You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black (Chaos) Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaida Lestrange
Zodiac:

I suppose I should start with this. I have a real name, and a true name. I don't like my real name so please by all means call me Kaida.

I know my status says I'm new to spirit keeping but this isn't entirely accurate. While I've only heard of spirit keeping an hour ago, I think I've been keeping a particularly powerful spirit with me for almost my entire life (especially as my powers developed as a teenager). I thought she was an alternate personality like so many others, but she is different than anything my mind could conjure on its own. She is just too real to me. She's not just a story I can manipulate or a faction of my mind left repressed. She's different.

Also, she is a dragon. I thought I should mention that. She takes several forms (humanoid mostly), but she is most definitely a dragon. Her energy is in a constant state of chaos, and takes over on rare occasions. She can even alter nightmares and protect me from other spirits when I sleep. She wasn't always good to me, as she seemed to be directly affected by my internal darkness and forced me to confront it by embodying it herself, but now she is my most loyal friend, and I couldn't imagine life without her. I call her Shadow mostly, but her name is Z.

She is absolutey massive in her true form, I mean an eye, I imagine, would be the size of two story house. It's pretty overwhelming to witness even in my minds eye but I'm used to it. She has black/ blue scales and violet eyes. I could go on about her appearance but... I have so many questions about other things.

The reality of her existence was always unquestionable despite how illogical it seemed. Empaths who felt my energy immediately drew back if and when she decided to take over during this process, and without saying a word about it each of them described an intense, sharp, electric energy. She seems to be so connected to me that she lost most of her memory from before we connected. She stays in my mind constantly (not that I'm complaining, and neither is she, but when she isn't directly interacting with me she lives in my subconscious rather than a different plane. Then again, my mind visually consists of many different planes I created on my own so there's no lack of room I suppose)

I've been trying to find answers for a long time. Why I'm only just now finding this forum, I'm not sure, but I would love to hear your thoughts. I can't exactly tell you what it is I'm looking for. I guess it's as much for my own understanding of her as it is her own grasp of identity. It's hard to tell where I end and she begins at times, and yet I'm sure she is an entirely separate being. She's just integrated so intricately into my own being that we are at this point inseparable.

If anyone sees this, even a small word of encouragement would be wonderful. This is my first time posting here and I don't usually talk about this sort of thing. (If you can't tell by my rambling I'm beyond nervous, but my curiosity and thirst for knowledge actually trumps anxiety for once)

Thank you again for taking your time with this. I appreciate everything you have done here with this site and I hope to grow spiritually through this familiar yet newfound path.

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Hello and welcome, Kaida. :D

For safety's sake, I would recommend editing your post and taking out the dragon's name. It's strongly encouraged never to share the full name of your spirits, as this is technically an "open" forum and someone could potentially use that information against you and/or your spirit.

That said, it sounds like you have a wonderful, incredible companion in Z. I have several dragons in my Keep, and I understand your feelings. They are very much a part of us. You're not alone in this. 1hg It's even possible you may have some dragon or dragonrider in your bloodline, and Z. has been tasked with helping you to find your way onto a path that will help you realize the inherent potential in your roots. If you're interested in exploring that, CH does readings of that nature.

There are many of us here who have current and past life connections to dragons, and you may find some answers to questions you didn't know you had if you take the opportunity to take a look around.

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey and discoveries that await you. :D

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Kaida Zephyris
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Oh! Thanks! As soon as I figure out how to edit my posts I will do so. Thinking back it makes sense to keep it sacred.

I actually would love to get a reading done. I don't have the money right now though. Also, what category would it go under? I didn't see anything for dragons ^~^'

Also, if I may ask, the dragons you are bonded to... What are they like? I've never met anyone with an even remotely similar situation before, so I'm rather curious :)

Currently Known Spirits in my Keep: Chaos Dragon Female (Alias: Shadow)

There are others in my Keep, either currently unidentifiable or still under the guise of personalities. Still soul-searching!
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

I took care of it for you Kaida(I'm a Moderator).

Be aware that regular members(black names) may only edit their posts for a few minutes after posting then they are "set" if you will. The button to do so is with the others on the right side of every post(looks like a stylus). I don't think new members can because of the post approval wait process.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Kaida Zephyris
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Ah! Thank you, Rave! I'll bear that in mind here on

There are others in my Keep, either currently unidentifiable or still under the guise of personalities. Still soul-searching!
CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor

Kaida Zephyris wrote:Oh! Thanks! As soon as I figure out how to edit my posts I will do so. Thinking back it makes sense to keep it sacred.

