You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 99
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Hestia
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello my lovelies!

I am thinking of getting my mom a couple of courtwind Angels in addition to Ash and Mags Protection Against Disaster binding.

My mom is unaware of the spirit world and would be completely against it (even angels) as she is highly religious, but she has had quite a few hardships (losing my dad back in 2011, losing my aunt/her younger sister back in 2013, and a few weeks ago she got laid off) so I'm thinking protection is in order. I will also be getting her the blow the competition out of the water binding and the get the job you want spell.

If I bridge her angels to me, will I be able to advise them on my mom since she won't be actively bonding with them? Also it's my first Christmas with my spirit family (yay!), can I invite them to celebrate or will they only listen to my mom? Any advice is appreciated!

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
Artemisia
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hi flying fish,

Bridge them to your mother, but keep the vessels hidden, but put your concerns in the notes.

The perfect pairs will come through and work their magick behind the scenes without the requirement of interaction, as they will learn from your mother's thoughts/emotions what she needs.

You can do the invocations and further explain the situation to them, if it will make you feel better. These beings are very intelligent and are not limited by human shortcomings and emotional baggage, etc.

They will still do what is required from them and since they're coming to aid your mother specifically, there shouldn't be a problem.

I hope this helps. :)

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmmh, you might need to contact the conjurer first. Some would consider that binding spirits to someone without their consent or who doesn't want to keep spirit is unethical : /

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

DIVA_AT_LARGE wrote:Hi flying fish,

Bridge them to your mother, but keep the vessels hidden, but put your concerns in the notes.

The perfect pairs will come through and work their magick behind the scenes without the requirement of interaction, as they will learn from your mother's thoughts/emotions what she needs.

You can do the invocations and further explain the situation to them, if it will make you feel better. These beings are very intelligent and are not limited by human shortcomings and emotional baggage, etc.

They will still do what is required from them and since they're coming to aid your mother specifically, there shouldn't be a problem.

I hope this helps. :)
Hi Diva *waves*

Do you think I should have the angels bound to my mother's spirit and bridged to me? Or have them as my angels and bridged to her so they can help her that way?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:Mmmh, you might need to contact the conjurer first. Some would consider that binding spirits to someone without their consent or who doesn't want to keep spirit is unethical : /
Well the conjurers are Ash and Magnolia. I definetly dont want to be unethical I'm just trying to help my mother.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

It does seem to be a bit of a grey area, if she has flat out said spirits make her uncomfortable I wouldn't do it, instead I would bond with a spirit then task them to help her out. Otherwise, I would have the spirit cross-bridged to her and be the one to do the primary bonding and interacting. But, I wouldn't bind a spirit to her without her consent.

Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

doom_star898 wrote:It does seem to be a bit of a grey area, if she has flat out said spirits make her uncomfortable I wouldn't do it, instead I would bond with a spirit then task them to help her out. Otherwise, I would have the spirit cross-bridged to her and be the one to do the primary bonding and interacting. But, I wouldn't bind a spirit to her without her consent.
I hear you. That's a shame, she would really benefit from spirits but I would be mad too if this was done to me without my consent. I think I will just get more courtwind for myself and bridge them to her . That seems to be the best thing to do. Thank you everyone!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

doom_star898 wrote: Otherwise, I would have the spirit cross-bridged to her and be the one to do the primary bonding and interacting.
Yep, cross-bridging is one of the options : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

It isn’t ethical to do this. You haven’t asked her permission and she expressly already said no. It isn’t fair to her, despite your good intentions.

You cannot force someone to become better through what you feel is best for them. What if she did the same thing to you according to her religion? It would be very upsetting for you. Please do not do this, I strongly recommend against it.

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

as sweet of an idea it is, i must agree with heypanda.
i do think the idea of just getting your own angel companions and sometimes tasking them to watch over her would work out without it really being unethical, however.

Return to “Angels”