Shutting out 'dark/black energies' within ourselves?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Do you think its possible and if I should find a way to shut out or basically as called seal up my 'dark/black' energies + self? I mean it would be helpful in certain situations in that having them so could be able to have more tame thoughts/mind, I mainly have to use them however when I 'fight back' in having to deal with conflict situations that may arise.

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

That would be a very bad idea. We are dual creatures, dark and light, although the amounts vary. Your dark side is a part of you, and shutting it out causes problems.

You should learn about and embrace your dark side, be balanced in all that you are, both dark and light. That is healthiest.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

In order to evolve or transcend to the form of purity you may be after you don't shut out the dark energy. It sounds like you're simply wanting greater self control. You would reconcile your darker aspects, dive into the shadows, grab that beast by the proverbial horns and gain mastery of it. Suppression of your nature is an awful and counterproductive thing.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Kitsune wrote:That would be a very bad idea. We are dual creatures, dark and light, although the amounts vary. Your dark side is a part of you, and shutting it out causes problems.

You should learn about and embrace your dark side, be balanced in all that you are, both dark and light. That is healthiest.
What might be a good way to get self control of it though? It acts like a out-of-control 'Wraith' whenever that part becomes more incharge of my mind. Sure its useful and has been helpful in acting as a protective measure/'personal war machine' for me on conflict situations, by giving me the 'outward direction of anger' and a 'fighting visualisation' mindset.

But at the same time it can still be influencing me by seeping into situations which are not related to when I don't want it to, and interfere with thoughts/visualisation. Other words its both helpful and hindering for me in certain situations.

'Something' or my inner self told me that the 'problem is when trying to control it' that I 'use the angry and remove source of disharmony, which doesn't remove it but make it stronger'.
Noctifera wrote:In order to evolve or transcend to the form of purity you may be after you don't shut out the dark energy. It sounds like you're simply wanting greater self control. You would reconcile your darker aspects, dive into the shadows, grab that beast by the proverbial horns and gain mastery of it. Suppression of your nature is an awful and counterproductive thing.
Yep basically so how would I make it easier to control atleast and prevent that part of me from appearing when I don't want it to?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:Yep basically so how would I make it easier to control atleast and prevent that part of me from appearing when I don't want it to?
Some methods are meditation which can calm and govern the mind, sports & regular exercises for physical and mental fitness and stress relieves, improve emotional intelligence to further understand ourselves and others, etc etc : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
dragynraken
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGON, ALL FOXES
If I could be anything, I would be...: HAREM GOD
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: DRAGYN RAKEN
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:Do you think its possible and if I should find a way to shut out or basically as called seal up my 'dark/black' energies + self? I mean it would be helpful in certain situations in that having them so could be able to have more tame thoughts/mind, I mainly have to use them however when I 'fight back' in having to deal with conflict situations that may arise.
Without the dark, you will be consume by the light.

ImageImage
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Getting a handle on your temper, and mastering the art of not acting on a negative impulse, is just a normal part of adulting. You needn't suppress any of your normal energies in order to gain mastery over those parts of yourself that you don't want in the driver's seat.

Like everything else, self-control improves with practice. Sometimes it can start with an acknowledgement that "Yes, I am extremely tempted to blurt that hostile response out because I am angry. But it's completely inappropriate to say that, so I will keep silent." You can acknowledge, "Yes, I am angry, *but* that response I am tempted to make is entirely the wrong thing to do, and will do more harm than good. So I will do this other, more constructive thing instead." The more you do that, the better you will get at doing it.

This is entirely different from acting in legit self-defense. I took some self-defense classes, and it should go without saying that I don't go around kicking people somewhere sensitive and breaking people's noses all the time. I would be in jail if I did the things I learned in those classes without being attacked first. But no one would go to jail if, while endangered, they struck back at their attacker and injured them. So it's OK to review a situation in the muggle or metaphysical world, discern whether you are actually in danger vs. just being angry at someone's behavior, and responding accordingly.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

Yin and Yang always balance each other off.
Without Yin, Yang has no meaning. And vice versa.
Without the Devil, why do we need God? And vice versa.

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Getting a handle on your temper, and mastering the art of not acting on a negative impulse, is just a normal part of adulting. You needn't suppress any of your normal energies in order to gain mastery over those parts of yourself that you don't want in the driver's seat.

Like everything else, self-control improves with practice. Sometimes it can start with an acknowledgement that "Yes, I am extremely tempted to blurt that hostile response out because I am angry. But it's completely inappropriate to say that, so I will keep silent." You can acknowledge, "Yes, I am angry, *but* that response I am tempted to make is entirely the wrong thing to do, and will do more harm than good. So I will do this other, more constructive thing instead." The more you do that, the better you will get at doing it.

This is entirely different from acting in legit self-defense. I took some self-defense classes, and it should go without saying that I don't go around kicking people somewhere sensitive and breaking people's noses all the time. I would be in jail if I did the things I learned in those classes without being attacked first. But no one would go to jail if, while endangered, they struck back at their attacker and injured them. So it's OK to review a situation in the muggle or metaphysical world, discern whether you are actually in danger vs. just being angry at someone's behavior, and responding accordingly.
This does not have anything to do with 'anger' when they manifest, but just how that part of me could have done what people call 'warp my imagination/thoughts' or a small portion of my unconscious nature to an extent. I 'got angry' at those whom brought conflict to me on purpose, this attitude protected me but at the cost of 'warping' a portion of myself slightly because I went to play 'war games' or picture 'things happening' to relieve tension and if not then picture stuff happening out of worry that they might when measuring possibilities in a situation.

Its a consequences of this in my experiences, to sum up what I went through which changed a part of me to become a certain way this is what happened a bit when dealing with certain individuals on the physical: "To rise above monsters, we need to abandon our humanity."

This is not the 'normal me' but its influence is there get it, so if sealing it all away would be bad I was thinking what if there could be a solution to create some sort of 'floodgate' to help with establishing self-control over this part?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Getting a handle on your temper, and mastering the art of not acting on a negative impulse, is just a normal part of adulting. You needn't suppress any of your normal energies in order to gain mastery over those parts of yourself that you don't want in the driver's seat.
Furthermore to add I never get angry at those who I trust and I know whom we appreciate each other in a relation. I have a very strict rule for myself to not ever be no matter what they do and always try to accept everything. Especially never to any 'light' entities/beings, its just that a part of my visualization aspect could be too used to existing inside the 'combat situation/simulation' state. Trying to anticipate what bad things might happen in order to evade/counter them, as well as decide how to react and those appearing within the mind as a result, but with the cost of that appearing inside the part of you that is used for 'imagining'.
Last edited by HighSkies on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Paranormal Energy”