Shutting out 'dark/black energies' within ourselves?

Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Dark energy is, from what I understand, the 'primal' energy of the physical universe which is contrast to the 'ideal' energy of the divine universe. While an overabundance of dark energy is bad for obvious reasons, replacing it entirely with light energy is not better. This is because the 'perfect ideal state' is one in which there is no conflict of duality, and therefore no real substance. It's just brighter, shinier version of entropy.

Just like the light energies within us are necessary to keep ourselves moving forward, the dark energies are necessary for keeping us alive in the first place. Fear, anger, pain, doubt, guilt... these are dark emotions that anyone would want to avoid, but we need to be able to feel them in order to truly live. Fear keeps us away from danger. Anger gives us the means to protect ourselves and others. Pain allows us to learn what our bodies should stay away from. Doubt gives us the rational grounding necessary to prevent us from becoming utterly delusional. Guilt helps us realize when we are in the wrong so that we may better ourselves.

These feelings cannot -- and should not -- be completely cut off. Instead, they must be properly tempered with their light counterparts in order for us to evolve. A being that only incorporates one type of energy is not capable of bettering itself. In fact, I would argue that it is not truly alive. Hypothetically, if there were and entity that only had primal energy, it would be a soulless automaton that would care nothing for its own existence, or anything for that matter. Likewise, if there were an entity that only had ideal energy, it wouldn't be anything other than an empty idea that fades away the moment it comes into being.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Supernaut wrote:Dark energy is, from what I understand, the 'primal' energy of the physical universe which is contrast to the 'ideal' energy of the divine universe. While an overabundance of dark energy is bad for obvious reasons, replacing it entirely with light energy is not better. This is because the 'perfect ideal state' is one in which there is no conflict of duality, and therefore no real substance. It's just brighter, shinier version of entropy.

Just like the light energies within us are necessary to keep ourselves moving forward, the dark energies are necessary for keeping us alive in the first place. Fear, anger, pain, doubt, guilt... these are dark emotions that anyone would want to avoid, but we need to be able to feel them in order to truly live. Fear keeps us away from danger. Anger gives us the means to protect ourselves and others. Pain allows us to learn what our bodies should stay away from. Doubt gives us the rational grounding necessary to prevent us from becoming utterly delusional. Guilt helps us realize when we are in the wrong so that we may better ourselves.

These feelings cannot -- and should not -- be completely cut off. Instead, they must be properly tempered with their light counterparts in order for us to evolve. A being that only incorporates one type of energy is not capable of bettering itself. In fact, I would argue that it is not truly alive. Hypothetically, if there were and entity that only had primal energy, it would be a soulless automaton that would care nothing for its own existence, or anything for that matter. Likewise, if there were an entity that only had ideal energy, it wouldn't be anything other than an empty idea that fades away the moment it comes into being.
akh wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:Do you think its possible and if I should find a way to shut out or basically as called seal up my 'dark/black' energies + self? I mean it would be helpful in certain situations in that having them so could be able to have more tame thoughts/mind, I mainly have to use them however when I 'fight back' in having to deal with conflict situations that may arise.
Absolutely not. We are not made up of just one energy. We are both light and dark energy. We must find the balance. Find the balance, denying yourself of your truest self is not the answer. Embrace both light and dark from within. Balance is key. There is no yin without yang.
Well reason I stopped putting this as priority is I pretty much was informed that I've already suppressed most, and many 'darker' energies besides the 'combat' related ones. I'm already more 'dictated' by the lighter/ideal energies.

I disliked the 'darkness' that dictated contemporary humans' emotions and tried to go the way of full light in response, in order to be the opposite. It turns out I've already pulled it off mostly, but not too much.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I think there are schools of thought that stress mastery of our impulses, rather than elimination of them.

Because let's face it, as long as we exist, ideas are going to cross our minds that are less than beneficial. But those of us with proper impulse control will understand that it's wrong to punch that annoying guy in the head, or cruel to let loose with that really scathing comment to that lady who angered us, and we let those urges pass without acting on them.

There's good reason why the Lord's Prayer includes the request, "Lead us not into temptation". Anyone hanging out where these hostile or cruel urges are the norm, rather than the exception, is at greater risk of doing something unacceptable, and ending up living with the aftermath. Who the heck needs that? So we ask for some help upgrading our environment and staying in places/with people who are boosting our better nature, not our worst impulses.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I think there are schools of thought that stress mastery of our impulses, rather than elimination of them.

Because let's face it, as long as we exist, ideas are going to cross our minds that are less than beneficial. But those of us with proper impulse control will understand that it's wrong to punch that annoying guy in the head, or cruel to let loose with that really scathing comment to that lady who angered us, and we let those urges pass without acting on them.

There's good reason why the Lord's Prayer includes the request, "Lead us not into temptation". Anyone hanging out where these hostile or cruel urges are the norm, rather than the exception, is at greater risk of doing something unacceptable, and ending up living with the aftermath. Who the heck needs that? So we ask for some help upgrading our environment and staying in places/with people who are boosting our better nature, not our worst impulses.
Well I was told that so long as the intention is WA, it retains the characteristic of that regardless the action that is taken in some ways. As long as the intention is genuinely good.

For example a person might decide to do those two actions you mentioned if they feel a sense of injustice, being wronged and trying to exercise justice in the name of good in hopes to instill discipline/teach a lesson that what they did was not right in that case?

I have made some aspects of myself already devoid of 'darkness' or liberated myself from it in the distant past. Including not having capacity to misjudge somebody if they are doing something that is causing negative responses, but are not intending to do so.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Still, we KNOW, or should know, when our first and worst impulse is to do something unacceptable. It's not OK to punch annoying people. It's not OK to nuke someone verbally for having gotten on our nerves. If we don't know this, and we care at all about staying on the lighter side of the line, we had better learn it fast. Otherwise, we will have things on our conscience like assault charges, or the look on someone's face that we caused with our uncalled-for remarks. And if we do have an active and functioning conscience, things like that do matter.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Still, we KNOW, or should know, when our first and worst impulse is to do something unacceptable. It's not OK to punch annoying people. It's not OK to nuke someone verbally for having gotten on our nerves. If we don't know this, and we care at all about staying on the lighter side of the line, we had better learn it fast. Otherwise, we will have things on our conscience like assault charges, or the look on someone's face that we caused with our uncalled-for remarks. And if we do have an active and functioning conscience, things like that do matter.
That being said I wonder how do some WA beings deal with negativity without 'losing their cool'? Would be impressive.

LadyWo1f
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: A shapeshifter, duh
Zodiac:

interesting thread.

Insanity is the gift that mankind calls a curse.

Less weeds, more blooms, make a change in the world or your not gonna like yourself- From My Waif Fairy

HOW THE FLART DID I GET HERE?!?!

*gotta go fast ladywo1f gotta go fast*

Return to “Paranormal Energy”