First time Djinn user/First time seeing Djinn (Possibly)

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:That's the strange part even when I am doing distraction things like music and movies and stuff. I find myself habitually bringing the vessel with me. It's almost as if she's listening/watching with me. Like a silent companion at a movie theatre.
That's a very accurate impression. If you pay attention, after a while you might even feel what they're thinking about what you're watching. Or hear their commentary. :D
I hope so. I only heard her speak twice. And that was in her world. Hopefully I'll be able to hear the voice again in this world. Right now as I post this I am holding the vessel in my hand. It was cold at first but then it felt. The best way to describe it, lukewarm.
That's great! Yes, keep at it, I'm sure you'll hear her if you persist and keep spending time with her. :D

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Athena
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ace of Spades

CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:That's the strange part even when I am doing distraction things like music and movies and stuff. I find myself habitually bringing the vessel with me. It's almost as if she's listening/watching with me. Like a silent companion at a movie theatre.
That's a very accurate impression. If you pay attention, after a while you might even feel what they're thinking about what you're watching. Or hear their commentary. :D
I hope so. I only heard her speak twice. And that was in her world. Hopefully I'll be able to hear the voice again in this world. Right now as I post this I am holding the vessel in my hand. It was cold at first but then it felt. The best way to describe it, lukewarm.
That's great! Yes, keep at it, I'm sure you'll hear her if you persist and keep spending time with her. :D
That's good. But what exactly does it mean when the temp changes. I mean it's odd that it would be cold in the first place because where I am has had a massive heatwave, but does the temp define her mood or state of mind?

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor

AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:
That's good. But what exactly does it mean when the temp changes. I mean it's odd that it would be cold in the first place because where I am has had a massive heatwave, but does the temp define her mood or state of mind?
Depends. If it's burning hot, or tingles to the point of pain, that's generally a "stop doing that" or "I don't like that" sign. Ask me how I know... :lol:

It's most likely just her letting you know she's present. You won't feel her mood through your hands unless she's physically touching you in a very obvious sign ("don't put my vessel near that!" "don't touch that!" "don't put that other vessel on this hand or so help me..."). ;) Mood will be primarily felt through emotion. You'll know it's not yours because it's an impression you get from outside yourself. Like when you see someone else laughing and happy, you can feel that they're happy, right? Not just see it through the visual signs, but actually have that infectious sense of happiness via the other person? Or, on the other coin, fear, or anger, or sadness? Same concept.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:
Depends. If it's burning hot, or tingles to the point of pain, that's generally a "stop doing that" or "I don't like that" sign. Ask me how I know... :lol:

It's most likely just her letting you know she's present. You won't feel her mood through your hands unless she's physically touching you in a very obvious sign ("don't put my vessel near that!" "don't touch that!" "don't put that other vessel on this hand or so help me..."). ;) Mood will be primarily felt through emotion. You'll know it's not yours because it's an impression you get from outside yourself. Like when you see someone else laughing and happy, you can feel that they're happy, right? Not just see it through the visual signs, but actually have that infectious sense of happiness via the other person? Or, on the other coin, fear, or anger, or sadness? Same concept.
Much of why I asked was because there was a theory that you can detect the emotion of living beings through their temperature. I always thought it would also apply to other beings, since fictional works based off myths and legend, often have through visual mediums shown expressive emotions through color and temperature changes. Case in point James Woods' version of Hades. When he's his calm affable self, he's pale bluish white, with a bright blue flame on his head. Whereas when he's enraged, is skin turns a bright orange and his head flame spreads and grows into a violent red and yellow fire. As sort of an experiment I place the vessel down on my table for a few seconds and pick it up again. Before it goes warm again it's an ice cold even though the table is warm. Yet when I hold it for a few seconds it becomes lukewarm again. It's really intriguing. It's not even uncomfortably warm, kind of a pleasant one. I can only guess that it's because the Djinn inside is cold when it feels lonely, but warm when it's in my hand.

