You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Greetings everyone!

I've connected to Nemesis, Tyche, and Themis, and have come to the realization that they form their own triad, of sorts.

Tyche represents fortune and luck. I'd describe her best as someone who just found a store filled with things she loves and has a credit card with no limit. I knew her for ten minutes before she forced me to marry her son. She's impulsive, fickle, but quite warm, a being of immense giving, if you can manage to get on her good side. I guess I managed because she wanted me as her son/daugher-in-law. Lol! When Tyche gives too much to someone undeserving, Nemesis is the one to balance it.

Nemesis represents motion, change, balance, and retribution. She's a stern being who will ruthlessly persecute those who would seek to defy balance. She's especially deadly because she's patient, striking at the moment when she may best bring down the house of cards, so to speak. For me, she stands against the abuse of magick, con artists, and those who willingly take advantage of others. For you, she may manifest as standing against different things. She is the balance of Tyche, but she is the enforcer of Themis.

Themis represents order, divine law, and serves as the one who gathers all the gods. She's humble and stately, but immeasurably kind. She is the law, even though she doesn't reinforce it. That's Nemesis' job once someone has broken it. Themis helps you to understand your limits and how to push past them to become something greater. She helps wipe away the “nonsense” that we become attached to in our everyday lives so we can see what truly matters.

Nemesis forms the center of this triad with Tyche being to one side and Themis on the other. I actually barely connected Themis today, and suddenly... BAM, she's basically strong armed me into writing this post. I don't mind it though, because I am interested in further exploring her power. There's something with her that I just... click with.

(Edited from Seller Announcement Page by Moderator)
Anywho, this brings us to the purpose of the giveaway. Nemesis, Tyche, and Themis will be choosing one person to bless with their power. It is a blessing of prosperity, protection, and guidance, offering lifelong support and immeasurably powerful experiences and opportunities for the chosen one throughout their entire life. There is a one very major and quite important stipulation. The winner must, absolutely must, live their life in accordance to the will of these three goddesses. Be kind and appreciative to Tyche, be open and listening to Nemesis, and be ready to learn and grow from Themis. Should you be anything less than these things, you will forfeit their assistance and you will need to earn their forgiveness. Don't worry, they are quite lenient and will be caring and nurturing to whoever is chosen. They don't WANT to have to not help you, but you need to keep yourself in contact with them and hear what they have to say.

The winner will gain powerful connections to these three goddesses, something far beyond a portal, in an opportunity that is absolutely life changing. I don't think I've ever offered anything this powerful before.

Thank you everyone for reading!

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Azure Echo wrote: I knew her for ten minutes before she forced me to marry her son
Shotgun wedding?
Azure Echo wrote: There is a one very major and quite important stipulation. The winner must, absolutely must, live their life in accordance to the will of these three goddesses.
What does that mean? Does that mean you basically have to live under their rule and have to do what they tell you to do? Absolutely?
Or does it mean what you mentioned next:
Azure Echo wrote: Be kind and appreciative to Tyche, be open and listening to Nemesis, and be ready to learn and grow from Themis.
Because that's far less severe.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

LOL A little bit of a shotgun wedding, sure. :P

Ehhh. To be honest, both. The first is the second, but their "will" is pretty simple. They won't tell you to DO anything so much as tell you what NOT to do, which in the case of Nemesis and Themis amounts to not *beep*ing people over and in the case of Tyche.. well, you just want be kind and appreciate her. She doesn't really want you to do anything. Don't violate their trust and be open to their presence in your life. It's pretty simple, like what you'd do if you were trying to initiate a relationship with any Immortal, it's just in this case, you're diving straight into the pool. I hope that makes sense. Thank you for asking about that. I was trying to stress the importance of that, but maybe I did too much stressing. :P
Last edited by darkwing dook on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

~~~~~~
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Azure Echo wrote:I was trying to stress the importance of that, but maybe I did too much stressing. :P
Alright, so not as severe as you made it sound like :P

Anyway, not the right thing for me, I like cheating and I'm not sure if magick can be abused. I don't really think so. And most laws other than interfering with others, are limits to be overcome imho. That makes me the least compatible one with that giveaway :P
darkwing wrote: Mmmh.
So, the safest and least strict would be Tyche then? : )
It's an all or nothing deal, so doesn't matter who's the safest and least strict, really :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote: Alright, so not as severe as you made it sound like :P

Anyway, not the right thing for me, I like cheating and I'm not sure if magick can be abused. I don't really think so. And most laws other than interfering with others, are limits to be overcome imho. That makes me the least compatible one with that giveaway :P
For Nemesis, think of abuse of magick like physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. Let's pretend you park your car in a bad place, and you know it's a bad spot. You can cast a spell so you aren't noticed. However, should you get a boot, it is important to take responsibility for that. Let's say you catch the guy putting the boot on you car. He's a sweet man, says he's really sorry but he has to do it. According to Nemesis, you would not cast a spell against him that would destroy his life for daring to boot your car. She would consider that an abuse of magick. Let's pretend the guy is a straight up jerk wad. You can cast something against him but you may not destroy his life. Let's pretend this man is a jerk, insults you, and busts one of your tail lights to taunt you, claiming as he does it it was from one of the cars passing by because you were in a bad spot. *beep* that guy. You can destroy his life to an extent.

In these situations of conflict, you're due your own right and amount of retribution. There's a set of scales setting your behavior and situation against theirs. A magickal abuse would be giving past what's due. Nemesis would guide whoever is chosen through this thread on a case by case basis, or she may even take the situation into her own hands and dole out retribution for you. Outside of using magick to affect the lives of others, Nemesis doesn't really have an opinion on magick.

I hope that clarifies what I meant by abuse! Rapidly realizing I should take a lot of this information and put it in its own thread. Lol.

Also, Themis represents divine laws, not human ones.

Thank you for asking questions! :D it really helps everyone out.
darkwing wrote: Mmmh.
So, the safest and least strict would be Tyche then? : )
All of them are safe! Not to worry about that, but in context of your question, yes Tyche is "safest" but she can be both impulsive and fickle. Lol.

I'm realizing that perhaps I made things sound a little intense, but that's probably a good thing.

