Number of Spirits: 3000
Spelled Number: 350
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Whisperer

Re: Empaths and HSPs Which One Are You?

Postby lori67k » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Aurum, that is certainly possible; I am both and yes a strong defense system is awesome, but even still, protection measures through energy work is often necessary along with frequent cleansing just to clear your own personal space in and around you. Others energies may not effect you consciously but any energies hanging around or that we are all exposed to, whether it effects us or not, can, and often, does build up in time and over time, this can cause to us (empath and/or sensitives) issues in the long run, such as poor health for example on a more deeper level than that of those not so sensitive to people and/or the energies around them

It (life in general compiled with my gifts) was a long, and mostly difficult journey for me but it has taught me a very powerful and amazing gift (or lesson, if you prefer) where inner walls are concerned and that is... it is always best to move through them then go around them

Ever hear someone say... going around the bush(?) when for example, a person is asked a question but they either side step answering completely or go around the topic (still evading answering) until those around them out, either get frustrated or burn out, tired of waiting? lol

Well that same effect can happen when we try to go 'around' our inner walls, our fears, anxieties, the past even.... we wear ourselves out and typically we don't get as far ahead as we would like, if we all simply embraced what those walls were created in, face them, then move directly through them, we can then fully release them (inner blocks, etc) with more ease and even manifest more of what we do want as a result

I still have issues with myself, lol for instance, I still find it difficult to cry even when I am alone; it represents vulnerability to me; back in the day, it represented weakness because that was what I was taught and bad thing always happened to me because I showed "weakness" or any form of vulnerability so pushing through life without crying became a protective survival mechanism, that in spite of my overcoming those old beliefs bestowed upon me; I still find myself subconsciously choking the tears back while asking for guidance to completely surrender knowing it (crying) is okay, I am safe... It's still challenging though

Anyway.... good for you hon and all your inner power; that is so awesome

<3 I want to be the best that I can be. I want to do and have and live in a way that is in harmony with my idea of the greatest goodness. I want to harmonize physically here in this body with that which I believe to be the best, or the good way, of life. <3

This blessing... I send out to all of you <3 1ht <3

~LavenderRose~
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby ~LavenderRose~ » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:05 am

This was very interesting! I've always been a more sensitive person, and I didn't know that being an empath and being a HSP were linked. I'm going to look into this further, this is interesting. 1rd

lori67k
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced

Postby lori67k » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:30 am

I discovered my having this link a number of years ago but wasn't sure how to truly classify my gifts until I stumbled upon this article posted last year. I also have Aspergers (higher functioning form of autism) so I knew I was hyper sensitive but also could draw in others energies like sonar; I used to call it emotional radar, lol. with the help of this article and understanding some natural quirks (and gifts) aspies tend to have, my life certainly made a lot more sense 1ey

Thanks for the interest in reading this blog LavenderRose; please feel free to share whatever you discover upon your search 1d

Many blessings 1ht

<3 I want to be the best that I can be. I want to do and have and live in a way that is in harmony with my idea of the greatest goodness. I want to harmonize physically here in this body with that which I believe to be the best, or the good way, of life. <3

Rainbowgirl
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faerie Princess obvi
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna

Postby Rainbowgirl » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:50 am

Thank you for this post!! :)

I recently discoved through a creepy hollows reading that I am a natural empath as well, so I can definitely relate. It's crazy to think that for so long I didn't know that I had this power, but it made sense because I grew up easily affected by others emotions and hated feeling the emotions far more intensely then the average person walking down the street. Although it can be indeed helpful at times, I find my being so sensitive to energy a bit of blessing in disguise. Because it can create blockage when not handled propperly. So taking time to be super aware, as the article acknowledged, and addressing feelings when they arise to see if they are your own has been a big help to me.

Very helpful post, thanks!! Bookmarking this! 2lv

O' brave new world, that has such people in it! - The Tempest

Spirit family: lots of em, and always growing <3

Main witchy traits:
Wicca, Necromancer, Astral travel, Charmer, Nature, Enchanter, Lucid Dreamer and Scrying witch extraordinaire ! 2yn

DualWanderer3
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23

Postby DualWanderer3 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Rainbowgirl wrote:Thank you for this post!! :)

I recently discoved through a creepy hollows reading that I am a natural empath as well, so I can definitely relate. It's crazy to think that for so long I didn't know that I had this power, but it made sense because I grew up easily affected by others emotions and hated feeling the emotions far more intensely then the average person walking down the street. Although it can be indeed helpful at times, I find my being so sensitive to energy a bit of blessing in disguise. Because it can create blockage when not handled propperly. So taking time to be super aware, as the article acknowledged, and addressing feelings when they arise to see if they are your own has been a big help to me.

Very helpful post, thanks!! Bookmarking this! 2lv

So then someone like me who didn't even know about blockages for the 14+ years where it was the most problematic and still tends to have problems with it here and there is garenteed to have blockeges to deal with.

blessed be

lori67k
neophyte
neophyte

Postby lori67k » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:48 pm

If each of us can hold onto the awareness that our lives paths are journeys, not destinations, meaning we each have the potential to make positive changes in our lives; this helps a lot especially for us empaths and sensitives

DualWanderer, everyone has blockages of some sort, many are born with blockages encoded in our dna from ancestral and even past lives existence and as we move through this life, will develop many more through thoughts, belief systems taught to us and our own personal experiences, it is just a part of life; and it is each of our responsibility to resolve and remove these blockages so we can grow and expand, so yes, that is a good bet.

