Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Netheran

The Goddess is considered by some to be a paradox. She heals and sickens, she is the youth and the death, the huntress that hunts wild animals and yet the wild is sacred to her. I have read that people think this makes her paradoxical in nature.

I feel differently, in fact I think she is not paradoxical at all. She is the Goddess of the moon. A circle in the sky. If we think of that circle as the circle of life, and the goddess is known to aim her bow as a huntress I felt that this means that bow ocupies the arc of life (the arc of her bow) where death and birth (or rebirth) occur. Its like a clock, where 12 at night is the instant switch from one day into a new one. The arrow in the bow represents the seperation of the begining of life and the end of it.

The part where she hunts the animals and they are sacred to her is because she the aspect of the wild nature. Nature is based simply on a predator and prey aspect. She embodies the aspect of the predator, and the antlers are representaive of prey. Which is a blury line because most things in nature hunt and are hunted. In this way she is not a paradox at all when we see how things blend together in such a way.

This is my thought on how to explain how the gGddess occupies these seeming contradictions.

SummerStarz
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 324
Spelled Number: 49
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Summer Starz
Zodiac:

You explained this wonderfully

Family of 280
I have walked the paths of time but have never found a soul that shines as bright as yours
Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

The moon shares the feminine Yang aspect with Saturn, which is the world of limitations, structure and finality as well as beginnings and ends. Death is contradictory by nature because it is also the beginning of new life. In order for something to live, something else must die, be it plant or animal. Respect ought to be shown for both predator and prey, as they are both a part of the same cycle and also fit into the others role at some point. Every cell in our body is comprised of something that belonged to another lifeform. This demonstrates how our mortal forms are merely 'borrowed' for the time we have on this earth and how our spirits are what we truly possess as our own.

Artemis is one of several figures in various theological backgrounds that share the aspect of the noble 'lady reaper', hence why she is considered a part of the triple goddess in neopaganism. I'm not much into deity worship, but I find it fascinating how the planets seem to represent the aspects of our lives on our respective world.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley

Return to “Immortals”