~~~~~~
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Azure Echo wrote: For Nemesis, think of abuse of magick like physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. Let's pretend you park your car in a bad place, and you know it's a bad spot. You can cast a spell so you aren't noticed. However, should you get a boot, it is important to take responsibility for that. Let's say you catch the guy putting the boot on you car. He's a sweet man, says he's really sorry but he has to do it. According to Nemesis, you would not cast a spell against him that would destroy his life for daring to boot your car. She would consider that an abuse of magick. Let's pretend the guy is a straight up jerk wad. You can cast something against him but you may not destroy his life. Let's pretend this man is a jerk, insults you, and busts one of your tail lights to taunt you, claiming as he does it it was from one of the cars passing by because you were in a bad spot. *boop* that guy. You can destroy his life to an extent.

In these situations of conflict, you're due your own right and amount of retribution. There's a set of scales setting your behavior and situation against theirs. A magickal abuse would be giving past what's due. Nemesis would guide whoever is chosen through this thread on a case by case basis, or she may even take the situation into her own hands and dole out retribution for you. Outside of using magick to affect the lives of others, Nemesis doesn't really have an opinion on magick.
The thing is, what's your own right and amount of retribution? Different people are affected differently. If your car getting a boot ruins your life, emotionally or financially or whatever, you lose your job because of it, you didn't have another choice, all the factors playing in, subjective one and objective ones.

Or even if the guy is a jerk, insults you, taunts you. You can destroy his life to an extent? What if that guy had a bad day, his wife left him/cheat on him and he makes a stupid decision by venting his anger that way?

Aside from the fact that I don't really do retribution, because it's too much hassle, too much energy for .....what exactly, feeling better (???), I always have a problem with decisions like that. Sure, immortals can see, understand and know much much more than us. But......... who gives them the authority? Who gives them the rights? Who makes the laws? Who sets the scales? I'm not sure if it doesn't just come down to power. The most powerful make the rules. Just think of what Zeus did in the myths, all the 'rape' etc, that's abuse too, right?

Also in the possible endless universe everything is balanced anyway. In infinity basically everything balances out, at least imho.
And yes, I might have always had a problem with Authority :P
Azure Echo wrote: Also, Themis represents divine laws, not human ones.
Well, I never expected them to be human ones. But again, who makes them and why?
I mean something like: "Don't destroy the universe/reality" is kinda understandable. But beyond that, if it doesn't impede someone's life/will...

One could say it goes against the will of the universe. But again, what does that mean? The universe is everything, including the rule-breaker, so why would it go against that?
I'll always see rules more as guidelines or limits to be overcome, unless it harms another person/being.

Also curse you for getting me into a pointless philosophical ramble :P

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I completely understand your points, Aprophis. Every situation is immeasurably complex, forming a vast web of interconnected influences, causes, and effects. I guess the key is finding out where you stand in all of it, and these three goddesses help you do that in a way. As for who gave immortals the authority to decide things... That a whooole other thing. Lmao. I feel that I live my life and understand things a certain way, and that's what shaped my experiences of immortals. I view them as beings of endless knowledge and I respect what they have to say.

Also, don't take the myths for face value. I view them in much the same way as the Bible, interpreted and evolved throughout times, mostly through political influence. Greeks had a culture that was quite sexist. Rape was a woman's fault in every case. There is a myth of Medusa being a priestess of Athena, and Poseidon assaults her right in Athena's own temple. Is this Poseidon's fault for violating Athena's sacred space? No. It is Medusa's fault for tempting him, and she is punished for it. Turned into a monster, living in misery, and later killed by a young male hero. Let's face it, Ancient Greeks also had a penchant for tragedy. :P

So I've taken everything I've heard from a god or goddess through their myth with a heavy grain of salt. Is there something of a god or goddess in their myths? Yes, but how much of it is up for debate. You can only know what an immortal is like through experiencing them for yourself, which includes Zeus.

