Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Midnightalice wrote:Aprophis and darkwing, what was your telepathic journey like when you first started out compared to now? What are tips to distinguishing it?
Well first I was making stuff up and now when I'm meditating, it's still more miss than hit, but it definitely got better.
Visuals still work better than words though.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Midnightalice wrote: cats_and_spirits, occasionally, I get a tightness in my head when they are talking fast, but i end up interrupting them with my inner voices often. Does this happen to you often?
Do you mean the "special feeling", when I'm talking to them? Most of the time. Let's say 85%. When I'm speaking to myself, it just feels off.
Or do you mean if my inner discussions interrupting them? > more often, when I'm tired or thinking about something and I'm not focussed on them.
But like darkwing mentions: it really depends on the day. The more exhausted and stressed I am, the less I'm able to talk and hear telepathically.

The card guessing is a good start. :)

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

FenOL wrote:you can also try it at home, if you live with your family. Like "who just coming home?"
so I try to get their telepathic answer right by proving who just coming home hehe
Idk what this would be or if it would qualify but in how I do it; I rely on recognition of the distinct noise they make including that of the footsteps and car. Would this be 'gut instinct' or 'head'?

Sytheria
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Safe
My magical/paranormal name...: Sytheria
Zodiac:

Zener cards are a really good idea! :hug: I'm thinking about getting some now. There are a lot of virtual ones but I would most definitely would prefer physical ones.

Thanks for the tip!

Tonight a heart is breaking, a spirit is flourishing.
:mermaid:
Let's all have fun and play together!
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor

ServantofJustice wrote:
FenOL wrote:you can also try it at home, if you live with your family. Like "who just coming home?"
so I try to get their telepathic answer right by proving who just coming home hehe
Idk what this would be or if it would qualify but in how I do it; I rely on recognition of the distinct noise they make including that of the footsteps and car. Would this be 'gut instinct' or 'head'?
More head, I think. I did this alot, when I was younger. The cars of my mom and her ex-boyfriend had different engine sounds.

But it's actually a good exercise if you use earplugs or music with headphones .

A few months ago on a sunday my boyfriend went to see his mom and I decided to astral travel, when suddenly my brother mentions "there's somebody in the appartment."
I shrugged it off and thought nothing of it, until I was "done" and left the sleeping room to find my boyfriend already back again in the hobbyroom.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:Try playing a guess the card game where you yourself can't see the card. If it's wrong, it's an inner voice.
That trains yourself listening to the right voices.
Source: I've had lots of conversations happening too in the beginning, with whole life stories. It turned out to be bogus though.
I wouldn't say "If it's wrong, it's an inner voice", since mistakes are a part of learning.

But if someone just started keeping this week, never had their extra senses open before, and is all of a sudden is getting super-long convos with intricate details? There is likely some inner voice mixed in with the correct perceptions. Everyone I know of who wasn't born with wide-open senses had had a gradual awakening of their gift, rather than seeing everything come online instantaneously.

But that's OK! Keep having those convos anyway, even as a beginner. Just don't make major life decisions based on them when you're first starting out. :) There IS going to be perception mixed in, and gradually that will overtake any inner-voice input. This is how we learn. It's how I learned, at any rate. Trust me, I was 12 and 14 when I started with animal telepathy and spirit telepathy, respectively. I can guarantee you I had mixtures of inner-voice and clear communications at the outset. Again, it's all a part of learning and I didn't let it stop me from continuing to practice. The more you do, with things you can independently verify, the better you do.

And for practice, do things like these experiments that can be verified with the five muggle senses. That's how we get a handle on what it sounds like and feels like to have an accurate perception. Then it'll become easier to weed out inner-voice input from a connection with another mind.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Also, and I am posting this with specific threads in mind that I have seen here over the years: if you have an inner dialogue that is extremely self-critical, and I can attest that I used to tear myself down dreadfully before I broke the habit, there is one more big pitfall to avoid as a keeper.

