Zeus - and some questions

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

darkwing wrote:One possibility, instead of the Order aspect of him, you might have met the Authoritative aspect, which can feel controlling but not necessarily orderly nor with the intent for maintaining order. I think we can feel this when encountering government officials, business leaders, academic professors, etc.
I really think you hit the nail on the head here! Yes, I would agree that I probably met the "authoritative aspect" of him. And yes, it certainly feels controlling to me. You're right, it isn't necessarily Orderly or with the intent to maintain Order. Thanks for putting it into a better perspective for me!
darkwing wrote:Another one, for the Popularity aspect, it might be due to the Seniority or Experienced, i.e. one who had done all of them and triumphed. We can even see this in famous academic professors who have die-hard followers, and any challenge to their theories is made into personal battles instead of the improvement of theories itself, e.g. Einstein vs Bohr and Hawking vs Susskind.
Great points again, thanks DW. :)

Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Zeus is quite an interesting Immortal, who is quite misunderstood, much like his wife, Hera. I did not find myths of Zeus flattering growing up. In fact, I didn't really care for most of the Greek Gods and Goddesses. Their stories were always so awful and they did terrible things, often to people who didn't deserve it. It's like they had no idea what the word "decency" meant, and I found it quite appalling. They were a bunch of bullies. Actually, the way you think of Zeus as being "popular" is the way I used to think of Aphrodite. I used to find her HORRIBLY unappealing, being made up of all the things that I abhorred about humanity. She was the pretty, dumb prom queen who didn't have much to offer to society but would be vehement the second attention was diverted away from her.

Then, I actually met many of these Greek Immortals, and I discovered everything I thought about them and everything the myths portrayed them as were all wrong. They were sincere, friendly, and most of all, approachable. While I find the myths intriguing from a historical and mythological perspective, spiritually they lack a LOT of worth and don't really help at all when it comes to actually connecting to an Immortal they are meant to depict. I think of them a lot like the Bible, passed down through generations, translated, and repurposed for political purposes. I know a lot of people like to raise ancient knowledge on a pedestal and think of it as the most perfect, unflawed thing, but I am not one of those people. All human knowledge is flawed. The only way you can truly understand something is working with it one on one. Another person's experiences just aren't going to cut it, especially for something like an Immortal who can appear to everyone differently. With an Immortal, you are forging a personal relationship.

Now that that's out of the way, I can talk about Zeus! I adore Zeus. I used to hate him, now I love him. He's like a patient, kind, but firm father. He seems quite strict and is INCREDIBLY intimidating, but he's a real softie. He pulls off the strong but silent leader type quite well. He helps you to understand power and the responsible application of it. He helps you understand yourself and how to become a more confident, responsible person. He does not give a crap about what anyone thinks about him, and that's one of the things I love most about him. Over the past few days, I've heard people talk about how "everybody hates Zeus" and it makes me feel so bad because I think he's quite intriguing. But Zeus right away lets me know that he doesn't care what other people say, he only cares that I'm taking the time to bond and connect to him. It was quite a sweet moment. I associate him strongly with energy and spiritual connections as well, because of his connection to storms and lightning, and it is energy that we are working with when we choose to speak to spirits. Zeus definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those who are willing to open themselves to him, they will find a caring and endearing ally. Once you've earned his respect, there isn't ANYTHING he won't do for you. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't ask for a single thing in return. He just wants to be part of my life.

I've actually had straight up arguments with him before, and he didn't smite me or anything like that, which I know some people are afraid of and with good reason. Wen I first met him, he really liked to pull the whole "I'm a god" card. Like, if I'd doubt him, he'd be like, "are you really doubting a god?" For some people, they'd fall in line. I, being a rebel, would roll my eyes. Sometimes, it would escalate and I'd ask him to leave. Then he'd come back, apologize, and we'd pick it back up. Then there was also that one time he told me not to touch his beard... and I didn't listen... and he got upset... >.> Anyway, we had a rocky start but he's incredible. Easily one of my favorites, but then again, I think I'd say that about every Immortal. lol.