I actually would love to get a reading done. I don't have the money right now though. Also, what category would it go under? I didn't see anything for dragons ^~^'

Also, if I may ask, the dragons you are bonded to... What are they like? I've never met anyone with an even remotely similar situation before, so I'm rather curious :)
Come to think of it, I didn't see anything in that category either. *strokes imaginary chinbeard* I imagine this one would probably do the trick, or maybe this one. You can always make an account and put it on your wishlist for later. :D

My dragons are absolute dolls. :D I have quite a few. My Eclipse dragon (P.) is very playful and enjoys making little nebula swirls in incense smoke, my blue is a total lovebug who seems to be glued to P.'s side, my Master Spirit is a Divine dragon (black/gold hybrid) who is a bit on the reserved side but does a great job of helping keep my Keep in order and maintain a semblance of organization in the household. I have several variations of Chinese dragons as well, and they are much like my Master Spirit -- reserved, quite business-oriented, and very polite. I have others as well, but that's just to give you an idea.

If you have any questions about a specific type of dragon in my keep, I'm happy to answer whatever questions I can.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Kaida Zephyris
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Oh, wow! They sound so beautiful! I have always held a deep awe and sense of respect for dragons since I was a child. I believed they existed for almost as long as I was taught to believe in angels. Each of them already sound like they possess such colorful personalities!

I heavily considered purposefully bringing in a new addition to the spiritual family (favorably of the draconic nature) but Shadow seems off put by it. She's not telling me no, per se, but she's been a pretty solItaly soul. Warm heart and cold shoulder, you know?

I had an aura reader tell me her aura appeared pure black when she first came around which was definitely unheard of for humans. She was also wrathful beyond the point of understanding at that time. I definitely take her as a Dark Arts spirit, all things considered. Now that I've earned her respect, though, I doubt I'll ever find a more fierce guardian protector.

Sorry again for the rambling, I don't get to talk about this much. I just have so much to ask and now that I am here I'm not sure what to ask!

I suppose I should start with basics. So, do you find that dragons have specific affinities based on personality, color, etc?

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor

Ha, yes! When I was a kid in school, I actually did a paper theorizing on why dragons were real (using examples from history, various cultures spanning all the continents but not yet having interacted with those other cultures having iconic imagery of dragons along with other "natural" animals, etc.). My teacher called it a "well researched piece of bunk" and gave me an A. LOL

There's nothing wrong with Dark Arts--it's simply a matter of having the choice to do right or wrong/good or evil. Of course, some Dark Arts beings choose a little more wrong than right... :lol:

If Shadow does not approve, perhaps it is the type of spirit you were thinking of adding to your Keep? She might not be keen on the idea of bringing another dragon into the home, but what about an Arkan Sonney? A Gryphon? A unicorn? An elf? Etc.

Each dragon is very much an individual, though you'll find some things hold true for most of a specific race of dragon across the boards. I'm assuming that Shadow might be some flavor of black dragon. However, that seems... off to me. I don't think she's a black, exactly. I'm thinking something else, though I can't quite put my finger on it, and I also don't want to break any board rules by "reading" your spirit for you. You might ask her if she can guide you to finding her race so you can learn more about her associations, or just ask her to help you fill in the blanks. If that doesn't work, you can send in a ticket to CH support and ask for some assistance to figure that out.

Once you know her race, you can check for it in the CH encyclopedia. It's a little bare bones at times, but the articles in it should help you have a better understanding of various associations and acceptable offerings.

Kaida Zephyris
new here
new here
Zodiac:

That's just it, too! She doesn't align to any particular draconic race I've read about here. No elemental alignment (save for an obvious affinity for raw plasmic energy and her love of the night itself). I'm by no means asking for a reading but again I appreciate your time!

I think her worry is both out of my best interest and caution towards threats in her authority. She won't stand to be anything less than equal, THAT I learned first-hand haha!

She has a soft spot for smaller, light hearted spirits with good intentions. She's very protective so that kind of personality compliments her own beautifully. I've caught glimpses of this with children I've met. She won't interact with them directly but she just beams with this brilliant energy I rarely get to see from her. I am particularly interested at Enac(?) Dragons. I'd have to get to know his or her personality before anything, but... That seems like a good fit in my very humble and inexperienced opinion

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Your story sounds very similar to someone else I know outside the Spirit Keeping community; in his case, his 'dragon companion' basically split him off from the dragon's own soul to steer the human body they ended up being incarnated in, so the dragon could get a better understanding of humans, and they'll most likely end up reintegrating into one soul after the body dies. Not saying that's your situation, but just relating a similar thing I've heard; it's not even a common situation in the otherkin community.

In terms of getting to know your dragon companion, it's really best to find out directly from the source (ie: asking them). I personally find CH's information on dragons to be... biased to a particular way of viewing dragons and mostly details the limited races CH personally works with, and I work with a lot of dragons who fall well outside of the "color = abilities = personality = other generic associations" trap.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”