Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Inedible wrote:
Samsara wrote: I leave you with a metaphor. Just because someone says they can "control" a car, does not mean they can stop any car barreling down the highway about to run over a dog.
If I say I can control a car, it is because I am driving it. It doesn't mean that I am driving every car on the road. But you must get my point. When I drive, I use my actual hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road. It isn't about using magic or spells or Spirits. To borrow your metaphor, go full speed down the highway and into traffic. Then ask your Spirits to take over the car and get in the back seat. Maybe have a couple of drinks while they get you safely to your destination. If you succeed, I will think it possible that you might have a chance controlling a hurricane.

But seriously. I just want people to stop pretending they can do things they can't. And talking about if it is right to do something implies that it can be done.
LOL. I had a hard time following that.

I take it you have no experience in weather magick. You kind of have to dabble to know what to expect. Yes magick is not so conveniently instant like a man made car. Performing weather "magick" is not a hands on type of thing the way a car is. But what I was trying to illustrate is when someones says or implies they can control the elements they do not control it every time under any circumstance. For instance, maybe I believe I can make it (wish for it) to rain, it doesn't mean I can stop a drunk driver (aka hurricane) the size of a state from stopping it's path of destruction. What I can "hope" for is it weakens by the time it reaches my friends.

Yes magick not as instant as technology. It's more like baking a cake. We sometimes bake a cake that rises to the occasions perfectly, and we sometimes bake a cake that explodes...lol.

The wind does not come out of me, for instance, when I shift my hands to the left or right. What it is, though is me or others sending an intention into the universe. When we first dabble we think of things. Sometimes what we think happens, sometimes what we think doesn't. Sometimes our attitude is focused and serious, sometimes we're mucking around. While other times we are so desperate we can't even focus on anything except the worst case scenario. We eventually get what we are most emotionally focused on. As we progress, we observe, it's not just enough to think about something, after all we have 100+ thoughts wandering through our minds. "Possible. Not possible. Yes. No. OMG. What a joke. No wait." You get the idea.

Then we start to observe our dreams. What happens there may or may not happen in the real world. And then we start to focus on the astral. What happens there may or may not happen in the real world...until that strange thing calls time reaches it's requirements and boom....everything you saw in your head happens. That's the part that frustrates mny magicians...is the not knowing when your intention will unravel in the physical world. And when it does...as a cruel joke...only you will know it happened the way you saw it would happen with no one to witness it.

Well obviously we can never convince anyone with no experience that any observation can be true. We can only hope one day that a tiny spark will encourage them to try it too. To witness for themselves.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

The car thing was your idea.

The thread is about redirecting hurricanes. With magic. About if it should be done or not. There were millions of people in Florida who strongly wanted Irma to go somewhere else and it didn't happen.

If you had said that you could make a cloud or two break up or combine, I would believe you. If you had said that you checked the weather and saw it was going to rain, but you caused it to rain a bit later so you could arrive at your destination without getting rained on, that would be reasonable. Small scale weather patterns that most people aren't thinking much about - ones that don't make the news - would be much easier to influence. At most, though, it would be a small change. And if you don't get what you want, it didn't work. If you get something that you don't want later on, it didn't work.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Inedible wrote:The car thing was your idea.

The thread is about redirecting hurricanes. With magic. About if it should be done or not. There were millions of people in Florida who strongly wanted Irma to go somewhere else and it didn't happen.

If you had said that you could make a cloud or two break up or combine, I would believe you. If you had said that you checked the weather and saw it was going to rain, but you caused it to rain a bit later so you could arrive at your destination without getting rained on, that would be reasonable. Small scale weather patterns that most people aren't thinking much about - ones that don't make the news - would be much easier to influence. At most, though, it would be a small change. And if you don't get what you want, it didn't work. If you get something that you don't want later on, it didn't work.
Millions of people were also in a panic and expected it to happen. There has always been that metaphysical argument of what you want vs what you expect. I can't drill this point home enough. "While other times we are so desperate we can't even focus on anything except the worst case scenario. We eventually get what we are most emotionally focused on." Just because we think or want something doesn't make it so. Internal conflict has always screwed people. Self doubt is a killer. Breaking up a cloud is easy, because your not in a panic. You mind isn't struggling with internal conflict.

When I make it rain, I sometimes check to make sure it's not going to rain. Here is an image saying there was zero percent chance rain. On this day I meditated for it to rain. This is time stamped in 2013 on my private facebook. I've been doing this any chance I've gotten.

There are two photos one where it was raining and one where it said there was zero chance.
https://plus.google.com/u/1/collection/wggqTE

Grand scale weather control is an interesting thought. Am I at that level. LOL it's only been 4 years since I discovered this. Maybe in my 70's with a group of millions of viewers.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

If anyone can be wrong as often as the weather people and still keep their jobs, I want to know about it. Just this year alone, I have gone out plenty of days with 0% chance of rain and gotten soaked.

As long as I don't have a bad day, I don't care about the weather. Getting soaked through or falling on ice on my way to work is bad. Even then, I wouldn't think to try anything other than conventional. If I couldn't take a bus or a taxi I would just go get wet. The closest I would come to changing the weather is just plain asking if it would be possible to have the rain after I get where I am going. Sometimes it even happens, but I don't think I did it.