Btw, he's also quite handsome and incredibly attentive, for those who enjoy Immortal lovers. :)

But that's my experiences! Hope they help. <3

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Azure Echo wrote:Zeus is quite an interesting Immortal, who is quite misunderstood, much like his wife, Hera. I did not find myths of Zeus flattering growing up. In fact, I didn't really care for most of the Greek Gods and Goddesses. Their stories were always so awful and they did terrible things, often to people who didn't deserve it. It's like they had no idea what the word "decency" meant, and I found it quite appalling. They were a bunch of bullies. Actually, the way you think of Zeus as being "popular" is the way I used to think of Aphrodite. I used to find her HORRIBLY unappealing, being made up of all the things that I abhorred about humanity. She was the pretty, dumb prom queen who didn't have much to offer to society but would be vehement the second attention was diverted away from her.

I feel the same, myths about Zeus are really not flattering at all! I'm the type that normally takes mythology on Immortals with a pinch of salt, because in the past for a couple of Immortals I actually skipped on reading their mythology and just went ahead to connect with them from a clean slate. I didn't want to be influenced by what was written about them. It worked out to become two of the strongest connections I have ever made. But to be honest, I'm really ashamed to say that I did the exact opposite with Zeus and have been judging him on his mythology. I totally want to kick myself for that! It's really not how I normally do things and why it happened with Zeus I don't know, but I am working at being more open to him and who he is.

Then, I actually met many of these Greek Immortals, and I discovered everything I thought about them and everything the myths portrayed them as were all wrong. They were sincere, friendly, and most of all, approachable. While I find the myths intriguing from a historical and mythological perspective, spiritually they lack a LOT of worth and don't really help at all when it comes to actually connecting to an Immortal they are meant to depict. I think of them a lot like the Bible, passed down through generations, translated, and repurposed for political purposes. I know a lot of people like to raise ancient knowledge on a pedestal and think of it as the most perfect, unflawed thing, but I am not one of those people. All human knowledge is flawed. The only way you can truly understand something is working with it one on one. Another person's experiences just aren't going to cut it, especially for something like an Immortal who can appear to everyone differently. With an Immortal, you are forging a personal relationship.

I completely agree with you, mythology on Immortals really doesn't help when it comes to connecting with them! When I mentioned two Immortals I connected to and skipped over reading their mythology, I went back after I connected with them just out of curiosity, and the myths on them really didn't reveal anything of what I experienced with them. This reflects what you said above - "the only way you can truly understand something is working with it one on one." I also agree when you say myths are more like the Bible, and yes, all human knowledge is flawed!

Now that that's out of the way, I can talk about Zeus! I adore Zeus. I used to hate him, now I love him. He's like a patient, kind, but firm father. He seems quite strict and is INCREDIBLY intimidating, but he's a real softie. He pulls off the strong but silent leader type quite well. He helps you to understand power and the responsible application of it. He helps you understand yourself and how to become a more confident, responsible person. He does not give a crap about what anyone thinks about him, and that's one of the things I love most about him. Over the past few days, I've heard people talk about how "everybody hates Zeus" and it makes me feel so bad because I think he's quite intriguing. But Zeus right away lets me know that he doesn't care what other people say, he only cares that I'm taking the time to bond and connect to him. It was quite a sweet moment. I associate him strongly with energy and spiritual connections as well, because of his connection to storms and lightning, and it is energy that we are working with when we choose to speak to spirits. Zeus definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those who are willing to open themselves to him, they will find a caring and endearing ally. Once you've earned his respect, there isn't ANYTHING he won't do for you. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't ask for a single thing in return. He just wants to be part of my life.

I am a bit intimidated by him, yeah. But it's good to hear he is a softie, this makes me feel like he is more approachable than I imagined. Thank you for sharing more about Zeus, Azure! I really appreciate it.

I've actually had straight up arguments with him before, and he didn't smite me or anything like that, which I know some people are afraid of and with good reason. Wen I first met him, he really liked to pull the whole "I'm a god" card. Like, if I'd doubt him, he'd be like, "are you really doubting a god?" For some people, they'd fall in line. I, being a rebel, would roll my eyes. Sometimes, it would escalate and I'd ask him to leave. Then he'd come back, apologize, and we'd pick it back up. Then there was also that one time he told me not to touch his beard... and I didn't listen... and he got upset... >.> Anyway, we had a rocky start but he's incredible. Easily one of my favorites, but then again, I think I'd say that about every Immortal. lol.

