Linking Photos

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Is it possible to have a way to download photos to the forum straight from your computer or is it in any way possible to have a way to add photos without using a photo hosting services?

The reason I ask is that all the photos I have ever shared here are gone now, as photobucket changed its terms and now, in order to link my photos to a third party site, I would have to pay almost $400 a year, which is not going to happen.

Now anyone who knows me knows that I have shared a lot here, and this is a big loss for me. I would love to continue sharing my work or photos I take but if I move all my stuff to another photo hosting site, this could all happen again.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I don't share my stuff here, but can't you upload pictures in the "gallery"? (upper right corner)
Other users sometimes load stuff up there, so it is possible somehow.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Not really, no. The galllry doesn't appeal to me and I prefer to keep my photography and particularly the photos of my artworks in their own threads.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Well, crumbs. When did their terms change? I use Photobucket, too. Time to check out other sites like Imgur, I guess. #painintheneck

Do they still even have a free plan?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Well, crumbs. When did their terms change? I use Photobucket, too. Time to check out other sites like Imgur, I guess. #painintheneck

Do they still even have a free plan?
There probably are free ones but I wonder how long they will stay free. I read that you could register at blogger and use that to host your photos, so I may do that. The thing is, it's a huge job, just here I have a thread of 13 pages of photographs I have taken. I may just have to let it go.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

There already is a way.

When posting, if you go to the bottom of the post it has two headings which say options and attachments. If you click on attachments then click on add file, you can add a file from your computer directly. This is the way I've added pictures.

This is only open to tenure or higher members. :thumbup:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Really? Well that is quite wonderful, thanks for pointing that out!

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I already subscribe to Flickr, so I might have to delve into that site a bit more fully now. And I did set up an account on imgur.com a few years ago, but it has remained largely unused thanks to my photobucket account.

Oooo, the thought of having to download all that stuff from photobucket rather than lose it makes me a cranky human. Oh, well. Life is what it is. #doggoneit

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I would highly suggest a program called Dropbox. It's free and you can upload photos, make documents, and even pdfs and share them easily. There is also a mobile app which I currently use.

https://www.dropbox.com/login

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Shadows_ and_Omens
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

I just found out about that today too, and I'm really annoyed with it. I was already upset with photobucket when they disabled the link code that let people send pictures directly from their phone to their photobucket account, so they could force people to buy an app that does the same thing, without providing notice to the users of the link codes about the change. I ended up losing six months worth of photos.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”