Number of Spirits: 3000
Spelled Number: 350
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Whisperer

The Dark Side Of Being An Empath That You Rarely See

Postby lori67k » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 am

I found this video on youtube and wow; so much truth is spoken here and since I am often asked questions regarding being an empath; I feel this video will help answer those questions for those on the empathic path

Many blessings 1ht

https://youtu.be/ubYx-zr9Y8k

<3 I want to be the best that I can be. I want to do and have and live in a way that is in harmony with my idea of the greatest goodness. I want to harmonize physically here in this body with that which I believe to be the best, or the good way, of life. <3

This blessing... I send out to all of you <3 1ht <3

DualWanderer3
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Re: The Dark Side Of Being An Empath That You Rarely See

Postby DualWanderer3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 pm

So I'm going to be screwed by life one way or another no matter what I do is what I'm hearing from this. Espeshally since nobody seems to care about emotions these days if they don't find them annoying or unnessesary.I can barely laugh at anything or find things funny unless its really funny because I had to bury the emotion so people wouldn't snap at me for feeling humur along with other emotions.I don't know or can think up anything elts to say without it sounding like rambling so I'll leave it at that.

blessed be

lori67k
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced

Postby lori67k » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:22 pm

Welll... I'm sure that is possible if that's the message you are receiving from the video but for me it was an awakening of understanding and an opportunity to shift things such as perceptions in my life by focusing on those things I can change and releasing those I cannot; this knowledge helped me to be aware... as it were; I could either use this new knowledge as a powerful tool through enlightenment, to better myself or not

None of us can control the amount of every energetic influence that find their way into our own environment; we are energetic beings, so yeah, we are going to be effected at some point; we can't keep all of it at bay but we can choose to find ways to take the (the video information) uncomfortable influences and work them in a way within ourselves to make those energies (typically effecting empaths both emotionally and physically) work for us rather than against us. I hope this make sense...

People who tend to criticize or minimize or altogether attempt to shut others down and shut them up,especially where emotions are concerned, are often doing so as a result of some form of fear, jealousy or other unhealthy belief systems regardless of whether or not they may believe they are simply trying to be helpful thinking they are saving another from experiencing some pretty uncomfortable realizations, they are reacting per their own level of learning and experience and really has very little to do with the other party they attempting to shut down, but more to do with them; their belief systems, their perceptions, their experiences, and doesn't have to be yours.... not anymore

It's not the world around us, people, circumstances and/or events we are observing that will define us (in who we are) but how we choose to react to those things. We cannot control how much (or even what type of) stimuli makes its way into our perceptual experiences but we can choose how we will respond to it; that is where our true power lay

Always good to hear from you sweetie 1hg

Many blessing 1ht

<3 I want to be the best that I can be. I want to do and have and live in a way that is in harmony with my idea of the greatest goodness. I want to harmonize physically here in this body with that which I believe to be the best, or the good way, of life. <3

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Postby Likes2Read » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:25 am

Anyone who finds themselves to be empathic, telepathic, highly sensitive to outside energies, etc., needs to learn to shield if they are going to be able to function.We also have to find techniques that work for us to regain our bearings after being blindsided by an unexpected energy bomb. I have spent a lot of years refining this, and even then, I sometimes get bombarded by a surprise heavy-duty external energy.

Case in point, I had to go through the halls of an area at work where Mohs surgeries (to remove skin cancer) are done. BOOM. Unexpectedly, all the energies of sadness, fear, and the like came flooding through me. I knew darn well those weren't MY emotions, but were coming in from outside. There must be a massive buildup of those energies in that area because it's ALL they do over there, and a LOT of patients come through who are dealing with all these deeply-felt emotions and more. It was like being hit by a tsunami of energy, and I wasn't prepared for it.

All it took was one episode like that for me to learn my lesson. Now I bump up the shielding and filtering before going through there. No more problems have happened since then.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files. Visit my MP link (on the profile under my userID) for the spelled items that Etsy deemed too hot to handle! :) I look forward to seeing you there!