LOL.. yes, I see myself doing an eye roll at something like that as well. XD I feel a bit better about my own wobbly start with Zeus, thank you Azure. I would like things to improve, and to experience him as he really is instead of what I perceived him to be.

That's so funny you touched his beard and he got upset, lol!! I think Immortals know where the intent is coming from, and that makes all the difference. ;)

Btw, he's also quite handsome and incredibly attentive, for those who enjoy Immortal lovers. :)

But that's my experiences! Hope they help. <3

I see you sneaking in a quick "he's also quite handsome" there, lol!

Thank you SO much for you reply here Azure, it does help. :) <3

Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Aww, it's my pleasure, Fera! <3 I'm so glad I was able to help out. <3 May you forge a strong friendship with him, like I know you will. He DOES have that firmness to him, at least for me, but try not to take it too seriously. He's really sweet in his intention. It's all about you, never about him, once you get along with him. Also, but of course I had to speak of his handsomeness XD He's quite something else, a veritable silver fox. ;)

~~~~~~
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Thanks, Azure! <3

I am happy to report we seem to be starting over, because I just had a really tiny, yet lovely experience with him.

I was reading various topics on the forum just now, and this probably won't make much sense but out of the blue I heard "contemplate on your mortality" - I wasn't sure who it came from. I heard another comment a little while after that, and this time it really took me by surprise because it felt warm and gentle. At that point I realised it was Zeus. :)

So it wasn't WHAT he said, but rather HOW he said it. It's quite incredible what a little bit of warmth and gentleness behind words can do, it touched my heart and turned my perceptions on their head! I don't feel intimidated by him anymore. A small act made such a big difference for me! I really feel like we will be okay from this point on.

Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Feranox wrote:Thanks, Azure! <3

I am happy to report we seem to be starting over, because I just had a really tiny, yet lovely experience with him.

I was reading various topics on the forum just now, and this probably won't make much sense but out of the blue I heard "contemplate on your mortality" - I wasn't sure who it came from. I heard another comment a little while after that, and this time it really took me by surprise because it felt warm and gentle. At that point I realised it was Zeus. :)

So it wasn't WHAT he said, but rather HOW he said it. It's quite incredible what a little bit of warmth and gentleness behind words can do, it touched my heart and turned my perceptions on their head! I don't feel intimidated by him anymore. A small act made such a big difference for me! I really feel like we will be okay from this point on.
Wow Fera! What a wonderful connection! I'm so glad I was able to help. :) It's all about letting go of those preconceptions. Many of us were raised in the west and were naturally exposed to the Greek gods in one form or another. We all sort of have these templates in our head of them, but when we open ourselves up and choose not to judge, they lead the way to a greater understanding. Sometimes, if they really want to communicate, they'll drag you along anyway. lol.

May you have wonderful experiences with Zeus! You're off to a great start. : )

~~~~~~
Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Don't have any experience with Zeus, but want to add that I have always understood Thursday to be the day of Zeus and Jupiter. Monday is the day of the moon (Selene or Luna).

The following link seems to have good information from reputable sources.

https://www.crowl.org/Lawrence/time/days.html#sources

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Hi Marilee, thanks for the link.

I guess it's what feels most appropriate to each person and the Immortal they are working with, as far as what day is associated with them. Zeus could have known I'd check the CH Encyclopedia for his day, as I've done it before, after receiving a visit from an Immortal and for me personally, it synced with CH's associations. Not to say only CH is right, just for me it has made sense in the past and this time as well.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:Zeus is not an immortal I am close with, but if you're focused on personality he's definitely far more than he seems.
Zeus is a survivor and bringer of justice so potent it can blind the oldest forces in this universe, however among them the forces he is hugely fearful of and will not alter speak a great deal as well to the respect he grants to those old gods and his capacity to comprehend them. He is an unexpected challenger.
He decides what needs to be done, and does it, and to a great extent he acts in alignment with the Fates.
He is known for being associated with the power of rebirth and is more than this, a savior of rebirth in his mythology, one capable of throwing you to the wolves as easily as he can extract you from the belly of the beast so to speak and give you a chance to see the world anew and be anew.

He's not a very likeable figure if you carry certain biases in favour of the natural forces of this universe, yet from an objective standpoint he shows a great power and strength as one who is actually, inherently a rebel himself able to recreate worlds. Does he really stand for Order? He overthrew the titan hierarchy, he may not have an alignment with the chaotic primordia but he is one who knows how to calculate chaos and use it to do the unexpected and to avenge those he cares about.

