Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Netheran

As i look up ways of protecting yourself. A common theme people seem to mention is putting something like salt, hematite, camphor, iron, etc in the 4 corners of your room or house. My question is why? Whats the background behind the idea of placing protective elements in the four corners of a room somehow protective?

And secondly, people seem to think the front door and back door have a special meaning for removing spirits or inviting them in. IE i have heard placing limes, or rice at the front door as though this somehow blocks entry even though i hear spirits passing thru the walls all day and night, so i am wondering where this comes from?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mm perhaps related to feng shui?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Netheran
neophyte
neophyte

I went to a local pagan shop and got my answer. It seems 4 corners is a grid essentially. When i set up my own version of a bag of stones and placed them in the 4 corners, I felt several spirits try to grab onto me then fade away! I am trying to see if any of them were my own, but i could not believe the power of simply placing some stones in the 4 corners of the room. If anyone is interested in knowing my setup that caused the powerful effect i will go thru a bag and post it.

Netheran
neophyte
neophyte

I also learned something new tonight and that is that when smudging, you should focus on the corners of a room, since some acient people believed that is where spirits like to hide/reside. I tried that when saging today in my room and I felt a difference! Certaintly felt better than just waving my burning grass wand around hoping for the best.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Netheran wrote:I went to a local pagan shop and got my answer. It seems 4 corners is a grid essentially. When i set up my own version of a bag of stones and placed them in the 4 corners, I felt several spirits try to grab onto me then fade away! I am trying to see if any of them were my own, but i could not believe the power of simply placing some stones in the 4 corners of the room. If anyone is interested in knowing my setup that caused the powerful effect i will go thru a bag and post it.
Thanks for sharing your follow-up with us!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”