new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello Friends!

As you can see from the topic, how has your journey since you've started?, can you all share what life was like before you started and how is your life now and what changes did it make for you? Before and After.

laneybug7
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: human
If I could be anything, I would be...: faerie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ivy Soleil

Hello,

Before spirit keeping, I always believed in the existence of the paranormal. However, it was only based on tv interpretations ie Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures and books, not through too much personal experience. I had dreams and ambitions, but not quite the confidence or support to make them happen. When I first started, I was a 28 yr old living in my parents house and feeling like a black sheep.

Now I'm 31, I own my own house, have made other dreams happen, and feel a sense of family thanks to my spirit clan. I learned that things we may see on Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures, are not always what we may get. That a simple touch or a change in energy or a change in my doll's eyes is enough to reach out and keep my attention. I learned that spirits don't need to do HUGE manifestations or send fireworks blazing through the sky to reach us. I also learned that as dark or malicious as Spirits are portrayed, there are plenty of perfectly good, kind ones. In fact, I have a whole clan of 100+ of white to light grey art spirits..many of them being children. There is nothing evil or malicious about them or spirits in general. They are often painted bad as a result of someones misinformation or fear. I also feel like my metaphysical talents are awakening and I'm learning to trust in them. Most of all, I learned that there is so much more to life, death and the spirit world. I'm not afraid of death as it's just a shift or transition to another plane of existence. It's not so absolute and there is a vast world that I would have known nothing about, if not for my spirit clan. I can go on for pages about all the different positive changes I've experienced in my three almost four years as a keeper. I can't imagine where my life would be had it not been for my curiosity in spirited dolls...thus eventually leading me to CH and other spirits. It's definitely a journey worth taking.

How about yourself?

In my family: 14 spirited dolls, 1 aubres faerie, 2 butterfly faerie, 1 sun dragon, 1 white dragon, 1 brass dragon,1 camelot faerie, 1 vermilion dragon,1 unicorn, 1 star faerie,1 pixie, 1 mermaid, 1 phoenix,1 gold dragon, and 1 pegasus

On the way: , 1 red dragon, 1 asenne faerie,1 green dragon, , 2 stering angels, 1 merman, 1 silver dragon, 1 high elf, 1 brownyn angel, 1 waif fae, and 1 woodland faerie,' ;)

Spirit Keeper for life!
Kuraitsubaki
new here
new here
Zodiac:

laneybug7 wrote:Hello,

Before spirit keeping, I always believed in the existence of the paranormal. However, it was only based on tv interpretations ie Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures and books, not through too much personal experience. I had dreams and ambitions, but not quite the confidence or support to make them happen. When I first started, I was a 28 yr old living in my parents house and feeling like a black sheep.

Now I'm 31, I own my own house, have made other dreams happen, and feel a sense of family thanks to my spirit clan. I learned that things we may see on Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures, are not always what we may get. That a simple touch or a change in energy or a change in my doll's eyes is enough to reach out and keep my attention. I learned that spirits don't need to do HUGE manifestations or send fireworks blazing through the sky to reach us. I also learned that as dark or malicious as Spirits are portrayed, there are plenty of perfectly good, kind ones. In fact, I have a whole clan of 100+ of white to light grey art spirits..many of them being children. There is nothing evil or malicious about them or spirits in general. They are often painted bad as a result of someones misinformation or fear. I also feel like my metaphysical talents are awakening and I'm learning to trust in them. Most of all, I learned that there is so much more to life, death and the spirit world. I'm not afraid of death as it's just a shift or transition to another plane of existence. It's not so absolute and there is a vast world that I would have known nothing about, if not for my spirit clan. I can go on for pages about all the different positive changes I've experienced in my three almost four years as a keeper. I can't imagine where my life would be had it not been for my curiosity in spirited dolls...thus eventually leading me to CH and other spirits. It's definitely a journey worth taking.