As a King he rules with a bit of an iron fist at times, from one perspective he restrained many of Nature's children and origin powers, from another perspective he fought for his own existence - along with his family's chance to thrive - and couldn't have won it any other way. He's born of vengeance and takes it to cultivate his own legacy.
He's a hero god and a slayer god in a sense, a conqueror in any circumstance, and does provoke extreme reactions in this. He brought into being a natural balance in the cosmos where there is a challenger for every creature and a fight born of the very existence between duality and darkness, often blurring the lines. As serious as he is about why it 'must be', it also enthralls him and he may tell you life would not be the same without it.
He may ask you to challenge the existing order, and to confront that which brings havoc to your world, to grow from this - taking control of your own destiny - rather than to meekly accept when the powers that be wish to decide for you. I hear a 'yes' from Zeus to this as I type and will take it he approves this message, lol.

There is something to be appreciated here even for those who are not fond of or adamantly opposed to what it meant for the old hierarchy or for Nature's reign. Wisdom often exists in the places you least want to engage with or accept in your own life.
The power and insight of Zeus can be applied just as well in the life of one who exalts Prometheus (the rebel god who gave fire to humankind against Zeus' wishes) such as myself, for they are just about two sides of the same coin in the realm of fighting for autonomy and what is right.
For that matter it's said and done.. and nowadays as a human wielding fire, Zeus can assuredly guide you if what you seek falls into his area of expertise. One thing is for sure, if you honor him, and he considers you one of his own, he will take care of you.

I wonder what would Cronus stand for in this case, and did he/Zeus really fight? Azure reckons that mythology did not truely happen and should be taken for a grain of salt, but according to mythology during the time Cronus ruled he made the laws of the universe so that there was no struggle at all. Absolute endless happiness/prosperity, and all that people could desire were immediately given to them or acquired in a moment and second's notice or even less with little to no struggle. No obstacles either, and many wonders being created. He only became or acted 'mean' when he found out one of his sons were going to overthrow him, and tried to fight fate to keep himself in power rigorously but apparently before that he was a very nice individual.

He picked and came through to me in a reverse adoption out of all for reasons unknown yet, I hope to someday be able to acquire the offerings for him. As I have already managed to get ground ginger for Nemesis as an offering near her mini-statue.

I read and found about Cronus's golden age after I found he picked me in a custom conjure, and how the Romans worshiped Saturn as an adaptation for him for that. Somebody else's experiences were that Cronus is more of a 'lead than example' leader and is 'more open' compared to Zeus?

Does he tend to be the type to grant fulfillment still I wonder and is that "Golden Age, then Cronus vs Zeus" thing something that actually happened?

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice;

I haven't read through most of this thread, but I would disagree about the mythology not having actually occurred. If you want to say that then you might as well also say that none of the gods stand for what we know them to either, and are just anthropomorphic concepts appropriated by humans. Of course there exists more, than what is depicted in the recorded myths, and of course the reality is fairly complex, that we can be sure of.
My take as someone who has been communing with the immortals every day of my life for going on two decades. But don't take my word for it.. Ancient humans were more closely linked to the divine than we are now and it would be wise to pay mind to what they've brought us.

Not all aspects are necessarily taken from that place of divine connection -- that typically convoluted itself under the influence of religious shifts in culture as eras wore on, and there are also varying channels for which to have derived understanding of the gods which is why you will commonly see conflicting myths. However it's key to look as far back as possible for an anchor to the reality. One caveat being that points can definitely get lost in translation by the modern mind, or come through in a cryptic manner in the mythology while still being valid and this is where the ancient mystery cults come in and the true gnosis of the gods.

One of the most important things you must know is that the ancient world was very different than it is today, the people of that time were blessed to be immersed in the presence of the immortals and you can bet that their recordings reflect this, even if they take a bit of deciphering. We are ever slaves to the limitation of human interpretation, there is a need to transcend this and be as receptive as the ancient mind for true understanding.

If you want to know what Cronus is about, ask him. It's time to realize we are placing a distance between ourselves and the immortals that can simply dissolve if we act rather than hypothesize.

Return to “Immortals”