How does one switch off the 'analyzing/overthink' part of your head?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:
darkwing wrote:Mm from Zen meditation, we basically repeat the off switching as many times as we need until we get used to it : )
But tbh what happens if instead of overthinking half the time it could actually be 'ego' based feeling? Own emotions in own head, desires and impulses. A person who is an 'ego based' feeler puts their feelings above others'. Versus external feeling which is ability to feel surroundings, others and not put your own feelings/desires first.
You can start analyzing it after 3 months of daily 1-hour Zen meditation. Usually 3 months (or 100 days if you prefer) should give you a clear enough mind to see the differences : )
From my experience my 'ego' based emotions are tremendously powerful, but also emotionally fragile in some situations. When I've tried to communicate I've often noticed what may be personal feelings or ego sometimes.

So that being said also if I had the power for example I would ban everything on social media that offended, is against how I feel about things or hurts me so I can have harmony. Or remove all other potential adversity and sources of disharmony to have complete peace? Let's say in a scenario if there were no laws limiting what you could do in this realm, I would want to reside in a highly thick and impenetrable safe space in a 'fortress' surrounded by a freezing icy lake or snow if you get the point I'm trying to make by saying this.

A few people who have prowess in spirituality said that they saw my heart chakra is 'weak' and very emotionally sensitive.

I acted fairly rash from time to time until I suppressed my shadow self because I disliked getting into disharmony.

A past life reading I got essentially also told me that my old self(see the forum post on readings section) was a sensitive person and impulsive. Always seeking out knowledge, not settling down on one task and acted kind of rash from time to time the reading said. 'They' contacted both light/dark spirits though.

This current me ever since alive is more cautious when it perceives some direct danger. The reason I might have put a limit on my shadow self was to prevent 'me' from becoming too careless about safety btw.

That being said I'm slowing down to look for a more safe approach to that other goal of gaining an ability that will counter balance my physical one.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:From my experience my 'ego' based emotions are tremendously powerful, but also emotionally fragile in some situations. When I've tried to communicate I've often noticed what may be personal feelings or ego sometimes.

So that being said also if I had the power for example I would ban everything on social media that offended, is against how I feel about things or hurts me so I can have harmony. Or remove all other potential adversity and sources of disharmony to have complete peace? Let's say in a scenario if there were no laws limiting what you could do in this realm, I would want to reside in a highly thick and impenetrable safe space in a 'fortress' surrounded by a freezing icy lake or snow if you get the point I'm trying to make by saying this.

A few people who have prowess in spirituality said that they saw my heart chakra is 'weak' and very emotionally sensitive.

I acted fairly rash from time to time until I suppressed my shadow self because I disliked getting into disharmony.

A past life reading I got essentially also told me that my old self(see the forum post on readings section) was a sensitive person and impulsive. Always seeking out knowledge, not settling down on one task and acted kind of rash from time to time the reading said. 'They' contacted both light/dark spirits though.

This current me ever since alive is more cautious when it perceives some direct danger. The reason I might have put a limit on my shadow self was to prevent 'me' from becoming too careless about safety btw.

That being said I'm slowing down to look for a more safe approach to that other goal of gaining an ability that will counter balance my physical one.
Rather than digressing the topic, I will repeat this:
darkwing wrote: You can start analyzing it after 3 months of daily 1-hour Zen meditation. Usually 3 months (or 100 days if you prefer) should give you a clear enough mind to see the differences
You can start the 3-month session from today or tomorrow, and return to this topic after 3 months : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:From my experience my 'ego' based emotions are tremendously powerful, but also emotionally fragile in some situations. When I've tried to communicate I've often noticed what may be personal feelings or ego sometimes.

Rather than digressing the topic, I will repeat this:
darkwing wrote: You can start analyzing it after 3 months of daily 1-hour Zen meditation. Usually 3 months (or 100 days if you prefer) should give you a clear enough mind to see the differences
You can start the 3-month session from today or tomorrow, and return to this topic after 3 months : )
I'm getting onto doing that but was providing those for context, can you change positions if uncomfortable and what happens if you ever need to answer a phone call?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:I'm getting onto doing that but was providing those for context, can you change positions if uncomfortable and what happens if you ever need to answer a phone call?
Feeling uncomfortable can be caused by several factors:
-incorrect posture, thus need to find the posture suitable for you
-tensed body, thus need to keep relaxing the body while maintaining awareness
-unrest mind, thus need to focus more on relaxing the body and counting the breath
-not used to it, thus repetition is necessary and don't forget to stretch
-actual physical problem, thus need to be consulted with your physician.

Make sure there's no external disturbance during meditation. Turn off all electronics if necessary except the alarm clock, even the lamp if possible (we can use candles).

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

There is no "switch". It didn't abruptly begin; it is a habit that has been built up over years. It can't, and won't, switch off like a light bulb.

The habit that was learned over time, must be unlearned over time. This is probably impacting all areas of life by now, muggle and metaphysical alike, so seeing a muggle counselor will get the retraining job done more quickly and with fewer pitfalls.

We can try to retrain ourselves sans guidance; however, not only will the process be much slower, but in this case the whole issue with self-doubt and fear-based second-guessing will cause the process to take far longer.

This is not a chakra issue. This is not a "solve it instantly" issue, not even via spell or pact. This is an "unlearn the habit that no longer serves your needs, and build a new habit to replace it" issue, and that takes time and effort. Working with someone who is trained to guide others through that very process will get you to your goal sooner than any solo effort, and more surely any discussion forum thread can accomplish.