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor

AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:Depends. If it's burning hot, or tingles to the point of pain, that's generally a "stop doing that" or "I don't like that" sign. Ask me how I know... :lol:

Much of why I asked was because there was a theory that you can detect the emotion of living beings through their temperature. I always thought it would also apply to other beings, since fictional works based off myths and legend, often have through visual mediums shown expressive emotions through color and temperature changes. Case in point James Woods' version of Hades. When he's his calm affable self, he's pale bluish white, with a bright blue flame on his head. Whereas when he's enraged, is skin turns a bright orange and his head flame spreads and grows into a violent red and yellow fire. As sort of an experiment I place the vessel down on my table for a few seconds and pick it up again. Before it goes warm again it's an ice cold even though the table is warm. Yet when I hold it for a few seconds it becomes lukewarm again. It's really intriguing. It's not even uncomfortably warm, kind of a pleasant one. I can only guess that it's because the Djinn inside is cold when it feels lonely, but warm when it's in my hand.
Bolded the applicable from you. It sounds like you already are receiving those emotional impressions--if that's your gut feeling, then yes, that's most likely what it is. She probably wants you to hold her vessel more often.

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:Depends. If it's burning hot, or tingles to the point of pain, that's generally a "stop doing that" or "I don't like that" sign. Ask me how I know... :lol:

Bolded the applicable from you. It sounds like you already are receiving those emotional impressions--if that's your gut feeling, then yes, that's most likely what it is. She probably wants you to hold her vessel more often.
I see. Now that I think about it, when the weight shift happened, it was warm then too. Even now when I hold it I can feel along with warmth a sudden weigh down. Judging by those two alone it's almost like the vessel is leaning on me.

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Bit of an update. I ended up coming up with an idea that you all should try. Kind of an inspiration from the recommendations I received regarding music and what not. I realized much of the reason why the music or any audio for that matter had no effect on mine. We were supposed to listen/watch things together. But since I use headphones she couldn't hear what I was hearing so I hooked an extra pair up and made it so we both watch and or listen to things like songs and movies.

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor

AceOfSpades wrote:Bit of an update. I ended up coming up with an idea that you all should try. Kind of an inspiration from the recommendations I received regarding music and what not. I realized much of the reason why the music or any audio for that matter had no effect on mine. We were supposed to listen/watch things together. But since I use headphones she couldn't hear what I was hearing so I hooked an extra pair up and made it so we both watch and or listen to things like songs and movies.
Why not just invite her to share her perceptions with you? I can't take credit for the idea, one of the other CHers mentioned this to me in chat, but invite her to share your physical senses if and when she wants to experience what you are experiencing. That can include music, movies, food, taking a shower, art galleries, a walk in the park, going for a swim, whatever.

For safety's sake, just be sure to include a house rule of no complete possession or making you move your body in a way you don't want or intend to (unless it is done to protect you from danger, in which case, they are to immediately let go once the danger is past).

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

CrashingDown wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:Bit of an update. I ended up coming up with an idea that you all should try. Kind of an inspiration from the recommendations I received regarding music and what not. I realized much of the reason why the music or any audio for that matter had no effect on mine. We were supposed to listen/watch things together. But since I use headphones she couldn't hear what I was hearing so I hooked an extra pair up and made it so we both watch and or listen to things like songs and movies.
Why not just invite her to share her perceptions with you? I can't take credit for the idea, one of the other CHers mentioned this to me in chat, but invite her to share your physical senses if and when she wants to experience what you are experiencing. That can include music, movies, food, taking a shower, art galleries, a walk in the park, going for a swim, whatever.

For safety's sake, just be sure to include a house rule of no complete possession or making you move your body in a way you don't want or intend to (unless it is done to protect you from danger, in which case, they are to immediately let go once the danger is past).
It's not a bad idea, but I don't think I should do that. Nothing personal to anyone who's done it in the past, but I seen what would happen to someone who channels spirits that way. While not all spirits are like that, I had the rotten luck of seeing both examples a Malevolent and a Benevolent and while the former was way worse, the benevolent didn't come off as pleasant to me.

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Bit of an update. After doing what I said I did, I decided to test my theory out. Here's what I did in great detail:
1. I rigged it so that two headphones were playing the same outgoing sound. One set was for me and the other I placed around my vessel. So that we both could hear and see what was going on depending on what movie, music or show we watched.
2. To test it out I put a horror movie on. Nothing fancy, just the 1990 version of Stephen King's It.
3. In about an hour of watching the movie, I felt strange sensations. Like pins and needles going all through my head and body. I seen this movie a lot so it wouldn't be my reaction to it.

I may be guessing at this point but I seem to be feeling her reaction through me.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”