Clearing up a misconception - Demons do not ask for souls in general

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Ryla Grey wrote:Serv, I think this is going down a bad road. Keep in mind not everyone is meant to work with demons. I would say working with them only to gain something is not a good starting point.
Well planning or thinking over it first doesn't necessarily mean you're going to do it right away, that would be still under consideration. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the nature of pacts and possible misconceptions.

There is one on the list that works with people who want to do wish-granting endeavors just for your info, I saw people who wanted things use their sigil on the forum it came from?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

On the more personal manner, if I were to decide whether I need a pact or not I would first have to look at what underlying dormant abilities are present which can be awakened. Whether I am advantaged or disadvantaged in what I have and need to get some benefits to add counter-weight in order to balance things.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:
Ryla Grey wrote:Serv, I think this is going down a bad road. Keep in mind not everyone is meant to work with demons. I would say working with them only to gain something is not a good starting point.
Well planning or thinking over it first doesn't necessarily mean you're going to do it right away, that would be still under consideration. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the nature of pacts and possible misconceptions.

There is one on the list that works with people who want to do wish-granting endeavors just for your info, I saw people who wanted things use their sigil on the forum it came from?
Did you just SERIOUSLY go from "How do I get rid of my darkness" to "I think I'll make pacts with demons without getting to know them" ?

:\ OMFG No.

Just...

NO.

First of all, the people who use sigils for wish-granting do not just create a sigil and ask for something. They create a sigil with the entity that deals with the energies they want to invoke in their lives, and then they get to know the entity. They talk. They learn. They grow. They change.

Most entities aren't interested in just doing a task for you. They're interested in teaching you how to do it for yourself. If there's a block, if there's a lacking in understanding, whatever your issue is with any kind of energy, they're interested in teaching you how to fix the issue.

Do NOT create a sigil expecting that someone with a very busy astral life is just going to come fix your problems. Do not make pacts with someone you don't know.

Akelta is correct that the Goetic demons do not ask for your soul. That doesn't change the fact that they were once gods in their own right, and you don't just ask a god for favors unless you want it to go badly. And that's ANY god, not just the ones the Christian church demonized. You'll get two possible results - either you don't get anything that you ask for... or you get exactly what you asked for, no subtlety, no compensation for who you are or where you're at in life - you get what you asked for, and all the problems with it. ANY god will do that to you, not just these ones.

If you want to make a pact with a god, fine... but I seriously recommend you take your time to get to know them, and yourself... and let them get to know you, too.

And yes, I understand you say you no longer want to get rid of your 'darkness' - enough people came down on your head about that idea that you've decided either we're right, or you're just not going to be as open about it.

But the massive swing here from Right Hand Path thinking (darkness is evil, hide it under the rug and carve yourself up to escape it so you can meet imaginary ideals of perfection) to Lets Use Demon Kings Like Djinni -

Yeah... NO.

Slow down, son - you're making us nervous.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

MagickFromtheMysts wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:

Did you just SERIOUSLY go from "How do I get rid of my darkness" to "I think I'll make pacts with demons without getting to know them" ?

:\ OMFG No.

Just...

NO.

First of all, the people who use sigils for wish-granting do not just create a sigil and ask for something. They create a sigil with the entity that deals with the energies they want to invoke in their lives, and then they get to know the entity. They talk. They learn. They grow. They change.

Most entities aren't interested in just doing a task for you. They're interested in teaching you how to do it for yourself. If there's a block, if there's a lacking in understanding, whatever your issue is with any kind of energy, they're interested in teaching you how to fix the issue.

Do NOT create a sigil expecting that someone with a very busy astral life is just going to come fix your problems. Do not make pacts with someone you don't know.

Akelta is correct that the Goetic demons do not ask for your soul. That doesn't change the fact that they were once gods in their own right, and you don't just ask a god for favors unless you want it to go badly. And that's ANY god, not just the ones the Christian church demonized. You'll get two possible results - either you don't get anything that you ask for... or you get exactly what you asked for, no subtlety, no compensation for who you are or where you're at in life - you get what you asked for, and all the problems with it. ANY god will do that to you, not just these ones.

If you want to make a pact with a god, fine... but I seriously recommend you take your time to get to know them, and yourself... and let them get to know you, too.

And yes, I understand you say you no longer want to get rid of your 'darkness' - enough people came down on your head about that idea that you've decided either we're right, or you're just not going to be as open about it.

But the massive swing here from Right Hand Path thinking (darkness is evil, hide it under the rug and carve yourself up to escape it so you can meet imaginary ideals of perfection) to Lets Use Demon Kings Like Djinni -

Yeah... NO.

I walked left hand path part time for a short while before coming here, you know work with Hecate.