Are you still in school at all? What services do they offer for students needing guidance? If it's a brick-and-mortar institution, and not online classes, they probably have help for students seeking counseling, and/or the ability to help students track down such services elsewhere. If you're not in school, sit down with your family doctor and let him/her point you toward the kind of services you need.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:I'm getting onto doing that but was providing those for context, can you change positions if uncomfortable and what happens if you ever need to answer a phone call?
Feeling uncomfortable can be caused by several factors:
-incorrect posture, thus need to find the posture suitable for you
-unrest mind, thus need to focus more on relaxing the body and counting the breath
-actual physical problem, thus need to be consulted with your physician.

Make sure there's no external disturbance during meditation. Turn off all electronics if necessary except the alarm clock, even the lamp if possible (we can use candles).
If I do get disrupted what to do? And I also live on a flat next to a crossroad for energy detail, there's some noise but minimum.

Counting breaths if you meant literally might be a form of thought so I avoid it?

Good way to tell it seems is when I am feeling tense sometimes my chest and breathing feel tightened.

What I was mainly talking about is what if you lose balance from having nothing supporting your back, or crossing your legs makes you feel tired?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:If I do get disrupted what to do? And I also live on a flat next to a crossroad for energy detail, there's some noise but minimum.
When we get disrupted, restart from relaxing the body, calming the mind, and restart the breath counting from 1.
ServantofJustice wrote: Counting breaths if you meant literally might be a form of thought so I avoid it?
Nope, literal counting breath. Long inhale, long exhale, that's 1 count.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/monkeymind ... reath.html
http://www.zenseite.de/us/zen-training/ ... index.html
http://suzukiroshi.sfzc.org/dharma-talk ... /#more-962
ServantofJustice wrote: What I was mainly talking about is what if you lose balance from having nothing supporting your back, or crossing your legs makes you feel tired?
I'd repeat this:
darkwing wrote: -incorrect posture, thus need to find the posture suitable for you

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:There is no "switch". It didn't abruptly begin; it is a habit that has been built up over years. It can't, and won't, switch off like a light bulb.

The habit that was learned over time, must be unlearned over time. This is probably impacting all areas of life by now, muggle and metaphysical alike, so seeing a muggle counselor will get the retraining job done more quickly and with fewer pitfalls.

We can try to retrain ourselves sans guidance; however, not only will the process be much slower, but in this case the whole issue with self-doubt and fear-based second-guessing will cause the process to take far longer.

This is not a chakra issue. This is not a "solve it instantly" issue, not even via spell or pact. This is an "unlearn the habit that no longer serves your needs, and build a new habit to replace it" issue, and that takes time and effort. Working with someone who is trained to guide others through that very process will get you to your goal sooner than any solo effort, and more surely any discussion forum thread can accomplish.

Are you still in school at all? What services do they offer for students needing guidance? If it's a brick-and-mortar institution, and not online classes, they probably have help for students seeking counseling, and/or the ability to help students track down such services elsewhere. If you're not in school, sit down with your family doctor and let him/her point you toward the kind of services you need.
Nope not in a school and working on it as said but might not be exactly easy.

For the 'pact' idea(More like acquire something useful) its a standalone goal that's always been hanging around for some time, it isn't to 'instantly solve' it but more like it would be helpful in having this tool incase getting stuck. Plus the benefits that come along could help the current situation is all I said. But I have not decided to do it right away or anything, and instead leave it for later when there is a safe way to do it.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It's possible to time your sessions to be either before anyone else in the household awakes, or after they've all gone to sleep. When you're working on meditating, put your phone on "do not disturb" mode so it won't ring and interrupt you. If you have a landline that rings incessantly, that's even more reason to practice at an hour that's either early or late enough that calls won't be coming in. Or you can find a local library or park to have some quiet "me time" where no landlines or housemates will interrupt you. If traffic sounds are an issue, invest in earplugs.

Don't let perfectionism spoil your efforts before they've even begun. Unless you live in a monastery where everyone has taken a vow of silence, Stuff Happens sometimes. If external interruptions happen, just say "Oh, well" and consign it to the past without further consideration. If internal interruptions happen, let the stray thoughts pass right on through, giving them zero attention or energy.

Practice regularly.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Don't let perfectionism spoil your efforts before they've even begun. Unless you live in a monastery where everyone has taken a vow of silence, Stuff Happens sometimes. If external interruptions happen, just say "Oh, well" and consign it to the past without further consideration. If internal interruptions happen, let the stray thoughts pass right on through, giving them zero attention or energy.
Yep I noticed when I see thoughts or hear and see about things I don't like/are distressing. I attempt to 'fight' back against or swear them off, which makes them stronger because you are focusing on them when doing so I noticed. But if I don't let them have any effect on me they pass by.

Similarly to how in a verbal conflict you can react by saying stuff back until you win.

When I collect the pieces of my focus away from the past, future and the thing people call 'the realm of possibilities and ideas' to reassemble it in the present I find I am more likely to be able to use my 'mind's eye' more clearly. Though as said before some of the things from the heart chakra could be seeping in.

That being said something I would like to know is where does your astral self reside if your mind tries to 'run away' from having to deal with preset surroundings/situations for whatever reasons?

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”