Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello.

Not sure if this is in the right section.

My mother recently started to put on her Buddhist Chants music. While she doesn't know I do Spirit Keeping, will this bother my spirits? I haven't ask them yet as she's still in the room, but the way she describes her putting on the chanting music is "To keep bad things away (misfortune.)"

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong topic : /

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 99
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Hestia
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

Hmmm...I don't think chanting (religious or not) would hurt your spirits. Only magical words with intent behind them can bind or banish spirits. Are your spirits white arts or dark arts?

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
Zodiac:

Flyingfish90 wrote:Hmmm...I don't think chanting (religious or not) would hurt your spirits. Only magical words with intent behind them can bind or banish spirits. Are your spirits white arts or dark arts?
They are mainly White Arts. A few a Dark Arts.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Nope it will not affect negatively, if anything it will open you up to the magic of meditation and manifestation.

However, there are some Arabic chants that can disturb your djinns. Though not sure if it's because it's religious or magical.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “Spirit Keeping”