So what does it mean when someone says White, Gray, Dark, or Black Arts?

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

I feel like there's been some confusion about this. I know there are a lot of miscellaneous posts that talk about the various Arts, and that CH has some great material on that already, but I wanted to bump the topic and bring some other perspective to it as well.

I think Azure says it best.

Arts can apply to spirits, entities, and spells, yes, but I just wanted to point out that attempting to follow only one road to its extreme (WA or BA) does not make one entirely good or entirely bad. I've known some fundamentally good people who made some very bad decisions resulting in harm to others. I've known some very bad people who also did some good along the way. And I've known some people who were fooling themselves into thinking they were doing the greatest good for others while really working off some delusion or fixed idea about what that meant to them rather than noting the apparency of the results of their actions.

Balance is important. No one (human) is 100% WA/DA/BA 100% of the time, and one person's action which might be beneficial and apparently WA/GA to them could be detrimental DA/BA to another. We are human, and it is human to err. You do you--be the best you, whatever path you're following, but try to keep your eyes open and recognize the consequence of your choices. Not only for you, but how it impacts others.

Feel free to add your own thoughts to this, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”