Shutting out 'dark/black energies' within ourselves?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:Why do you have to take everything that is said extremely literally? How about not looking at things from that point of view instead?

As said first you take a quote like its 100% literal now this just because it's a concept related to a certain way that people responded in history.
Because there's no indication in your previous posts that it was metaphorically/figuratively said, or as analogy. One example is Kalfu's "Let me give an example.." above.

And as I said before, "Well, that's what using quotes found somewhere is: who said it, what they actually mean, why they were said in the first place, as well as whether they're relatable to the context of the current topic. Else, it's a potential misuse, e.g. Tokumitsu's review on the phrase 'Do what you love, love what you do.'"

Thus, from now on, do you prefer that all your posts to be viewed as metaphoric, hyperbolic, or overdramatization? The replies might be in similar manner, though, i.e. not practical/realistic responses..

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:Not to mention I know this might sound silly but most of the 'destroy monsters' stuff I 'did' was inside war or geopolitical simulation well 'games' where I 'nuked/invaded' those who suddenly attacked me non-stop to wipe them off the map if they became too annoying when trying to do a mostly peaceful playthrough. Was reluctant to mention before, but despite this it is still an experience and has an effect.

As mentioned in a similar thread there was a study which showed that playing war/combat games increased tendency in people who did experience it to react on negative impulse or 'aggression'.
If you feel that playing warlike games is causing you to act based on aggression, and that's not sitting right with you, the alternative is to seek out other genres of games, and/or entertainment in general (movies, TV, etc.) that don't emphasize aggression.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:Not to mention I know this might sound silly but most of the 'destroy monsters' stuff I 'did' was inside war or geopolitical simulation well 'games' where I 'nuked/invaded' those who suddenly attacked me non-stop to wipe them off the map if they became too annoying when trying to do a mostly peaceful playthrough. Was reluctant to mention before, but despite this it is still an experience and has an effect.

They cause you to want to wire your mind into anticipating what 'negative' things might happen and how to avoid them thus or react maybe?

As mentioned in a similar thread there was a study which showed that playing war/combat games increased tendency in people who did experience it to react on negative impulse or 'aggression'.
If you feel that playing warlike games is causing you to act based on aggression, and that's not sitting right with you, the alternative is to seek out other genres of games, and/or entertainment in general (movies, TV, etc.) that don't emphasize aggression.
Well not so much as 'act' due to the fact that would only be reserved for 'enemies'.

But down to the fact they are an experience despite being fiction like movies and do pump certain energies of some kind into your mind, despite the 'excitement/action/exploration'. This part is about finding how to get them out of the system.

Any tips/advice for flushing out the energies that come from them though so they don't influence?

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

YOU DON'T WANT TO SHUT OUT THE DARK ENERGY IN YOU BECAUSE EARTH IS NOT A WORLD THAT WILL SUFFER THE PURE. YOU GOTTA HAVE THAT FIGHT IN YOU TO SURVIVE & THAT SURVIVAL INSTINCT COMES OUT OF THE PRIMAL ENERGY THAT'S IN YOUR NATURAL DARKNESS.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GREY, YOU NEED THAT BALANCE OF LIGHT & DARKNESS, YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO GO INTO BLACK ARTS. THAT'S WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

The only way to prevent the thoughts, emotions, and/or energies you refer to from arising is to stay out of the situations where you are certain they will be triggered.

The options are twofold. One, you can look at the aspect of yourself that arises under those conditions, make peace with it, and consciously prevent it from getting in the driver's seat unless there is a legit danger to yourself or others. (Gameplay may or may not count as a legit danger; that's your judgment call to make.) Or two, completely avoid every situation, place, or person who causes those aspects of yourself to rise to the surface. Thus includes gameplay situations.

Option 1 is the more prudent one, IMO, as it will leave you better prepared to deal with those facets of yourself when they are spurred into activity. I say this because mere avoidance can never be a foolproof course of action. A crisis situation might arise in real life where you don't want to be distracted by thoughts of "Oh, no, there goes that part of me I want to bury! It's back!" while handling said crisis.

We all have that side that is capable of lashing out. The trick is knowing when it's NOT the appropriate response to a situation, and telling it "No." Everyone has to learn it, starting from the time we are toddlers. But that side will have its uses, if we are responding to an actual threat. At that point, lashing out in self-defense will be entirely appropriate.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:The only way to prevent the thoughts, emotions, and/or energies you refer to from arising is to stay out of the situations where you are certain they will be triggered.

