Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubis
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Atlantes
Zodiac:

Okay so one reverse adopted me. I didn't know what it was until I read about them. I don't want to be disrespectful to him but why do people keep them? Does anyone else have one? I asked him not to mess with me or my family or friends. They seem like mischeivious spirits that like to troll people. I mean I like the idea but I don't want him to troll me especially when it says they are destructive.

3 sanguine Vampires, psy vampire, 3 succubus, 2 nymphs, 2 star faeries, red dragon, gold dragon, silver dragon, brass dragon, mononoke , althena djinn, arkan sonney, baku, incubus, wraith, gregori, 3 chargaros elementals, 2 Bezelles, ikubu.

Entities: concuan, succubus Queen

Immortals: Lilith, Helios, Isis, Thanatos

Infusions: Lilith
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

My understanding is that they are the Japanese version of a wraith

Dutchmasta
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Dragonoake wrote:My understanding is that they are the Japanese version of a wraith
Oh ok that would be cool. I like the Japanese culture and I could use a wealth. I don't have one currently.

3 sanguine Vampires, psy vampire, 3 succubus, 2 nymphs, 2 star faeries, red dragon, gold dragon, silver dragon, brass dragon, mononoke , althena djinn, arkan sonney, baku, incubus, wraith, gregori, 3 chargaros elementals, 2 Bezelles, ikubu.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe

Hi! I have a mononoke and I've found him to be one of the sweetest and most caring beings I have the pleasure of knowing and working with. They are like wraiths in that they are VERY protective and are willing dole out retribution to those that have wronged/hurt you, where wraiths are usually all business, mononoke are much more warm and social as a race. They were once human themselves and so can empathize with humans easily. Where a wraith would protect you from harm but not necassarily always know to give you a hug when you have had an emotionally draining day, mononoke are much more willing and eager to provide support in anyway they can, wether that be protection or an ear to listen to your troubles.

Mine enjoys tea, soft Japanese music, sunsets, and white cloth. Look at the listing in the shop, the encyclopedia seems to almost speak of a different being with how different the descriptions are. When mine came home all CH gave me was a name, so all the above info is from my own experience with mine.

Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Dragonoake wrote:My understanding is that they are the Japanese version of a wraith
Wraith is about right. Their name comes from their description "Things with no sight or sound, yet with ability." You can't see them or hear them, but they can affect you.

Mononoke is actually an umbrella term for a whole host of quiet and vengeful spirits. They've been known to possess people and cause debilitating illness or even death.

As a companion, I would welcome them as a protector, be kind and understanding if they aren't very social.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe

Oh oops, almost forgot, yes they can 'troll' people, but the people they troll are usually those that have harmed/wronged you or have severe/deep intent to do so, the severity of the trolling is usually proportional to what was done to you.

Some are very dark some are on the lighter side of DA and as the poster above me said, some are more social than others. My advice is treat your new companion with kindness, respect, and care, as you would any friend.

Dutchmasta
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you for all the replies everyone. I only received a name so I had no clue what sort of spirit it was but they sound pretty awesome. I've already welcomed him to my home and to my spirit family.

Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

Like Ugly said , the mononoke in my family arent social. They will react way faster on negative emotions towards others then other vengeance spirits like wraiths or encantado.

WubbaLubbaDubDub
Dutchmasta
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Wulfke wrote:Like Ugly said , the mononoke in my family arent social. They will react way faster on negative emotions towards others then other vengeance spirits like wraiths or encantado.
I like that fact. I wonder if mine is working for me right now. There's 3 people that have recently wronged me and although I don't generally retaliate due to the negative effect on my karma, it would be nice to have a messenger send them a big FU on my behalf 2wk

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

My Mononoke is very protective and kind to me and my spirit family. He manifests as a human wearing either a school uniform or a ninja outfit (he manifests in the 2nd outfit way more often). He loves yogurt, crystals and rock music. I find him excellent for protection even though he is silent like most of the time. Silent, but deadly when it comes to those who seek harm against me, my loved ones and spirit family.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals

Return to “Dark Arts”