Lucid Dream Method and Theories to increase lucid (or vivid) dreams

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

3 Years ago I found a pretty decent Method to trigger lucid dreams in a german dream forum. I could retrace the original "inventor" of the theory and the original instruction for this method:
http://cosmiciron.blogspot.co.at/2013/0 ... ld_16.html

It's a very easy method and since I know of this method, I never used another again. I would say, it triggers a lucid dream in 2/3 of the cases. (at least for me). It's quick, easy to learn and don't require you to suppress your thoughts.
The original instruction says that you should use it in combination with the WBTB (Wake-back to bed-method) method to get the best results. You can also use the method before you fall asleep. it won't work all the time that way, but you can increase the chances of remembering your dreams.

The method works in "cycles". One cycle include three senses: seeing, hearing, feeling.

The first thing is, that you lay down, preferably on the back, arms and legs not crossed.

Close your eyes and concentrate on what you see behind your closed eyelids. Shadows? Colors? Nothing? Everything is fine, as long as you concentrate only on the things you see or not see behind your eyelids.

Now listen to your surroundings. What do your hear? Do you hear the house settling? (or your spirits wandering around? :P) The Wind rustling in the leaves? A dog barking in the distance? A hum? Concentrate on every sound you hear.

The last is feeling or sensing. Feel the blanket on your skin, your pillow under your head, the weight of your body pressing against the matress. Try to just feel what physical sensation you get.

Repeat the cycles 4-6 times in a very short time. ~5 seconds per sense should be fine.
After you did the "small" cycles, continue with bigger cycles*. Every step should now last at least 30 seconds. 3 bigger cycles should be enough.
Important! Don't focus on the time you've spend! (aka counting seconds) Only focus on the sense and move to the other if you have the feeling that the "time is over".

When you're finished with the cycles, get into your prefered sleeping position and just fall asleep.

*- it's possible (or rather...very likely) that you'll lost yourself in random thoughts, when you do the bigger cycles. That's just a sign from your mind that you're about to fall asleep. Don't push the thoughts away or surpress them. It's totally fine. When you notice, that cou became distracted, just begin at the beginning of your cycle you did and it will be ok :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another thing, I've noticed and wanted to explore more in the next weeks...
It seems that some food is more likely to trigger lucid (or very vivid) dreams, than other. ATM I have the theory that a dinner, which contains more animal protein, tends to trigger spontanous lucid dreams (like getting aware in the middle of the dream) or at least supporting the dream recall ability.

I got the idea of this, when I had a "cold dinner"- a fried egg and a bagle with cottage cheese.
The night after that, I had a pre-lucid dream (I was aware, that I was dreaming, but couldn't control it 100%)
When I started with my dream work, I used to eat a little bowl of quark and a piece of bread every evening to trigger lucid dreams.
Back in my training period I learned that eggs in combination with potatos have the highest amount of protein, which can be resorbed and converted by the body with almost no loss [high biological value]. That's what I want to try next (maybe this evening) I will use this thread to keep track of my results in regards of this.

☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Finally! Thank you so much for this thread! >w< My request has been fulfilled hehe.. Gonna try it tonight! :')

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor

Aditya19 wrote:Finally! Thank you so much for this thread! >w< My request has been fulfilled hehe.. Gonna try it tonight! :')
No problem. I'm happy I was able to help : 3

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Interesting technique that I'm definitely going to try. Thanks for sharing.

As for foods, I remember reading from somewhere that eating salad before bedtime could help to trigger lucid dreams.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor

Aurum wrote: As for foods, I remember reading from somewhere that eating salad before bedtime could help to trigger lucid dreams.
That would really surprise me, because salad conists to 95% of water and doesn't weight much. Let's say 1 portion of salad weights about 310gr (can't find the US-unit of measurement for gramm...X_X). 95% is water, which leave 15gr left of minerals and other ingredience.
But it would be interesting to know which salad exactly could trigger lucid dreams. I could check their minerals, compare it with the other foods I have on my list and maybe find similarities.
*is really excited right now*

Rainbowgirl
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons and Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faerie Princess obvi
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Karma
Zodiac:

Thank you for sharing a quick summary along with the link, Cats! 2lv
I am always looking for new methods to fiddle with for traveling, and this sounds fun! Can't wait to try it out! 2hp
Aurum wrote: As for foods, I remember reading from somewhere that eating salad before bedtime could help to trigger lucid dreams.
While a greener diet can help lucid dreaming, (and salads also hold a lot of water which helps with lucidy,) it honestly takes time. You could definitely work salad in as a regular meal staple, but as a spontaneous or sparce meal/practice, it simply wouldn't help.
Salads are great, but sadly, not some miracle lucid dreaming trigger, no matter what type it is.

