Trying to understand Deja vu patterns

carl9010234
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male

From what I understand, Deja vu usually occurs semi rarely for most humans. I have noted that it happens semi common for me though (roughly once a month or so). I have also noticed that in times of stress it becomes much more common (roughly once to twice a day during the stress period(usually two ish weeks)). However, I have come across a new case: 4-5 times in the past day with little to no stress. For me deja vu usually stays within these patterns, so I am curious if anyone else has experienced these patterns or has theories of what may cause them to form.

I guess that I had better define Magick. One definition is:
The art or science of causing change to occur in conformity to Will.
-Aleister Crowley
Lacuna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Adam Sandler
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lacuna
Zodiac:

Since I first noticed it happening in primary school, I've been trying to figure out where the initial thought of that future moment came from. I'm leaning to it coming from dreams, but also that some events might be related to your destiny or fate.

Of course, there's the theory that it occurs when a memory goes directly to long-term memory instead of short-term and is recalled, causing you to remember that you've seen this before, even though it's only just happening.

Jump through the mirror, leave fear behind.
carl9010234
neophyte
neophyte

chemseraph wrote:Since I first noticed it happening in primary school, I've been trying to figure out where the initial thought of that future moment came from. I'm leaning to it coming from dreams, but also that some events might be related to your destiny or fate.

Of course, there's the theory that it occurs when a memory goes directly to long-term memory instead of short-term and is recalled, causing you to remember that you've seen this before, even though it's only just happening.
Interesting theory. I've been experiencing them since I was 4 or 5. Having a memory go straight to long term memory would make sense for some of them. However I do recall having fragments of "odd memories" since a young age, and sometimes these events would play out +/- a decade later.

As I recall, I get about half of them when I'm sleeping & the other half while awake. However the chemical in your brain (DMT) that assists dreaming is mostly released at night, but can be released during the day in trance-like states(which would also make sense for these events being triggered day or night).

As for fate/destiny, that is a bit harder to gauge. Most of the events I've foreseen seem fairly inconsequential, however there are very few that I have foreseen and purposely forced to not happen as to avoid some quite unfortunate circumstances. From this I am unsure if it follows fate(seeing something to cause a choice), goes against fate(go against what I see), created a new timeline, or if this life has been lived before but not all traces of it gone(make different choices on "2nd playthrough").

Either way, it gives me something interesting to think about.

I guess that I had better define Magick. One definition is:
The art or science of causing change to occur in conformity to Will.
-Aleister Crowley

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”