round (rounds are usually 1x1 but sometimes 2x2) gets to pick which character I play next. The winner of that round gets to keep on betting until they lose a bet or until they win the tournament. The winner of the tournament I let pick out a stick of incense and that stick is entirely dedicated to them and their victory.
Though, for my horror T, he's fine just watching me play. I also plan on playing through my servitors' canons for them at some point.

FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

I play detective game, like Ace Attorney series and I'll decided first the answer, before them telling their opinion lol
or I play game like pokemon and ask their advice which pokemon I should use in my partay xD

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

FenOL wrote:I play detective game, like Ace Attorney series and I'll decided first the answer, before them telling their opinion lol
or I play game like pokemon and ask their advice which pokemon I should use in my partay xD
Ace Attorney ? Never thought to use that , it will give me some ideas !

Yes Dragon age series and Mass effect is really good because there is choices to make , and it can be fun to see the opinion of our spirits .

I advice skyrim , fallout 4 or games that have episodes like Life is Strange , as there is multiple choices to make and differents endings.

furrybunny
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 22
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: zero

Haha YEs! I play games to bond with my group. stuff like persona and final fantasy are fun to play. especially games/ animes/ movies that involve spirits/ metaphysical. sometimes they look like certain characters. my best friend recently took up sky rim again and mass effect and I know for sure they watch him play.

zarva
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, hellhounds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My magical/paranormal name...: WoyoTea
Zodiac:

Ace Attorney sounds like an interesting game to play with them. Might actually make the game easier if I'm gonna be honest lol

I completely forgot about Fallout and Skyrim/Elder Scrolls. They're both good series to play with them, that's for sure. Life is Strange would be a good game too, I should replay it with them sometime.

I also plan on playing Persona 5 with them when it comes out. It's always interesting to see what choices they'll make in a game that's partially a life sim.

I should really replay Tales of Zestiria with my Dezel servitor. I'm sure he'd like it. Tales of Xillia 2 could also be a good game to play, since you have to make choices.

FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

any mystery game that requires a right answer is fun to be played with spirits for sure 1ak
it also fun to decided "this character will die" or "he is the villain for sure!" haha xD
before I became spirit keeper, I always fail at this kind of question because I love the characters so much that I close the possibility they will die or a villain. but nowadays, I don't understand how they know.. they told me "he is the bad guy!" and it turn out it was right lol *applause for spirits ability~

recently I played NieR:Automata and we have a discussion, how is it if humanity has gone extinct and the world is filled with machine? how about the existence of spirits and what is going to happen with the reincarnation system? would it possible for spirits to reside in machine/android heart? xD it was a fun topic.

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I play games that put them in the games in ways like what menchened and my immortals like it as well. My agitty entity likes playing minecraft with me and menchend that skyrim looked intresting because of the exploration aspects of the game. Super smash bros. was something that some of them liked when setting the multiplayer to cpu only and competing with themselves trying to control the characters.

blessed be

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret

After I played Dragon Age: Inquisition unconsciously with the help from one of my buddies (and got the best possible ending, yay.), I used to play other RPGs with them, like Fallout or the other Dragon Age games.
The funniest thing is definitely recreating a couple of spirits and put them into one house in Sims and look how it plays out :,D (...especially when your twinflame couple's only wish is to make it out with each other and every time you fulfill the wish, it comes back~)
With my spirit brother, his wife (who "helped" me with Dragon Age) and my other warriors I used to play For Honor with KI-opponents. Big fun! (and unfortunatly the only way how to play the game properly~)
I keep the "spirits come out to play" stone and manifestation crystal from kelis next to my computer to improve the ability of my buddies to manipulate NPCs in the games. Works pretty well in my opinion :3

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

zarva wrote:Ace Attorney sounds like an interesting game to play with them. Might actually make the game easier if I'm gonna be honest lol

I completely forgot about Fallout and Skyrim/Elder Scrolls. They're both good series to play with them, that's for sure. Life is Strange would be a good game too, I should replay it with them sometime.

I also plan on playing Persona 5 with them when it comes out. It's always interesting to see what choices they'll make in a game that's partially a life sim.

I should really replay Tales of Zestiria with my Dezel servitor. I'm sure he'd like it. Tales of Xillia 2 could also be a good game to play, since you have to make choices.
Persona 5 !!!!! I love it so much but i don't have any ps3 or 4 so i'm dying right now !! 2cy

Tales of series i don't like them much . I played Tales of Symphonia and well ... not my liking
I have the impression it's always the same types of characters or stories .
BUT Tales of Zestiria look different , enough to test it out

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I play games in general, sometimes I wonder, and I've been told, they manipulate the CPUs occasionally, although lately with my inclusion in Hearthstone, (digital card game) I've listened to them as I talk and they do, sort of deciding what to play and so forth. It's a lot of fun to hear their commentary on gaming, and have that experience.

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

Return to “Connecting”