DualWanderer3
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby DualWanderer3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 am

Likes2Read wrote:Anyone who finds themselves to be empathic, telepathic, highly sensitive to outside energies, etc., needs to learn to shield if they are going to be able to function.

Mentally or physically?And would lack of ambishen for anything and not even caring about life anymore (not suiasidale or anything,I just stopped caring about mundain life in genaral if it even make sence at times) be signs to start shielding?

blessed be

lori67k
neophyte
neophyte

Postby lori67k » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 am

I agree with L2R, sheilding is always important and for HSP's and empaths it is even more crucial to do some protection, shielding and even at the end of the day; cleansing out the old energies whether you experience them emotionally, physically or psychically; creating a regime of doing these things every day, protecting and shielding the moment you get up and then cleansing before going to bed and while it may not always protect you from those unexpected energy bombs; it will certainly cut it all down a good 95% or more and you will always be better prepared for those sudden, unexpected energy whammies if they do come

Dualwanderer... how others regard (or disregard) the power of emotions is theirs and theirs alone. You do not have to accept those beliefs, thoughts and actions others may (or may not) have; be your own person and keep your focus on what makes you feel good in this life rather than picking up other people's (emotional) luggage and carrying around the weight of theirs like it is your baggage to carry...

If you're focusing on those people and what they do or don't do then how do you ever expect to focus on yourself? how do you expect positive changes to occur? that is their journey, not yours. It begs me to question why you are so ready to make their issues your own. this is a golden opportunity for you to find your own footing and run with that

We are not supposed to hide or deny our emotions; especially empaths and HSP's; regardless of what someone else thinks and believes, when we do, we are actually self-sabotaging

The point of sharing the video was to give people who are often effected as empaths an identifier, a means to which to describe what they (we) go through; it provides a sense of validation of those experiences,so many empaths do not have to feel like they are doing life alone; that someone else out there knows exactly what most are going through

Like I said earlier and as L2R also stated, use the information to gain insights and form support (shielding) and forget about what others may or may not do. We all have the opportunity here to take away something good from knowledge like these... Like learning how to shield and how to let go, especially letting go of what is (and never was) yours in the first place. Allow yourself to experience (and to accept) these experiences for what they are... (experiences and opportunities for change and self growth) nurture your experiences and develop them through compassion and acknowledge these experiences as the opportunities that they are. we, as empaths, have a unique opportunity to have those experiences because we each (in our own way) have a greater purpose to fulfill someday where these gifts and the development of them is going to help so many people and our societies in so many wondrous ways. Have some compassion for yourself too hon ... we are not victims, we a re warriors and far stronger than many of us may feel and believe at any given moment. turn these events into a tool of power rather than a platform for defeat

We do not have to accept anything in our lives that do not support our highest good; especially not the opinions of others; if it's not working for us; we absolutely have the power to let it go and choose our own path toward what we want and what feels good (right) for ourselves

Check out Amanda Falker's youtube channel; they are truly informative and can assist all empaths embarking on this journey (whether they want to or not). I'll get you started with a couple of her videos that are actually related to your questions and our responses:

4 Ways Empaths Self Sabotage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhXG9-Kx9s

Make Yourself Great Again - Claim Your Own Power - Take Responsibility For Yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ipd10YKMgg&feature=youtu.be

Many blessings 1ht

NyctophiliaRaven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!

Postby NyctophiliaRaven » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:54 am

I see people have moved to talking about shielding.

Here's the thing about empaths that even most empaths don't know.

Your auras are HUGE. Like, fill an entire house HUGE. You've learned to live inside other people, usually out of sheer defense. Almost all empaths are empaths due to lengthy trauma... so they learn to push their aura out to such a distance that they are ALWAYS PREPARED. It's a survival mechanism.

I've yet to meet an empath who DIDN'T have an aura that invaded everyone else's space.

So shielding often doesn't work. If you shield your aura, but your aura is still large enough that other people are still INSIDE it, then you've shielded them inside with you.

The solution to empathy being so overwhelming is to work to pull your aura back into your original personal space. Because your aura is so large, you have issues with boundaries. You don't have them. That allows for you to be constantly overwhelmed psychically, mentally, emotionally.

