Zeus - and some questions

heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I think you have a lot of wisdom Noctifera. I think it's wise not to assume anything about anyone. Just because something written down doesn't match your own experience, it doesn't mean what's written is necessarily less likely to be true. I think the ancient world -must- have had a better idea about the world around them than we do now, because they were more tuned into the paranormal. I don't think we should all assume that because we're modern that we know better.

CosmicCollective
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me

Noctifera wrote:ServantofJustice;

I haven't read through most of this thread, but I would disagree about the mythology not having actually occurred. If you want to say that then you might as well also say that none of the gods stand for what we know them to either, and are just anthropomorphic concepts appropriated by humans. Of course there exists more, than what is depicted in the recorded myths, and of course the reality is fairly complex, that we can be sure of.
My take as someone who has been communing with the immortals every day of my life for going on two decades. But don't take my word for it.. Ancient humans were more closely linked to the divine than we are now and it would be wise to pay mind to what they've brought us.

Not all aspects are necessarily taken from that place of divine connection -- that typically convoluted itself under the influence of religious shifts in culture as eras wore on, and there are also varying channels for which to have derived understanding of the gods which is why you will commonly see conflicting myths. However it's key to look as far back as possible for an anchor to the reality. One caveat being that points can definitely get lost in translation by the modern mind, or come through in a cryptic manner in the mythology while still being valid and this is where the ancient mystery cults come in and the true gnosis of the gods.

One of the most important things you must know is that the ancient world was very different than it is today, the people of that time were blessed to be immersed in the presence of the immortals and you can bet that their recordings reflect this, even if they take a bit of deciphering. We are ever slaves to the limitation of human interpretation, there is a need to transcend this and be as receptive as the ancient mind for true understanding.

If you want to know what Cronus is about, ask him. It's time to realize we are placing a distance between ourselves and the immortals that can simply dissolve if we act rather than hypothesize.
Beautifully put. I couldn't agree more!

~To unite the pieces of this puzzle
☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I thinl of Zeus as the wise old man of Mount Olympus xD
Btw I'm sorry to hear about your mom! Many blessings to her, stay strong <3

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:ServantofJustice;

I haven't read through most of this thread, but I would disagree about the mythology not having actually occurred. If you want to say that then you might as well also say that none of the gods stand for what we know them to either, and are just anthropomorphic concepts appropriated by humans. Of course there exists more, than what is depicted in the recorded myths, and of course the reality is fairly complex, that we can be sure of.
My take as someone who has been communing with the immortals every day of my life for going on two decades. But don't take my word for it.. Ancient humans were more closely linked to the divine than we are now and it would be wise to pay mind to what they've brought us.

Not all aspects are necessarily taken from that place of divine connection -- that typically convoluted itself under the influence of religious shifts in culture as eras wore on, and there are also varying channels for which to have derived understanding of the gods which is why you will commonly see conflicting myths. However it's key to look as far back as possible for an anchor to the reality. One caveat being that points can definitely get lost in translation by the modern mind, or come through in a cryptic manner in the mythology while still being valid and this is where the ancient mystery cults come in and the true gnosis of the gods.

One of the most important things you must know is that the ancient world was very different than it is today, the people of that time were blessed to be immersed in the presence of the immortals and you can bet that their recordings reflect this, even if they take a bit of deciphering. We are ever slaves to the limitation of human interpretation, there is a need to transcend this and be as receptive as the ancient mind for true understanding.

If you want to know what Cronus is about, ask him. It's time to realize we are placing a distance between ourselves and the immortals that can simply dissolve if we act rather than hypothesize.
Very interesting I somehow intuitively knew a little of this when I read about it at a young age until I asked the 'history teachers' one day when I was learning about ancient times of how they thought people differed, did Cronus/Zeus really fight each other? I read that Cronus was released from Tartarus by Zeus and made to be the one to govern the Hellenic 'paradise' where the 'blessed dead', heroes and 'the good' go while Zeus took the role as the governor of cosmos.

The golden age aspect was likely true then, I was highly drawn to the idea what would have comprised that at the time when he chose me then read about it after. Looking for somebody who would 'fit the criteria' before reverse adoption. I also find it kind of awkward(not outright disliking it) of what I was told that a big part of my could be spiritually vampyric and how at the same time I like light related, anti-predatory stuff or what Cronus's golden age stood for.

What about the humans of the Middle Ages or 'Medieval Times' I'm curious how they differed to us and the ancients? Did they have any of that connection still and how reliable is the history/anthropology they teach us?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

-The bottom line is because I have 'connections' to people in that frequency in a way with whom raised me, and possibly the frequency itself following me on from past lives to dictate me to a degree still by entrapment to tradition/duty. I still try to perceive the spiritual via 'dogma' and generalizations sometimes instead of instinct as people in those times did if that's true, thus I might need kind of a different approach to working that goes around this. I'm maybe like a mix of that mindset in a way and the modern to a degree(Cause of school mainly and internet). Yes the person who believes me still holds the same/similar beliefs to people in those times about things such as 'the undead', vampires or about 'dark things' that those in old times did. Extreme fear of uncertainty and the unknown including of spirits, 'outsiders'(for living people) unless they are proven to be 'light' ones such as angels or more. And painful death as a method of punishment for those like horrendous murderers etc all that which I admit I agree with a bit. These are just for details, not to derail.

I asked you because I was afraid I can be caught up in the writings of mythology or whatever as some people say when trying to communicate with immortals. Would you agree that the writings of mythology can be 'unreliable' in how somebody thinks the bible is when comparing them btw? And don't forget, do people who had and the ones who still do have them today of a 'middle ages' frequency have a better/worse connection to the divine in any way?

If you want to discuss that part further in the first paragraph can go here: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/pos ... ml#p724729

DeeArtLover
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: fox spirit

How does one begin to connect with an immortal like Zeus?

phantomparadox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Take a guess
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dunno :)
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainer Merrick
Zodiac:

Paintings work, so do sigils, but for beginners hiring someone to do a binding is always best.

Legions at my command.

Return to “Immortals”