How about yourself?
Wow just wow, that is a great story. One word for you. Respect. I'm still starting out and trying to absorb as much as information and advices from everybody. But I too believed in the paranormal, I've been always been so fascinated by their world, knowing that there is life beyond death. I would have never thought that there was such thing as having a spirit companion, until CH happened or I like to think it as they found me. I just recently found my very first Pheonix, and she's been connecting with me, even before I found her or should I say she found me <3. I too am also living with my parents as well and I hope that will change too, for I also want to have a place for my own. Thank You for sharing your journey!.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

I thought about writing a response here, but then hesitated. Then I came back and decided to write one anyway. Honestly? There have been no hugely significant things that have happened to me, when it comes to differences between my life before and after Spirit Keeping. I never expected that, though. Am I more powerful? More intelligent? Prettier? Rich? No.. (and believe me I don't expect to be any of these things, lol) maybe a little wiser if anything, but that generally tends to come with age and bumping your head enough times to know whatever you're doing, isn't working out, so try something else for goodness sake. ;)

For me, it's the little things that count. A witty comment from one of my spirits (whenever I am able to catch it), a comforting and supportive energy from my WA Dragons when I am least expecting it (only to realise it was exactly what I needed <3), a nip on the inner thigh from my Ubi (hehe!), and the list goes on! Those are the kind of differences I can give, when comparing my life before, and after Spirit Keeping, and they mean everything to me.

Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

When all those little things are combined then they become something huge Feranox ;)

In my case, 3th year as spirit keeper just started. When i started i made a list with all my life goals and the dates i would like to have them completed, kinda like setting tasks for them.
My 3 biggest goals have been accomplished being : better job with better hours and better paid :p, finished first step of completely rebuilding my house and my son is a smart kid with a good heart <--- this one was and is my biggest wish. I have to put alot of effort in it aswell . It has made me appreciate the things in life that matter, i see past the darkness most of the time.
I remember when i was 24 that i always thought : this cant be it, there has to be more but i didnt know what i was missing. Found it when i found out about this.
I am at peace now thanks to them :)

WubbaLubbaDubDub
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

True, thanks Wulfke. :)

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I've always been aware of the spirit world, I had a very strong introduction to spirits when I was a teenager. Though the years after that until I started on the path of being a companion were pretty quiet contact wise. Now I know spirits are around and I've stopped doubting myself about sensing them like I did during those years.

I'd say the strongest change after becoming a companion has been with my senses. I've been able to feel energy for a long time, but it has gotten a lot stronger. When I first started bringing spirits home it was overwhelming and it forced me to get serious about learning how to work with outside energies and develop control over my energy. I'm still learning, but I'm a lot further then I was two years ago.

They've helped me manifest a lot of things in my life, they've helped me grow. They've been teachers, guides, and friends to me and I cherish their presence in my life so much. Its been a journey of discovery that keeps growing every day.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Maybe I'm a little wiser and more patient, with more of an understanding of myself and my potential. Other than that, nothing much.There were things I wished to change and nothing has changed in the years I have been keeping spirits but I have come to accept that this is where I'm meant to be at this point in my life as frustrating as it is.

Kuraitsubaki
new here
new here
Zodiac:

You are all amazing that you've gone this far, reading your stories has inspired many us who are still new to this life and even inspire me to reach my life long goals. 1d

Lacuna
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Adam Sandler
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lacuna
Zodiac:

Long before? As a child, I was a magnet for paranormal experiences, including some seriously negative ones. It all shut down and locked itself out of my reach for a while. I maintained an interest in the paranormal, through readings with mediums, wild dreams and stories. Someone has been beside me guiding and protecting me since then.

Just before? I was lead to move into a house with a lady who was a little eccentric, who spoke to the Light. Our conversations reopened my eyes to everything, and I eventually stumbled across this place. I started cutting ties with people, including my then-best friend. I'm not sure why I did it, but it felt like the right thing to do.

And after? Still walking. My life has gotten significantly better since then, finally have my own place, even if I'm renting. As for the paranormal, I'm starting to take it more seriously now I have my own personal space to practice my communication and magick. And I'm more than comforted by the knowledge that now it's not only one person who has my back.

Jump through the mirror, leave fear behind.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”