And freaking darn it, this is valuable information for a thread. Too bad it's going poof in a few weeks. Apologies for dragging you into a discussion. XD

~~~~~~
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Azure Echo wrote: So I've taken everything I've heard from a god or goddess through their myth with a heavy grain of salt. Is there something of a god or goddess in their myths? Yes, but how much of it is up for debate. You can only know what an immortal is like through experiencing them for yourself, which includes Zeus.

And freaking darn it, this is valuable information for a thread. Too bad it's going poof in a few weeks. Apologies for dragging you into a discussion. XD
It's true, take it with a grain of salt. But every story has a grain of truth.
And even if you experience an immortal one

a) only experiences the things they want to show one
b) only experience the things one can actually perceive
c) probably loses far more information through filters and the subjective, personal connection to them

I mean you already can't know a human being a 100% now apply that to an immortal.
Not everyone of them is nice and they can do evil things, after all they are dark arts. And they see mortal lives in a different way, like "it's all about the growth of the soul and you'll die anyway and reincarnate, so what's the big whoop about death, suffering, etc?"

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote: It's true, take it with a grain of salt. But every story has a grain of truth.
And even if you experience an immortal one

a) only experiences the things they want to show one
b) only experience the things one can actually perceive
c) probably loses far more information through filters and the subjective, personal connection to them

I mean you already can't know a human being a 100% now apply that to an immortal.
Not everyone of them is nice and they can do evil things, after all they are dark arts. And they see mortal lives in a different way, like "it's all about the growth of the soul and you'll die anyway and reincarnate, so what's the big whoop about death, suffering, etc?"
I understand what you're saying, and this is one of the "difficulties" in dealing with immortals. What's true? What's false? Are you hearing what you want to hear?

In the end, while those questions are important, they need to be put aside because in some ways, just like working with spirits, you just can't know for sure. So you learn to examine the experiences for what they are and digest them for what they teach and for what's useful to you. There's also an element of trust that you develop, and your relationship with them grows.

I agree that there is a grain of truth in the myths, but what is the grain of truth? How can that be boiled down and examined in an empirical manner? We deal with the paranormal and part of that is purely personal experiences that mean everything to you, but are often not much useful for everyone else. They can't be examined, only thought upon. I feel like the grain of truth is tucked in those personal experiences, and how you choose to approach that is up to you and changes depending on your perspective. I know I've found mine.

I feel though one of the very difficult things to truly understand and perceive about Immortals is they are paradoxes. They can be two very contradictory things at the same time. Truthfully, they are far more than just two contradictory things, a hundred maybe? A thousand? It's hard to say, because as human beings living in our current dimensional state, we only experience a handful of things from them. We can't see it all, and the only way to see it "all" in regards to an immortal is to peer down at them from a dimension higher than the one they exist in. It'd be like us, 4 dimensional beings staring down at a cube, a 3 dimensional object. What you find in an Immortal is either what you want to find, what can help you most, or what the Immortal wants you to see. It's something that once you learn to accept, you can really begin to learn and gain experience from them.

For me, that's all that really matters. Learning, growing, and of course, helping people. I feel like I'm totally rambling now. lol. My apologies!

~~~~~~
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Azure Echo wrote:I feel though one of the very difficult things to truly understand and perceive about Immortals is they are paradoxes. They can be two very contradictory things at the same time. Truthfully, they are far more than just two contradictory things, a hundred maybe? A thousand? It's hard to say, because as human beings living in our current dimensional state, we only experience a handful of things from them. We can't see it all, and the only way to see it "all" in regards to an immortal is to peer down at them from a dimension higher than the one they exist in. It'd be like us, 4 dimensional beings staring down at a cube, a 3 dimensional object. What you find in an Immortal is either what you want to find, what can help you most, or what the Immortal wants you to see. It's something that once you learn to accept, you can really begin to learn and gain experience from them.
Yes, which is where the danger lies with that, imho, especially with an offering like that.
The Immortals could represent and behave much differently for other persons. And you can't really, 100% guarantee that they will be as lenient and less severe to them than they are to you. So someone could get lucky but someone could get really unlucky too.
Not every experience you gain might be a good experience :P

Just look at the stories, Yahweh vs Lilith/Lucifer/Satan on here. To some Yahweh is their friend, to some he's the enemy and so with the demonic immortals.
I myself had not so positive interactions with an immortal already, whom I didn't even want to work with in the first place.

Also I have to add, since the universe is everything, to be everything, everything has to be true and real in some place. So all the stories you read probably are true somewhere.
Azure Echo wrote: For me, that's all that really matters. Learning, growing, and of course, helping people. I feel like I'm totally rambling now. lol. My apologies!
Hey, I started it, don't feel bad.

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Immortals - Specific”