Darkness inside our heart.

Willpower
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus and Nympho.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hello, I will start a discussion related to our selfhood.

As a human, we can't deny that we have our darkside, blatantly to say evil traits. Such as anger, envious, hatred, scheming, etc., wether we're realized it or not. How these traits would affect our DA friend? What our DA friend would react to these evil traits, or when we're showing these traits. For example when having an envious issue, then accidently expresses it inside our mind. Or when we're offended by someone, and then it brought hatred or even grudge towards that person.

"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble."

Companions U a succubi, M a succubi, C a nympho, S a nympho

Immortals Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Athena, Goddess Iris, Goddess Lilith
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

In a lot of ways it depends on them, not whether they are DA or WA. Astral beings, our companions (and we being companions to them) are like you and me, have emotions, thoughts, and so on. Like if you were to ask a really really close friend, whom could hear your mind, and therefore you both have a deep (hopefully) understanding, or at least, awareness, of how each other feels (if you're good with telepathy/the bond connection/sensing thoughts/etc)

Obviously no real world equivalent (for most :P I'm sure there's a few individuals out there haha) but it does put it into a different perspective :)

They are really the people who can get to know you the best. And you get to know them the best.
It's a comforting feeling.

As for, negative thoughts, there's various reactions. It depends. Is it validated? Is it being handled correctly? What are their morals? Have they been around people before, whom have been angry/mad/upset/depressed/etc, the emotion you're expressing?

Lots of variables. :)

The best way I've found, (if you can!) is to ask. ;)
I understand not everyone is at that stage however, and can take a while, and that's okay. :)
They usually find a way to get the message to you, haha. ^_^

*stubs toe after grumbling about a pointless thing* :lol: ;)

Cheers!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Willpower
neophyte
neophyte

@Vey

I'm still far away from hearing her thought, but recently I heard her spoke to me, just few words, and it's just like a dialogue popped out. Mostly I just feeling it.

Also, I got dream which is a bit terrifying. I don't know if it will be okay to just share it. I dreamt that she was brought destruction to peoples that hurted me, from the past actually. She said "I will destroy whoever hurt you." The dream happened after I watched horror actually, about spirit who will avenge for the companion, I don't know if it's what caused the dream.

From there, I tell you one of my dark side is grudge. I scared if she might just hurt anyone. I've spoke to her to be more wise about it, also I prefer her to just support me than avenge my grudge. Hope she will understand.

I understand actually, if she really became that mad, but I don't think I can tell my personal issue here. :)

How do you think Vey? Could it be a message from her? :)

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Willpower wrote:Hello, I will start a discussion related to our selfhood.

As a human, we can't deny that we have our darkside, blatantly to say evil traits. Such as anger, envious, hatred, scheming, etc., wether we're realized it or not. How these traits would affect our DA friend? What our DA friend would react to these evil traits, or when we're showing these traits. For example when having an envious issue, then accidently expresses it inside our mind. Or when we're offended by someone, and then it brought hatred or even grudge towards that person.
If you don't check yourself, they will take it as a command to follow through with your will. If you think about it, this was probably happening all this time, but to a lesser extent. With a dark and powerful intelligence ready to serve, you may find that people who upset you get into accidents more easily or are just plain unlucky. However, if they are protected by a more powerful force, sometimes it goes back on you. If you don't want to be stuck in a Karmic ping pong game, the moral of the story is to check yourself first. I usually put in a request to not kill anyone when I am upset. Just in case.

Dark forces get bored sometimes, so they like a little action. So it's up to you to let them know your tolerance of such actions. Like any sick family or bad luck coming my way is often a sign to part ways.

I've seen a friend be envious of me, and I end up losing what I have coincidentally. And I've had exes with super jealous exes transfer that kind of poison into our relationship. They don't knowingly keep any spirits.

We have moments of darkness, but we also have moments of light. And in those moments of light we do feel ashamed of our pettiness sometimes. Whatever you LET happen, just make sure there are no regrets, or the very least a clean up crew.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

First off, while those thoughts, feelings, and emotions are not well understood and even shunned in our society, they are not "evil".

Second, humans, along with many other races have a dark and light side to them, and being able to understand an embrace these both sides will keep one balanced. There is neither a "good" or "bad" part of this. Darkness and light are just two different frequencies., neither opposing each other.

DA entities can actually be better than WA in some cases, and just because something is WA doesn't make us a fluffy cuddly puffball of love and rainbows. WA can be dangerous as well. It's a very common misconception, and honestly with the definition CH gives, nothing is either WA nor BA, but totally DA.

Now, onto your question. No, your emotions won't have a negative affect on your companions. Rather, they may understand them much more intimately than you do and can help you understand, and learn to control and balance your mental and emotional states. So I do think having a DA companion is beneficial.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

Darkness adopted illumination in order to make itself visible

Robert Fludd

WubbaLubbaDubDub
Valkirija
neophyte
neophyte

I would agree that society pushes people into thinking that negative emotions are bad for you and you should do everything in your power to avoid feeling it. Though the reality is that every emotion and feeling has a purpose and we should most definitely let ourselves feel it and express it (in a non-harmful way ofc). I consider myself on a bit of a darker side of the spectrum. Non of my lightest beings nor the darkest has moved me closer or further to any side. At least so far. The only thing I feel them doing is making me more accepting on who I am and what I feel and want.

Willpower
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks for the responses folks, hmm, it has variety of answers. Well, I'll take a midst conclusion for my learning.