If you have intensely self-critical thought processes on a regular basis, and get spirits, the critical inner-voice might be sneaky enough to try and dress itself up and make it appear that the spirits are joining in the insult-fest. Please don't fall into the trap of thinking that the very spirits who stepped forward during a conjuration specifically to befriend you, particularly any WA and lightest-side-of-DA-spectrum ones for whom malice is a foreign concept, are suddenly calling you all the dreadful insulting things that your inner dialogue has dreamed up during your lowest moments, saying they hate you, and worse.

I have seen threads on here from upset keepers saying their spirits are abusive and using language that mods have had to edit out of the post, calling them every name under the sun, saying they hate the keeper and want to be sent back to the conjurer, and worse. But if/when we get far enough into the thread to discern that the OP has a self-destructive inner dialogue under normal circumstances, or if they've posted other threads about self-destructive thought patterns, that's when I start to feel that the spirits that came from a reputable conjurer are most likely not the source of the abuse. It's most likely the inner dialogue running rampant.

Now if a spirit came from a conjurer who isn't skilled enough to spot that it's not the harmless being it claims to be, if the binding contract of a normally-malicious kind of spirit neglects to include sufficient restrictions against harming the keeper, or if the keeper is trying to hang out with the most malicious kinds of spirits without any sort of safeguards, then YES, it's possible for a malicious spirit to pile on with abuse once they see the person's own self-destructive thoughts in action.

But spirits from CH and other reputable conjurers are not going to attack their keepers in this way. My advice is for all would-be keepers to do their homework on conjurers, and if they are living with the burden of malignantly self-critical thought patterns, give the spirits the benefit of the doubt and don't blame them right off the bat for being abusive. Also, it'd be wise to seek any kind of treatment or counsel that will help them break out of that hurtful thought pattern.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor

Likes2Read wrote:Also, and I am posting this with specific threads in mind that I have seen here over the years: if you have an inner dialogue that is extremely self-critical, and I can attest that I used to tear myself down dreadfully before I broke the habit, there is one more big pitfall to avoid as a keeper.

If you have intensely self-critical thought processes on a regular basis, and get spirits, the critical inner-voice might be sneaky enough to try and dress itself up and make it appear that the spirits are joining in the insult-fest. Please don't fall into the trap of thinking that the very spirits who stepped forward during a conjuration specifically to befriend you, particularly any WA and lightest-side-of-DA-spectrum ones for whom malice is a foreign concept, are suddenly calling you all the dreadful insulting things that your inner dialogue has dreamed up during your lowest moments, saying they hate you, and worse.

I have seen threads on here from upset keepers saying their spirits are abusive and using language that mods have had to edit out of the post, calling them every name under the sun, saying they hate the keeper and want to be sent back to the conjurer, and worse. But if/when we get far enough into the thread to discern that the OP has a self-destructive inner dialogue under normal circumstances, or if they've posted other threads about self-destructive thought patterns, that's when I start to feel that the spirits that came from a reputable conjurer are most likely not the source of the abuse. It's most likely the inner dialogue running rampant.

Now if a spirit came from a conjurer who isn't skilled enough to spot that it's not the harmless being it claims to be, if the binding contract of a normally-malicious kind of spirit neglects to include sufficient restrictions against harming the keeper, or if the keeper is trying to hang out with the most malicious kinds of spirits without any sort of safeguards, then YES, it's possible for a malicious spirit to pile on with abuse once they see the person's own self-destructive thoughts in action.

But spirits from CH and other reputable conjurers are not going to attack their keepers in this way. My advice is for all would-be keepers to do their homework on conjurers, and if they are living with the burden of malignantly self-critical thought patterns, give the spirits the benefit of the doubt and don't blame them right off the bat for being abusive. Also, it'd be wise to seek any kind of treatment or counsel that will help them break out of that hurtful thought pattern.
This! Is actually a really, really good advice! 1ak
I used to talk myself down alot...had low self esteem. My spirits even tried to talk me out of it and getting upset, when I used to say nasty things about myself (even my darkest DA ones~). Sometimes they'll do a joke on my cost, but always with a wink and a pat on the shoulder, so to speak, but it's never happend until now that they said really nasty things about me, or things that upset me.

Return to “General Questions”