Thank you rainbowgirl... I'll tell you all, life is never easy, and yes, it sucks sometimes for those of us with these gifts to realize that not only are we here to deal with our own stuff but now we have to take on and adsorb others people's energies, and emotions too(?) ugh, lol and yes it can feel like a curse sometimes, the response that I've heard people struggling with drugs and/or alcohol or other support group system someone might go and receive, say is One Day At A Time (but for many of us sensitives it can be more like One Minute At A time)... well that saying can be applied to just about any area in our lives we may find ourselves struggling with and it is a perfect mantra (the thing to remember and apply to our lives) for us empaths and hsp's for sure

Thank you all, for reading this and sharing your insights and experiences; it brings me much happiness to know this information is able to help others out where need be 1d

Happy day everyone 1ey

Hugs and lots of blessings 1ht

swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

Postby swannie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:14 am

Really great post!!! I could relate to a number of things said in here that were very much me!!..... ....:skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels

Postby Huffette » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:45 am

Aurum wrote:I think I'm both. It was recently revealed to me that I am a quite strong empath, coming from long line of empaths. I never knew and I have been trying to figure this gift out. I never knew because even if many empath traits fit me, I'm never overwhelmed and I don't think other people's emotions have that much effect on me, but I suppose my natural defense system is quite strong.
I know I am a highly sensitive person, and a a result I have built a wall around me when I was very young and now I have to work my way around it.

I can understand where you are coming from, Aurum. Going to school when I was younger was a trial by fire kind of deal. I knew the thoughts of others and felt their feelings. The feelings of sadness would overwhelm me so much, it would affect me in class and I would end up in tears for no real reason. Hearing the thoughts of a businessman in an elevator when we were in it with a mother and baby was an overwhelming experience. It took a lot of self control not to expose his thoughts and more self control not to hit him in the face for thinking the morbid thoughts he was thinking. It ruined my shopping trip because I absorbed the emotions of the infant and the prudish man in the elevator.

Huffette
Mommy to three haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

Postby Aurum » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 pm

lori67k wrote:Aurum, that is certainly possible; I am both and yes a strong defense system is awesome, but even still, protection measures through energy work is often necessary along with frequent cleansing just to clear your own personal space in and around you. Others energies may not effect you consciously but any energies hanging around or that we are all exposed to, whether it effects us or not, can, and often, does build up in time and over time, this can cause to us (empath and/or sensitives) issues in the long run, such as poor health for example on a more deeper level than that of those not so sensitive to people and/or the energies around them

It (life in general compiled with my gifts) was a long, and mostly difficult journey for me but it has taught me a very powerful and amazing gift (or lesson, if you prefer) where inner walls are concerned and that is... it is always best to move through them then go around them

Ever hear someone say... going around the bush(?) when for example, a person is asked a question but they either side step answering completely or go around the topic (still evading answering) until those around them out, either get frustrated or burn out, tired of waiting? lol

Well that same effect can happen when we try to go 'around' our inner walls, our fears, anxieties, the past even.... we wear ourselves out and typically we don't get as far ahead as we would like, if we all simply embraced what those walls were created in, face them, then move directly through them, we can then fully release them (inner blocks, etc) with more ease and even manifest more of what we do want as a result

I still have issues with myself, lol for instance, I still find it difficult to cry even when I am alone; it represents vulnerability to me; back in the day, it represented weakness because that was what I was taught and bad thing always happened to me because I showed "weakness" or any form of vulnerability so pushing through life without crying became a protective survival mechanism, that in spite of my overcoming those old beliefs bestowed upon me; I still find myself subconsciously choking the tears back while asking for guidance to completely surrender knowing it (crying) is okay, I am safe... It's still challenging though

Anyway.... good for you hon and all your inner power; that is so awesome

I have a thing with crying too, it's extremely rare that I cry and I would have great difficulties crying in front of anyone, even those closest to me. Showing any kind of weakness or vulnerability are difficult things for me.

Also, very good point about cleansing, I do admit I have only recently taken a habit of cleansing my energy field daily.

Huffette wrote:
Aurum wrote:I think I'm both. It was recently revealed to me that I am a quite strong empath, coming from long line of empaths. I never knew and I have been trying to figure this gift out. I never knew because even if many empath traits fit me, I'm never overwhelmed and I don't think other people's emotions have that much effect on me, but I suppose my natural defense system is quite strong.
I know I am a highly sensitive person, and a a result I have built a wall around me when I was very young and now I have to work my way around it.

I can understand where you are coming from, Aurum. Going to school when I was younger was a trial by fire kind of deal. I knew the thoughts of others and felt their feelings. The feelings of sadness would overwhelm me so much, it would affect me in class and I would end up in tears for no real reason. Hearing the thoughts of a businessman in an elevator when we were in it with a mother and baby was an overwhelming experience. It took a lot of self control not to expose his thoughts and more self control not to hit him in the face for thinking the morbid thoughts he was thinking. It ruined my shopping trip because I absorbed the emotions of the infant and the prudish man in the elevator.

I think I don't remember as much of my childhood as a normal person does, perhaps I'm blocking something that I don't want to remember consciously, who knows... but I suppose it might be related to the walls I have built around me.

lori67k
neophyte
neophyte

Postby lori67k » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:26 pm

I've had a rough childhood too, practically raised myself so i completely understand and yes... for the longest time I felt I blocked out critical moments from my childhood and at the time felt I could only move forward if i could only remember, but I've discovered beliefs like those are clearly over-rated for once I was willing to let go of the past, it no longer plagued me nor held me back; I moved forward just fine and frankly, I am much better for it

Most of my blocks, I decided to just let go, there must have been significant reasons that I do not recall certain aspects of my past; I had to learn to come to terms with that and stop over-analyzing things which were only keeping me stuck

As they say, there's a reason they call it the past; we cannot look back, only forward and we can only live in the now; for the present moment, when all is said and done is the only moment that truly matters

Blessings for you hon; and thanks so much for sharing :) <3 :)

Return to “lori67k”