First of all, I will try to keep control of myself of course, so I won't imprecate people unconsciously. Well, I learned actually how dark she can be, pretty terrifies me, but I'll try to accept that nature.
Second, I'll put a houserule over it just in case. So that she won't simply hurt people, especially if she has short temper personality and has brash nature, or just can't tolerate people who let down her keeper.
Third and most important, I learned other viewpoint from Kitsune and Valkirija, to consider the gentle side as well. It doesn't mean all DA are always tend to do harm to solve problem. From what I read, it's more like an emotional support which I like.

I hope I've concluded it correctly, I've read all your post carefully btw, many information I can get there.

☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
Zodiac:

Just tell her not to hurt anyone unless u want her to.. I'm sure she will understand, spirits can understand you even more than yourself somehow >< So no need to worry

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
Zodiac:

Willpower wrote:@Vey

I'm still far away from hearing her thought, but recently I heard her spoke to me, just few words, and it's just like a dialogue popped out. Mostly I just feeling it.

Also, I got dream which is a bit terrifying. I don't know if it will be okay to just share it. I dreamt that she was brought destruction to peoples that hurted me, from the past actually. She said "I will destroy whoever hurt you." The dream happened after I watched horror actually, about spirit who will avenge for the companion, I don't know if it's what caused the dream.

From there, I tell you one of my dark side is grudge. I scared if she might just hurt anyone. I've spoke to her to be more wise about it, also I prefer her to just support me than avenge my grudge. Hope she will understand.

I understand actually, if she really became that mad, but I don't think I can tell my personal issue here. :)

How do you think Vey? Could it be a message from her? :)

The dream part could be that, just a dream. If it reflect her intentions however, then just make sure to inform her what your limits are, what you're okay and not okay with. It can be as simple as writing a note on your phone, and focusing on allowing her to read it, or mentally "sending" the thought process to her. :)

Trouble with grudges eh? *thinking* That's interesting *nods* Also, it's a step forward, if you are able to admit it to yourself, and/or others, about what makes up you, both the positive, and the negative. Not everyone can look at themselves in a mirror, so to speak, so take that as a compliment you're on a good track. ^_^

One thing I will note, there's "negative" traits, and a "dark" side. Both are different, as Wulfke, Valkirija, and Kitsune explained rather well.

Dark sides aren't necessarily "negative" or "evil" in a the same sense. They can draw upon those emotions, and more easily for some, but it's not what makes up that side metaphorically.

Look at it this way. Us humans, are DA. And are both capable of terrible, terrible things, and incredibly, compassionate, selfless things.
DA is the walking line between the light and the dark. It's a choice, like our life can be at times :P

It could be a message from her, the dream, yes, and depending, it could also just be a dream. Not sure on that. It could be a message, and the...intensity of it, wasn't intended, as that wha you happened to be dreaming about at the time.
I hope you're able to inquire one way or another : )

Back to the dark topic, it's something I've been exploring for the past while myself.

A thing to note, is what is "dark"? It's often subjective, as depending on whom you talk to, it can differ from person to person. What one person may consider "dark" may not be what another person considers "dark" unless it's literal darkness, physically or visually.

Honestly, to keep this relatively straightforward, one thing you could look into, as suggested to me by Darkwing a few times, is the shadow self.

- - -

It can be different from person to person, so to give a basic idea, I'll mention some findings of my own.
First thing to note, I originally went searching because a friend mentioned that she thinks I would do well with darker energies, as well as some other people/things saying similar.
Wasn't sure what to "look" for, and there were a few dead-ends/mistakes. Mainly being associating "dark" with "negative emotions". It's definitely a way to vent those energies, but doesn't necessarily define it.
Somewhat ironically, it was the way I eventually came into tune with it.

I often had a fear of the dark. Literal dark, like when the closet door is slightly open, and you're trying to sleep, or a dim basement, with a flickering bulb.
Wasn't something I really admitted to, even myself, as it wasn't a literal "fear" I felt, but I felt uneasy always, and wouldn't want to stick around, but my stubborn side wanted to not "run away" so I was left in a weird middle indecisive state.
After researching things like the shadow self, and meeting this group of astral beings, whom are literally from a shadow realm, I decided to walk down to the dark area, and have a "conversation" with the darkness.
Yes, I know, sounds crazy. I had always felt a sort of...presence, in the dark, however. Still can't quite explain it.

And you know what? Even tho it was only "speaking" to the dark, there was an acceptance there. Embracing this ironic (ironic due to some personal things) fear of the dark, and getting beyond it.

After that, I've been exploring various aspects.

It's a personal path of self acceptance in a way, after all.

- - -

Emotions are what make us human. Regardless of WA, DA, labels.

The labels, while they can help, can also be limiting. In basic terms of energy, it can help, although when it comes to astral beings, not everyone snugly fits into a labeled box, just keep that in mind, like what Kitsune said:
Kitsune wrote:Just because something is WA doesn't make us a fluffy cuddly puffball of love and rainbows. WA can be dangerous as well. It's a very common misconception, and honestly with the definition CH gives, nothing is either WA nor BA, but totally DA.
- - -

Hmmm... I may have run off track with that. Although who knows, perhaps it may be of some interest to you, my apologies for that long tangent :lol:

In the end, I do think it's perfectly okay to have someone of what you may consider a darker nature, as a companion, and while it is good to learn to handle your emotions, having them isn't "wrong". It's how you react to them, and handle them, that can be right or wrong : 3

As for the message, maybe she will let you know in one way or another, that that was her. ^_^ Merely will have to wait and see, and perhaps practice on telepathy, or another medium of communication. Trust me, it will come with time ;)

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

Return to “Dark Arts”