How does one switch off the 'analyzing/overthink' part of your head?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Ryla Khepri wrote:Serv, this is not the first time something like this has come up. Last time I believe it was when you were reading a BA entry (could have been from the CH Encyclopedia or somewhere else can't remember). In general the chances are slim to none. But you seem to focus on such things, you focus on BA attacking you, so by doing this alone you are bound to attract it at some point. So yes, that in itself can make you an "ideal target".

Secondly, regarding this "low level demon" around you, you really need to get that verified by someone who is experienced aka a reputable practitioner. You cannot take the word of one of us (who are not practitioners) alone.

Side note, the seller in question does not sell true BA. They label it BA because it is very dark DA. BIG difference between BA and very dark DA.
You have a heck of a good memory. Here's the thread, as a refresher course:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic69677.html

And this concept has got me thinking about a new topic I want to post. But I will need time to compose it.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

But getting back on topic, are you supposed to meditate before trying to communicate and but if you block out emotions/thoughts doesn't it hinder it? Somebody explain how it goes please?

I have a wandering mind that is often away from 'the present moment', lurking in the past/future/all possible things that could happen and scenarios area. So not sure if this means that its wandering around in another place(that could possible be the astral), so if that's the case then can't you have your mind stay in it and try to invite beings in to communicate with you?

If you focus your mind on the present can it get you too grounded on the physical?

I hope I did not just create another block by wondering if meditating is supposed to get you to.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:But getting back on topic, are you supposed to meditate before trying to communicate and but if you block out emotions/thoughts doesn't it hinder it? Somebody explain how it goes please?
Do this experiment:
-repeat saying "my name is ServantofJustice" out loud all the time, do not stop it except when you breath.
-while still repeating it, talk to someone in real life about certain movies or video games.
-see how the communication goes, how much you understand what that person say, and how his/her reaction is.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:But getting back on topic, are you supposed to meditate before trying to communicate and but if you block out emotions/thoughts doesn't it hinder it? Somebody explain how it goes please?
Do this experiment:
-repeat saying "my name is ServantofJustice" out loud all the time, do not stop it except when you breath.
-while still repeating it, talk to someone in real life about certain movies or video games.
-see how the communication goes, how much you understand what that person say, and how his/her reaction is.
I thought it was that you needed to suppress and snuff out, prevent all emotion and any thinking of any kind from surfacing in any manner? Stop yourself from feeling/thinking anything and solely focus on the present? But found an article, I misinterpreted?

Some things I read said 'let your mind wander' and stuff so it was confusing until I asked.

In the past the method I used was to try and not think/feel at all which was difficult, as well as not move tongue, not swallowing or any limb slightly when I was attempting to follow an astral projection guide. I felt my back have heat build up and lots of sweat when lying down in doing that.
Last edited by HighSkies on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:I thought it was that you needed to suppress and snuff out, prevent all emotion and any thinking of any kind from surfacing in any manner? Stop yourself from feeling/thinking anything and solely focus on the present? But found an article, I misinterpreted?

Some things I read said 'let your mind wander' and stuff so it was confusing until I asked.
Well, have you done the experiment I posted?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Meditation can take different forms. One is the exercise that has "clearing your mind" as it's goal. But another way to meditate is to focus on something strongly; for example, one idea or topic. There are also guided meditations, of which I'm sure there are lots of free examples out there online and in apps.

The sort of meditating you choose will depend on WHY you're doing the exercise.

Personally, I recommend trying to start with guided meditations. It might be a good way to ease yourself into the practice, since you're fretting over whether merely wondering about failure will cause a block. It won't. Now, if you were to tell yourself negative things nonstop ("You idiot, you let your focus wander! You're no good at this! You failure! Can't do anything right!" Etc., etc.), THAT would absolutely drive a wedge between you and your goals. But random wondering about something, no.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I also found out something else when trying to follow the tips to increase awareness, I may have tried to split my awareness from my thoughts/feelings? To a point where if I am asked whether I like something or not, I 'have no idea' or am indecisive about it.

Is it maybe from living in an environment where you are discouraged from having your own opinions on stuff or are judged for it?

Achieving more awareness is sometimes like bringing the pieces of something that split apart back together.

Take this scenario of what's happened when I am asked on basic opinions on stuff sometimes:

"How do you feel/How are you today?"

Me: "Umm, I'm not sure?"

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Is it maybe from living in an environment where you are discouraged from having your own opinions on stuff or are judged for it?
I think you have hit the nail EXACTLY on the head. Being treated that way has spurred you to create internal defenses and coping strategies which, from your posts here, it sounds like you would like to jettison as they no longer serve your needs. It also sounds like those conditions have had a seriously negative impact on your self-confidence.

Those are issues that it's hard to resolve without trained guidance, but they are solvable. It's why I recommend talking to a counselor. That's the quickest way from the current state of mind, to the state of mind you'd like to have. Not necessarily QUICK, mind you, but the QUICKEST, nonetheless. I say this because trying to do the internal repair work without guidance, but WITH the massive self-doubt second-guessing every action, will take a lot longer and involve false starts.

This is a fixable situation. It's the result of habits of thought, not some unchangeable flaw. And habits can be replaced when they no longer serve our needs. But getting guidance to spot where the habits are cropping up, and advice on how best to change them, is the most direct route out of the harmful habits and into the more beneficial ones.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Just to say when I am in a 'before sleep' state I noticed today that I basically experienced the things that were going through my head as if they were louder/magnified.

So that might show the origins of where it's coming from.

A different person suggested that because I have been taught to not attach my own awareness to forming opinions, I could be copying opinions/perceptions on things from the metaphorical 'lens' of many others out there.

But I wouldn't know how true. Sometimes I do feel that the 'knowledge' I hold and such was basically the collective perceptions of many certain people, accumulated into a hive.

If your opinion of something is not approved, you can take the opinion of another person about that maybe by experiencing them or other ways. Then when asked about the subject claim it as your own if you decide to pick a certain one out of many others because its more comfortable to use? "This opinion sounds nice/accurate, I might adopt it as my own"

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

Likes2Read wrote: Those are issues that it's hard to resolve without trained guidance, but they are solvable. It's why I recommend talking to a counselor.
^This.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”