The options are twofold. One, you can look at the aspect of yourself that arises under those conditions, make peace with it, and consciously prevent it from getting in the driver's seat unless there is a legit danger to yourself or others. (Gameplay may or may not count as a legit danger; that's your judgment call to make.) Or two, completely avoid every situation, place, or person who causes those aspects of yourself to rise to the surface. Thus includes gameplay situations.

Option 1 is the more prudent one, IMO, as it will leave you better prepared to deal with those facets of yourself when they are spurred into activity. I say this because mere avoidance can never be a foolproof course of action. A crisis situation might arise in real life where you don't want to be distracted by thoughts of "Oh, no, there goes that part of me I want to bury! It's back!" while handling said crisis.

We all have that side that is capable of lashing out. The trick is knowing when it's NOT the appropriate response to a situation, and telling it "No." Everyone has to learn it, starting from the time we are toddlers. But that side will have its uses, if we are responding to an actual threat. At that point, lashing out in self-defense will be entirely appropriate.
I think the thoughts might also have something to do with 'unconscious curiosity'?

The more you extremely revile, really don't want and oppose something or an idea of something happening the more somehow that pushes your mind to turn curious then think about it unconsciously?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

That sounds like reverse psychology : )

It also means that it controls or manipulates the person. In order not to be controled by the unconscious/subconscious, L2R's advice is good.
Likes2Read wrote:The options are twofold. One, you can look at the aspect of yourself that arises under those conditions, make peace with it, and consciously prevent it from getting in the driver's seat unless there is a legit danger to yourself or others. (Gameplay may or may not count as a legit danger; that's your judgment call to make.) Or two, completely avoid every situation, place, or person who causes those aspects of yourself to rise to the surface. Thus includes gameplay situations.
The first one is similar to shadow work, which I believe has been recommended to you before. The second is to let it go, not to let it enter your mind; it can be like 100% neutral or not even caring about certain topics. For example, there are new species of insects discovered in Africa, and we'd be like "Okay" : P

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Kalfu
new here
new here

ServantofJustice wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:The only way to prevent the thoughts, emotions, and/or energies you refer to from arising is to stay out of the situations where you are certain they will be triggered.

I think the thoughts might also have something to do with 'unconscious curiosity'?

The more you extremely revile, really don't want and oppose something or an idea of something happening the more somehow that pushes your mind to turn curious then think about it unconsciously?
Wow, is there something you detest so deeply that you revile it? If that is the case, then it is completely understandable why you would find yourself thinking about it more so. By reviling anything, you give it power over you mentally.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:

That's even more reason to face those unwanted thoughts head-on. It takes away their power when you turn a spotlight on them and declare, "When an idea like you crosses my mind, I'm going to ignore it and carry on doing what I'm doing. I'm not going to dwell on it or freak out about it. I'm not going to assign it any importance."

Having said that, if a person is dealing with a barrage of gruesome or unwanted thoughts, to the point where it could be disrupting their ability to function, that's a symptom that means it's time to talk to a doctor. It's my understanding that some folks with OCD deal with that, and maybe some other disorders share that symptom. Those things are treatable, but only when a doctor's advice is sought out.

But if all we're talking about is a random, unwanted idea cropping up, feel free to deliberately ignore it and not attach strong emotions to its appearance.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:

That's even more reason to face those unwanted thoughts head-on. It takes away their power when you turn a spotlight on them and declare, "When an idea like you crosses my mind, I'm going to ignore it and carry on doing what I'm doing. I'm not going to dwell on it or freak out about it. I'm not going to assign it any importance."

Having said that, if a person is dealing with a barrage of gruesome or unwanted thoughts, to the point where it could be disrupting their ability to function, that's a symptom that means it's time to talk to a doctor. It's my understanding that some folks with OCD deal with that, and maybe some other disorders share that symptom. Those things are treatable, but only when a doctor's advice is sought out.

But if all we're talking about is a random, unwanted idea cropping up, feel free to deliberately ignore it and not attach strong emotions to its appearance.
They don't always appear 'all the time' then, just at certain times and when you try to 'think into removing' these thoughts they become stronger then make a comeback if activity isn't shut down. Despite it working to some extent in disappearing them. They seem to have a link to what people call an instinct of 'morbid/bad curiosity' or the below:

Not all are 'gruesome' but you most commonly can tell when it's manifesting in people's minds by them saying things like 'But what if x scenario happens to me/them? I hope it doesn't(Shows very great reviling of the idea).' When people in the physical anticipate the seriousness of something bad happening and how to avoid it or act in ways to protect those they care about when these thoughts might most commonly manifest.

These do occur worse probably among those in law enforcement, armed forces or live in 'bad neighbourhoods' who 'refuse to go out at night or let close ones do so'.

Return to “Paranormal Energy”