You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 324
Spelled Number: 49
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Summer Starz
Zodiac:

CAN ANYONE HELP E AND MY SPIRITS OUT BY TASKING ANY THE HAVE ELEMENT CONTROL OR CONTROL OVER THE WEATHER WITH STOPPING THE STORMS CURRENTLY HEADED FOR US? I LIVE IN LAKE CITY, FL AND IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Family of 280
I have walked the paths of time but have never found a soul that shines as bright as yours
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

A Spirit can't even make ice in your freezer. If you aren't going to evacuate, be sure you have a good plan for waiting it out.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:A Spirit can't even make ice in your freezer. If you aren't going to evacuate, be sure you have a good plan for waiting it out.
THIS. SO MUCH THIS!

Also... if you're going to try your hand at any weather magick, or request your spirits/entities do any... please remember chaos theory and the butterfly effect.

I used to live in Northern California - Redding, specifically. (Moderator note - I do not live in that state anymore, please don't delete this.)

There were a whole bunch of practitioners there who were just total idiots about chaos theory and the butterfly effect. I once watched a storm literally be batted all over the freaking town before it was finally sent away. After that, we had nearly four years of drought, and when the next real storm hit, it was so violent the sky turned BLACK at midday. Seriously... do not mess with the weather.

Especially not now, when due to climate change, our weather is so much more unstable and more likely to become violent.

Here's the thing. Energy cannot be created or destroyed... so when you impact the weather, even in a small way, you are not destroying energy, you have MOVED it.

This can mean that if you prevent a storm from happening, somewhere else floods. It also means you will interrupt your area's weather patterns, and depending on how strong the effect you create, it could impact them for decades.

I'm really not joking about this... I have ACTUALLLY SEEN THIS HAPPEN.

PLEASE DO NOT DO WEATHER MAGICK UNLESS YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND THE THEORIES THAT IMPACT IT

-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Actually you could shift course. If two hurricanes merge, it will change course. Though what is set in motion is set in motion, and it would take a lot of intentions to move it. Stopping it on the other hand is too late. The best you can hope for is for it to weaken significantly.

Right now it is starting to weaken, though still dangerous. Here's hoping for your safety. All other requests are in the hands of God.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I don't think you read my entire post. I showed personal history of observing people just MOVING the weather, and how disastrous THAT was.

I'm glad it's calming down. I'm still concerned for the people being impacted, still keeping up with the news. Still hoping everything turns out ok.

I'm also worried about the two behind it, which seem to be following the same path.

Madre dios, what a mess. :(

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

This can mean that if you prevent a storm from happening, somewhere else floods. It also means you will interrupt your area's weather patterns, and depending on how strong the effect you create, it could impact them for decades.

I'm really not joking about this... I have ACTUALLLY SEEN THIS HAPPEN.

PLEASE DO NOT DO WEATHER MAGICK UNLESS YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND THE THEORIES THAT IMPACT
Yup....undoing it could take another decade. But the thing is our ancestors were performing weather magic, who to say we didn't inherit their contributions.

Who's to say when Moses parted the ocean, and brought natural disasters to his enemies didn't begin all this chaos.

Though my biggest concern is the hurricane is moving in a predictable path and those people in that path had a chance to evacuate. If it changes course, those caught by surprise will die. Even if a practitioner could...they should really think about it.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Jesus Christ, it sucked the water out of the ocean! So this was what it was like when Moses parted the ocean.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/cap ... ef44cd1233

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

I think the best way to use your spirits is asking them to protect you and your loved ones from getting hurt but the hurricane <3
I'm only in Belgium, but one of my close friends is living in Tampa, Florida. So when I heard about the hurricanes coming her way, I tasked my spirits to keep her out of harms way. I'm following every new article from CNN as well. It seems she escaped the big hit, as she evacuated to Orlando with her family ( at first her family didn't want to evacuate, and as she is only 19, she is still living at home. But then her mother decided to flee to Orlando with the children, but her father still stayed in Tampa with the pets... and next thing, the father followed them with the pets to Orlando). So maybe it's because of my spirits, or maybe because of my prayers to God, but anyways, I'm already very happy that the Hurricane Irma went to category 1-2 for hitting Tampa, and Jose made a walk over the Atlantic.

Hopefully all crew members of Creepy Hollows and their families will also be spared from getting hurt psychically by Irma. But for some reason Irma did make a change in course, to go to the West of Florida instead of hitting the East. ( for some reason I'm thinking a lot of spirits went over to push Irma away so DFL post office wasn't hit by the eye of Irma). Now hopefully the people of Georgia will be safe as well.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

Samsara wrote:Jesus Christ, it sucked the water out of the ocean! So this was what it was like when Moses parted the ocean.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/cap ... ef44cd1233
So scary... wow, this is awful. :(

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Fireshadow wrote:I think the best way to use your spirits is asking them to protect you and your loved ones from getting hurt but the hurricane <3
I'm only in Belgium, but one of my close friends is living in Tampa, Florida. So when I heard about the hurricanes coming her way, I tasked my spirits to keep her out of harms way. I'm following every new article from CNN as well. It seems she escaped the big hit, as she evacuated to Orlando with her family ( at first her family didn't want to evacuate, and as she is only 19, she is still living at home. But then her mother decided to flee to Orlando with the children, but her father still stayed in Tampa with the pets... and next thing, the father followed them with the pets to Orlando). So maybe it's because of my spirits, or maybe because of my prayers to God, but anyways, I'm already very happy that the Hurricane Irma went to category 1-2 for hitting Tampa, and Jose made a walk over the Atlantic.

Hopefully all crew members of Creepy Hollows and their families will also be spared from getting hurt psychically by Irma. But for some reason Irma did make a change in course, to go to the West of Florida instead of hitting the East. ( for some reason I'm thinking a lot of spirits went over to push Irma away so DFL post office wasn't hit by the eye of Irma). Now hopefully the people of Georgia will be safe as well.
I saw that Tampa was spared. However, it changed course and went directly to Orlando.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-update ... story.html

I haven't heard from my friend that is in Orlando. Hopefully his battery is out and nothing more. The storm did weaken from a 5 to 1 so that is a win. And even though 5 people died in Florida out of the hole storm, considering the size of the hurricane, count our blessings.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”