How to make a potion

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Good evening.

What do you need to know first before you start making a potion? Like if the herbs/minerals are safe to used on the skin and what else?

If I want, I can toss a crystal into the potion bottle to increase the effects yes?

Is it possible while using herb "A" with herb "B" it will cancel out their effects ie: (good luck and protection?) Is that something that is possible? The paranormal 101 didn't cover potions and I'm a bit disappointed tbh. Everything else in that book was good info, but finding out HOW to create a potion, rather than a potion recipe made by someone else is hard.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Step One: seek out references for magickal uses of herbs. Step Two: check out any references you can track down with potion recipes, since it'll help explain the process. Also, why reinvent the wheel? If you need a potion for X, and someone has already made a viable recipe available, why not check it out?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Step One: seek out references for magickal uses of herbs. Step Two: check out any references you can track down with potion recipes, since it'll help explain the process. Also, why reinvent the wheel? If you need a potion for X, and someone has already made a viable recipe available, why not check it out?
That's true, but I want to experiment and learn. Like how people did in the old days. I for the sake of my point; what if I didn't have access to potion recipes? Such as most of the internet's potions aren't safe for use on skin or the ingredients are hard to find and you want need to substitute?

I understand your point in trying what others have done, which are tried and true. But where did learning and experimenting on your own go? I find that doing things on your own a is a great use of creativity.

Regardless I appreciate your answer to my question.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Mm maybe when you've got used to successfully making potions with recipes, you can try to add or substitute the ingredient or method.

It's like cooking : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Mm maybe when you've got used to successfully making potions with recipes, you can try to add or substitute the ingredient or method.

It's like cooking : )
You do have a good point. I'm just used to trying to doing things on my own. I will try that, seeing from your perspective thanks.
: D

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

A lot of the pre-Internet and pre-printed-books folks learned from face-to-face mentors, rather than starting from zero and trying to teach themselves everything without access to existing lore.

I'm with darkwing. Start with reference material, master that, and then branch out.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Coolbeans

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Step One: seek out references for magickal uses of herbs. Step Two: check out any references you can track down with potion recipes, since it'll help explain the process. Also, why reinvent the wheel? If you need a potion for X, and someone has already made a viable recipe available, why not check it out?
Hi so I've recently learned some basics of alchemy, such as of the elements or 3 essentials. But I have to ask when we have to extract the alchemical 'sulphur' of a plant(Say the oil) how would we do it naturally without a 'condenser' pipe hooked with a vial to collect it as that aspect becomes air? Getting the mercury (spirit) of the plants seems easier & safest, but does it have to be condensed over and over again?

I don't have any vials but I can buy jars nearby, and have pans/pots that can be used on a stove so idk if I ever need to make a potion/elixir.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”