Even a normal hurricane has the energy output of thousands of h-bombs. They are designed to drive vast quantities of heat away from the equator. It doesn't make sense to even talk about changing things on this scale with magic.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Perhaps those days the weatherman was wrong was because someone like myself had other intentions. Some knowing. Some unknowing. Everytime I heard someone say how wrong the science was, it was a secret delight for me. Because I was practicing some meditations. Coincidence? But then again we see what we are ready to see. I hear people block out proof or find ways to fit an explaination to fit their model of reality. To each his own.

But there was one time someone said it would take an act of God for it to rain in this one particular desert raceway. Well it rained thundered and hailed. It has been a joke since, because no one in my real offline world can admit they believe. But it rains on them everytime they visit me. I believe its because they think of rain around me, because the years prior it did not rain for a long time.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I work with my spirit family's "Weather Team" to hold off the rain/snow during my commute. It isn't asking anything unreasonable of Mother Nature to temporarily stop precipitation. But I don't do things like attempt to generate rain from blue skies, or blue skies from an overcast day. Weather magick is closely related to Sea/Water Magick, for which I have an affinity, so it's a good fit for me.

My advice to anyone who has interest in influencing weather is to read up on meteorology. Learning how weather systems move and work will allow a person to work WITH nature to accomplish goals. That's far easier than trying to rewrite the laws of physics in pursuit of a goal.

Case in point: when Harvey stopped for days over Houston, it was explained that usually, hurricane systems are moved by the jet stream. But the jet stream was nowhere near Texas at the time, so nothing was propelling Harvey anywhere. So it just sat for days.

Going by that, a person who wants to propel the current hurricane threat, Maria, away from land might want to check on what the jet stream is doing, as well as where the existing high and low pressure systems are near Maria's projected path. Nudging those into the right alignment will help create a less-dangerous track for Maria to follow, and it might be less cumbersome than trying to push or pull the actual hurricane system around.

My 2¢. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The hurricanes are happening almost perfectly at the same time these reckless decisions by leaders are being made/considered, if you know who decides to start a war. It will pull the other two big powers(Who are now also considering intervening against them doing that if its started incase of anything) in. Do you think it has anything to do with as to why?

I am only saying this because the risk of war is growing closer just tbh.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

ServantofJustice wrote:The hurricanes are happening almost perfectly at the same time these reckless decisions by leaders are being made/considered, if you know who decides to start a war. It will pull the other two big powers(Who are now also considering intervening against them doing that if its started incase of anything) in. Do you think it has anything to do with as to why?

I am only saying this because the risk of war is growing closer just tbh.
I don't remember which video I saw, but it was about Kim Young Il who believes himself to be able to control the rain just by thinking it. Now that he is passed away, I'm pretty sure in their lineage someone knows weather magic, or is guided by magicians.

It is believed many who rise to power use magic to protect themselves, win wars, etc. While in the west it may sound absurd to the majority, it is totally acceptable to believe in this stuff in the east.

Before you jump to conclusion it is a God punishing us...maybe...just maybe it is a person or many people with a collective intent.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

If you really believe that you can use magic on the scale required to change a natural disaster, why wait? More and more people are choosing to live in parts of the world which are going to be targeted in the future. It isn't just hurricanes; earthquakes, volcanoes, mudslides, and forest fires are coming soon. Rising sea levels are coming later. Even if it isn't possible to change nature, maybe you can get populations to shift away from areas which are going to be hit hard. Maybe people could choose to just visit instead.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Inedible wrote:If you really believe that you can use magic on the scale required to change a natural disaster, why wait? More and more people are choosing to live in parts of the world which are going to be targeted in the future. It isn't just hurricanes; earthquakes, volcanoes, mudslides, and forest fires are coming soon. Rising sea levels are coming later. Even if it isn't possible to change nature, maybe you can get populations to shift away from areas which are going to be hit hard. Maybe people could choose to just visit instead.
I believe it can be done, but it is not a one person effort. Two, this may be how the earth re-calibrates or find balance for all things that we threw out of balance, like air and ocean pollution, nuclear testing and fracking hitting fault lines, deforestation, or destruction of sacred burial grounds. The exact cause I don't know. But any of the things I listed can bring imbalance, and when mother nature is chaotic, It's like a sickness that is in the process of being healed. When you get the flu, you are often sick like a dog spewing things that don't sit well out of you, if you don't spew it out, you will stay sick. The earth perhaps is no different.

Third it needs to be asked, simply to bring awareness. You know when Hurricane Harvey hit, I was oblivious because I was on vacation. When Irma hit the islands I was still oblivious, not quite understanding or aware of the level of destruction. But in Florida, I had friends that I was concerned about, it's easier to wish for their safety than to make a hurricane disappear, because there is probably too many intentions to put it in motions. I'm doubtful any magician can make a hurricane appear in an hour. It takes me about 24-72 hours to see rain. 72 if I am really weak and unfocused but one time it did appear in hours.

So I had two friends that were in the direct path. By the time it reached it was still furious but lessened from a Cat 5 to a Cat 2-1. In magnitude, a Cat 5 is 500x more powerful than a Cat 1. Neither of them evacuated, and they chose to stay. However, I am not saying it was me who made it slow down. But the thought did cross my mind when I was reading the OP's cry for help, as it did with many other readers here, who are connected with the elements but have not realized it yet.

Obviously mother nature is not done with us. And we are not aware of all disasters all the time. We may not have loved ones in those disaster area. And because of that it's more difficult to connect emotionally to the storm to know what to do with it.

Cross intention is a bizotch. It would be great if I were the only one sending my intentions into the world. All my spells would work. But sometimes others are more powerful or desperate than me.
Finally, I don't own a storm demon to make him stop. Whoever owned that one...maybe the answer.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”