How does one switch off the 'analyzing/overthink' part of your head?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have managed to temporarily do it and switch on the 'perceive' part but then after some time the 'analyzing/overthink' part might switch on by itself again eventually so making you have to repeat it, but now how does one prevent this from happening or do it better/more quickly next time?

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Why not have both sides running at the same time.Like yin and yang have both balence each other out so you aren't to much on ether side.

blessed be

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mm from Zen meditation, we basically repeat the off switching as many times as we need until we get used to it : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

DualWanderer3 wrote:Why not have both sides running at the same time.Like yin and yang have both balence each other out so you aren't to much on ether side.

blessed be
Because mine isn't balanced, I might be oppressed by the condition of whatever it is that's causing an imbalance or some other inability factor/that part of my mind is oppressing me? Hence I might need to gain an additional ability or find a way to correct the balance by adding enough.
Last edited by HighSkies on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Practice.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

CerataPhthalma wrote:Practice.
What if I could be oppressed/marginalised by it or some sort of inability and might need to somehow acquire one though?

I even had a pretty powerful spell casted from LilithsLair to help see just incase if something is hindering me, could something else more be needed?

I have been able to see with my mind's eye more lately but for certain moments.

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Literally nothing will be able to take the place of practice. You can have every single immortal deity on this plane of existence open the way for you, and you will remain in the exact same place until you exercise the skills. It's like lifting weights: you can drink protein all day long and talk about how often you go to the gym and look at the weights, and you can identify and name every single machine in the gym--but until you actually start using them, you're never going to build muscle. A trainer telling you what to do and explaining the machines isn't going to help until you are in the middle of actually doing the thing.

Believing you have an inability or are oppressed or marginalized is the first step in making sure you never get anywhere with the process. Words have weight, and so do beliefs.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

CerataPhthalma wrote:Literally nothing will be able to take the place of practice. You can have every single immortal deity on this plane of existence open the way for you, and you will remain in the exact same place until you exercise the skills. It's like lifting weights: you can drink protein all day long and talk about how often you go to the gym and look at the weights, and you can identify and name every single machine in the gym--but until you actually start using them, you're never going to build muscle. A trainer telling you what to do and explaining the machines isn't going to help until you are in the middle of actually doing the thing.

Believing you have an inability or are oppressed or marginalized is the first step in making sure you never get anywhere with the process. Words have weight, and so do beliefs.
Its not that I believe I have it but that I might have it in other areas besides the heart chakra.

Anyways I do practice and use the red/black cards deck lately. If it turns out that area of mind is being bothersome I might have to buy an additional ability from a pact for equilibrium?

A 'gift' with a pro & con in the non-physical that is equally powerful to and can balance out the physical one.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Mm from Zen meditation, we basically repeat the off switching as many times as we need until we get used to it : )
But tbh what happens if instead of overthinking half the time it could actually be 'ego' based feeling? Own emotions in own head, desires and impulses. A person who is an 'ego based' feeler puts their feelings above others'. Versus external feeling which is ability to feel surroundings, others and not put your own feelings/desires first.

If I was writing 'logical' stuff half the time I would be prone to rewrite it passively based on internalised feeling, if there was conflict with values or that.

For example an 'ego feeling' based person would give preference of some over others based on internal feelings. How to approach that if so?

For shadow work my shadow self is mainly that basically.

Whether it comes to 'logic' endeavours or emotional if you are more of an ego feeler, you listen but always your own feelings tend to 'come first'.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:
darkwing wrote:Mm from Zen meditation, we basically repeat the off switching as many times as we need until we get used to it : )
But tbh what happens if instead of overthinking half the time it could actually be 'ego' based feeling? Own emotions in own head, desires and impulses. A person who is an 'ego based' feeler puts their feelings above others'. Versus external feeling which is ability to feel surroundings, others and not put your own feelings/desires first.
You can start analyzing it after 3 months of daily 1-hour Zen meditation. Usually 3 months (or 100 days if you prefer) should give you a clear enough mind to see the differences : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”