The first boundary you must set is your own. It's hard work to reel in your aura, but it's worth it. Then, when you need to, you can push it out to "taste" people and/or environments, but when you're done, you can pull back in, cleanse (dump the toxins), and shield... REALLY shield, and just be alone in your head again.

Trust me... Get your aura under control, and being an empath will no longer be a curse.

-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

lori67k
neophyte
neophyte

Postby lori67k » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 am

Thank you NyctophiliaRaven for sharing this knowledge and you make a good point.... but if you're only trying to shield your aura and not your 3 bodies with a light bubble wall of protection than yes; empath's can find themselves struggling and pulling in others energies as if it their own

Thanks for sharing; I'd forgotten about that possibility since I don't shield or turn down only my aura; I go many steps further than that so that thought completely escaped me to mentioning that, lol

It is also noteworthy to add that our auras are in constant change and are shifting continually which is why (ideally) empaths do not want to do only an aura shield for those shifts within our aura space being in constant motion and changes; shielding just the aura space can actually do the empath greater harm or serve to deeply confuse an empath when that type of shielding fails in the long haul, because the awareness of this constant shifting is often not recognized and taken into account; therefore a 3-body shielding (along with aura shielding), protecting and a thorough energy cleansing is best to help with that

We empaths need to take time for ourselves everyday and every chance we get, we often forget to do that or are not aware we can (and should) do that; make ourselves the highest priority, first and foremost :) wonderful advice hon; thanks

Many blessings 1ht

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

Postby Aurum » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:26 pm

NyctophiliaRaven wrote:I see people have moved to talking about shielding.

Here's the thing about empaths that even most empaths don't know.

Your auras are HUGE. Like, fill an entire house HUGE. You've learned to live inside other people, usually out of sheer defense. Almost all empaths are empaths due to lengthy trauma... so they learn to push their aura out to such a distance that they are ALWAYS PREPARED. It's a survival mechanism.

I've yet to meet an empath who DIDN'T have an aura that invaded everyone else's space.

So shielding often doesn't work. If you shield your aura, but your aura is still large enough that other people are still INSIDE it, then you've shielded them inside with you.

The solution to empathy being so overwhelming is to work to pull your aura back into your original personal space. Because your aura is so large, you have issues with boundaries. You don't have them. That allows for you to be constantly overwhelmed psychically, mentally, emotionally.

The first boundary you must set is your own. It's hard work to reel in your aura, but it's worth it. Then, when you need to, you can push it out to "taste" people and/or environments, but when you're done, you can pull back in, cleanse (dump the toxins), and shield... REALLY shield, and just be alone in your head again.

Trust me... Get your aura under control, and being an empath will no longer be a curse.

-Raven

This was very interesting information. Since I have recently discovered that I am probably an empath like many of my ancestors seemed to be I have been thinking about empathy in general a lot. I seem to tick most of the boxed but I don't think I have ever been overwhelmed by somebody's emotions, I'm not really the type of a person who gets overwhelmed anyway. So perhaps I have my aura in control, and that prevents it. Hmmm.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Postby Likes2Read » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:52 pm

I hadn't thought of whether my aura was extending way farther out than it needed to be, but that's a surefire way to start perceiving unexpected energies that the aura is unwittingly touching. There might be times when I need to extend sensitivity out to an especially wide diameter, but those times are not 24/7/365.

My shields, in the case of hyper-extended aura, will be leaving a lot of aura hanging out, since I mentally picture the shield in the size and shape of illustrations in C. W. Leadbeater's book, Man: Visible and Invisible. An image on this page is from that book: http://blavatskyarchives.com/leadbeaterbib.htm

A shield like that would still filter out unwanted, intrusive energies from reaching the core, but any fringes left unprotected will still pick up a lot of external stuff. I will have to remember to energetically "suck in my gut" ;) and get the aura to a manageable size, THEN shield. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files. Visit my MP link (on the profile under my userID) for the spelled items that Etsy deemed too hot to handle! :) I look forward to seeing you there!

Return to “lori67k”