But anyway my beliefs or goals are still WA(Trying to bring balance or abundance to ingrained dormant abilities/gifts in this case, incase I am at any disadvantage in what I have so far that I may need more benefits). Correcting any imbalances or lack of any abilities that may cause extra difficulty, a question of fairness. A person on occultforum or something suggested I use Chenor's sigil if I get stuck or faced any disadvantages some time ago. The impression Chenor seems to give off is more of 'grey' than exactly dark but I would like to hear your expertise here first.

The safer option would be an immortal/god of course, but depending on which one can be called for that if this is needed.

But besides would have to first find out what dormant abilities I have/don't have first that can be developed, and whether exactly. If a 'pact' is needed or not in order to be given the potential to reach development of one I would like to go for in the future. Comes the question do you need to already have it or anybody can develop it if needed?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

MagickFromtheMysts wrote:
Not me. There were facepalms and head shakes involved and sometimes lol's. But I think soon it's popcorn time!
ServantofJustice wrote: A person on occultforum or something suggested I use Chenor's sigil if I get stuck or faced any disadvantages some time ago. The impression Chenor seems to give off is more of 'grey' than exactly dark but I would like to hear your expertise here first.
Nobody knows where Chenor's and a few other sigils from the 'standard set' came from, so nobody knows if and what entity is connected to that sigil. He's not a demon mentioned anywhere but a few places and most include roleplaying.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:
The safer option would be an immortal/god of course, but depending on which one can be called for that if this is needed.
There's nothing inherenty safe about a god/goddess.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Alys wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:
There's nothing inherenty safe about a god/goddess.
That is very true. But to his defense, he said safer, not safe. Nothing is really ever safe, fun times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

When you inquired of me about Chenor I kept thinking of a goetic equivalent, as I have never heard of this particular being prior to you bringing them up. I'd advise not connecting with this being if you cannot trace their source or discern energetically what they deal with or what their nature is.
After looking into it a little bit I do see that this fella would be most closely corresponded to a few of the Goetic demons - and so - if your focus is connecting with such a realm of energy, I still recommend that you let a natural resonance occur with one that best suits your desires and your situation. All of what I mentioned before applies about being extremely clear with your intentions, becoming very familiar with the energy of the force you're calling upon, taking time to clearly understand what it is you're going to be walking into.

I don't think you need to form a pact with a demon, I don't think you have the experience necessary to follow through without issue; but if you're going to go for it regardless (let's face it, many do).. all I can say is that you best be well prepared. For that matter it would be ideal to work on you, before bringing someone else in to work on you.
As far as the Goetic demons, and demonic immortals they do range greatly in what they exert, but I wouldn't call working with any demonic easy-going especially when you're not predisposed to that essence. The frequency of demonic entities may totally, badly clash with you. There are several factors to keep in mind, not just going for whatever seems most extreme or intense. Agreements with any divinity are serious business..

I'm not ready to get popcorn-happy, the popcorn must be spared. For Justice.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:When you inquired of me about Chenor I kept thinking of a goetic equivalent, as I have never heard of this particular being prior to you bringing them up. I'd advise not connecting with this being if you cannot trace their source or discern energetically what they deal with or what their nature is.
After looking into it a little bit I do see that this fella would be most closely corresponded to a few of the Goetic demons - and so - if your focus is connecting with such a realm of energy, I still recommend that you let a natural resonance occur with one that best suits your desires and your situation. All of what I mentioned before applies about being extremely clear with your intentions, becoming very familiar with the energy of the force you're calling upon, taking time to clearly understand what it is you're going to be walking into.

I don't think you need to form a pact with a demon, I don't think you have the experience necessary to follow through without issue; but if you're going to go for it regardless (let's face it, many do).. all I can say is that you best be well prepared. For that matter it would be ideal to work on you, before bringing someone else in to work on you.
As far as the Goetic demons, and demonic immortals they do range greatly in what they exert, but I wouldn't call working with any demonic easy-going especially when you're not predisposed to that essence. The frequency of demonic entities may totally, badly clash with you. There are several factors to keep in mind, not just going for whatever seems most extreme or intense. Agreements with any divinity are serious business..

Right now I am just discussing, the reason why I am holding back from this is because I first want to find out where my 'abilities' or 'dormant gifts/abilities' stand at. Then if it seems to give a feeling of righteous indignation of need to correct imbalance, I may then consider a pact with knowledge of what I have if what I want to gain is still valuable.

I'm not sure what energies I resonate best with yet but my guess is 'light'. Though for some reason very dark beings often like to come to me in DA conjurations.

My other side to me is addicted to 'adrenaline'/'chaos', wanting to experience and look for it. Makes my head full of feelings/thoughts related. Often if meditation can be achieved it shuts down and leaves behind 'as normal'.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Noctifera wrote:

Even if it's chocolate covered?
Alternatively there could be a chocolate cake party.

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Spirit Research”