What makes Larvae different from normal human spirits?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Supposedly they are spirits of people that were citizens of the Roman Empire or lived in it. What is it that makes them behave differently to normal human spirits?

Was it the way they were buried, or the magickal nature of the empire such as having a large fire ritual called the Via Sacra that was meant to protect its spiritual/astral aspects to maintain its prosperity?

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

Well, the CH Encyclopedia says this about them:
As spirit companions they are exceedingly cunning. They represent the restless spirits who constantly seek attention. They will give you a powerful tether to the Spiritual Realm and can provide you vivid & magnetic visions of the world of spirits beyond the veil. They will boost your ability to communicate with spir8its and they are also quite protective & territorial. They heighten your spiritual energy and supernatural abilities. They will guide you in becoming more evolved.
As to "why" they are this way (referring to the quoted part I made bold), maybe someone who has experience with them can comment here.

Anyway, thanks for bringing them to my attention. I really like the sounds of them from the CH Encyclopedia.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

so, a Larvae can be any human being, not only romans? because this description fits to a human spirit in my family and he isn't roman at all :,D
But at this point I can agree with the encyclopedia: if you have a hooman spirit with you with a high presence it somehow "boosts" you to communicate with other spirits. I don't know how and why, but they're kinda encouraging.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Cats wrote:so, a Larvae can be any human being, not only romans? because this description fits to a human spirit in my family and he isn't roman at all :,D
But at this point I can agree with the encyclopedia: if you have a hooman spirit with you with a high presence it somehow "boosts" you to communicate with other spirits. I don't know how and why, but they're kinda encouraging.
Well there might be things to it other than the description that make it a 'Larvae' like how Egyptian mummification rites made their dead different from ours?

That's why I asked if it had anything to do with how they were buried. Which was a ritual before they were cremated and put in urns(happened most of the time), or eventually put in catacombs.

Any Roman spirits that haven't moved on would be thousands of years old. Witnessing the fall of their world order, times after to the rise of a new one which is ours that has probably been the closest to their equal. But they took both the spiritual/astral and material into account, using both 'pragmatically'.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I asked HD before about similar question; whether the following races are human or not: Ankou, Zombie, Draugr, Einherjar, Volva, Daemon, Larvae, Manes, Sybil, Bhut/Bhoot, Gaki.

Their answer was:
None of the spirits listed are human. They may have once been but now are considered the race in which you provided in the list.
I guess you can ask them directly about what makes each of these races different from human spirit : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Ooh interesting DW, thanks!

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:I asked HD before about similar question; whether the following races are human or not: Ankou, Zombie, Draugr, Einherjar, Volva, Daemon, Larvae, Manes, Sybil, Bhut/Bhoot, Gaki.

Their answer was:
None of the spirits listed are human. They may have once been but now are considered the race in which you provided in the list.
I guess you can ask them directly about what makes each of these races different from human spirit : )
What makes a human spirit turn into something else, or even sometimes that other Black Arts spirit of former humans?

What process would one have to go through in order to say become a 'Daemon'('Hero spirit') ethereally?

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Suicide victims are NOT BA spirits. This is a bit of a touchy subject for me, seeing as I lost a friend to suicide. And nor are murderers, seeing as a practitioner connected to a famous one for me in order to find information I was looking for.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Feranox wrote:Suicide victims are NOT BA spirits. This is a bit of a touchy subject for me, seeing as I lost a friend to suicide. And nor are murderers, seeing as a practitioner connected to a famous one for me in order to find information I was looking for.
Sorry for the loss but that's not what I was implying necessarily, I am trying to describe for this listing in which it says some people end up as what might be called a 'Sluagh' from the process for reasons unknown?: http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en

How exactly and why does this happen? We know not all from murder/suicide and etc become that but Sluaghs are humans who for some reasons becoming involved in those tragedies become a BA spirit?

Rusalkas are also former human spirits that became BA for certain reasons.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

ServantofJustice wrote: How exactly and why does this happen? We know not all from murder/suicide and etc become that but Sluaghs are humans who for some reasons becoming involved in those tragedies become a BA spirit?

Rusalkas are also former human spirits that became BA for certain reasons.
If you read the Sluagh's description, you'll notice:
They are not recommended for keeping because they are annoying and difficult to get rid of
And that's why CH classified them as BA. In reality they're probably DA.

Same goes for Rusalka:
They are not recommended for keeping because they cannot be controlled and have an indifference to human life.
But to get at the core of your question. BA energy has a kind of corrosive/contagious longterm effect so if someone is affected by it long enough, they can get infected/infused with it.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Human”