From what I have both read and experienced so far in my short 5 yr long lucid dreaming adventures, is that a diet rich in all greens, nuts, fruits and veggies (all day long, mind you.) and zero to low meat intake, as well as taking a daily vitamin supplement of b12, b6, magnesium and valerian will help a ton! More than I can express! 2lv

Also, after I became a vegetarian, my lucidity increased 10 fold, but only after about a month of cutting out meat for good. And also, drinking water is a must!! The required 34 oz a day is definitely needed to be fluid in body, life, and dreams.

Also, fun fact, smoking mugwort and mugwort tea helps induce lucidity. You can usually pick up loose mugwort at your local wiccian store. 2cl

Hope this helps! Sweet dreaming everyone!
<3

O' brave new world, that has such people in it! - The Tempest

Spirit family: lots of em, and always growing Hail to my Princes of Hell >:)

Witchy traits:
Sigils, Necromancer, Astral travel, Demonolotry, Charmer, Nature Witch, Enchanter, Lucid Dreamer, Grecian magic, Travler, Lucifarian, Baneful Magic, LHP and Scrying Witch extraordinaire!
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Rainbowgirl wrote: From what I have both read and experienced so far in my short 5 yr long lucid dreaming adventures, is that a diet rich in all greens, nuts, fruits and veggies (all day long, mind you.) and zero to low meat intake, as well as taking a daily vitamin supplement of b12, b6, magnesium and valerian will help a ton! More than I can express! 2lv

Also, after I became a vegetarian, my lucidity increased 10 fold, but only after about a month of cutting out meat for good. And also, drinking water is a must!! The required 34 oz a day is definitely needed to be fluid in body, life, and dreams.

Also, fun fact, smoking mugwort and mugwort tea helps induce lucidity. You can usually pick up loose mugwort at your local wiccian store. 2cl

Hope this helps! Sweet dreaming everyone!
<3
This pretty much describes my diet (apart from valerian but unfortunately I only get lucid dreams if I have a nightmare and that happens maybe once a year if I'm, lucky.
I do have some mugwort that I wanted to use as an aid to lucid dreaming but I tried it as tea once and it made my teeth really sensitive so I have to find another way of working with it.

Rainbowgirl
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons and Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faerie Princess obvi
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Karma
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote: This pretty much describes my diet (apart from valerian but unfortunately I only get lucid dreams if I have a nightmare and that happens maybe once a year if I'm, lucky.
I do have some mugwort that I wanted to use as an aid to lucid dreaming but I tried it as tea once and it made my teeth really sensitive so I have to use another way of working with it.
Nightmares are no good 2dz

Do you try to combind your diet with diffrent lucid inducing techniques, alternating every month?
For example, have you tried FILED for a month and kept a journal, then for 30 days try MILD and record it, then WILD for 30 days and so on until you find your best method? If not I suggest looking at the diffrent lucid triggering methods and start this wonderful practice to see which one works best for you. 2lv

Also have you been doing reality checks every hour or two daily? This is essential. There's some great apps that will remind you to do reality checks or you can just set a reminder on you alarm clock.
Hope this helps! I am a huge lucid dreamer, so I always happy to help as well as learn new methods done by others. <3

O' brave new world, that has such people in it! - The Tempest

Spirit family: lots of em, and always growing Hail to my Princes of Hell >:)

Witchy traits:
Sigils, Necromancer, Astral travel, Demonolotry, Charmer, Nature Witch, Enchanter, Lucid Dreamer, Grecian magic, Travler, Lucifarian, Baneful Magic, LHP and Scrying Witch extraordinaire!
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor

It's not a drug and legally available on stores, but "Huperzine A" (it's an extract from the leaves of a chinese moss) also triggers intense (and lucid) dreams, but you should only take it one or two times a week, because your body can get used to it. I take it sometimes, when I want quick results (aka I have to speak with a spirit face to face pretty quickly; I used to do this, when new unbounds are showing up), but not more often than once a month.
I agree with Rainbowgirl. Realitychecks are important (I tend to forget them...and than my lucid dreams are getting more rare~). If you're "new" to lucid dreaming, experiment with different methods, like Rainbowgirl said.
I can talk about my own experiences that I tried almost every WILD method I found on the internet, which took me about a year of regular practice, until I found out that for me, personally, WILD-methods don't work at all, while on others WILD methods were the most effective ones.
Luckily lucid reaming became more popular in the "internet society" in the last years and the internet is full of new, interesting methods. Just have fun, play around and see what suits you the best.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor

I tried the potato+Egg thing three evenings in a row. I went to bed at different times, but was always tired. I had weird, vivid dreams, but my sleep was aweful. I woke up many times, turn around from one side to another.
So, for me...this didn't really work out.

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”