THE HANDS RESIST HIM... A HAUNTED PAINTING

A glimpse into the investigations of the paranormal

What do you think? Is this painting really haunted?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 26
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

http://www.stonehamstudios.com/haunted.html

There have been a few investigations into this painting... I'll give you that the painting is certainly creepy and some other sites mangle the original with spooky photoshop effects but what is your overall impression of this "haunted" painting?

From Bill's site regarding the painting:

Where to begin? Well I've always had a connection to what Carl Jung called the collective unconscious. I think we all do. Artists, especially visual artists, are barometers for the currents which run through this collective. Dreams are a common experience people may have with this. Anyway, my own experience is a sensitivity to place– physical, geographical place. There are memories, echoes of all the life within a place. Maybe it's what's called channeling. When I painted the Hands Resist Him in 1972, I used an old photo of myself at age five in a Chicago apartment. The hands are the 'other lives.' The glass door, that thin veil between waking and dreaming. The girl/doll is the imagined companion, or guide through this realm.

Both the owner of the Gallery where 'Hands' was displayed and the Los Angeles Times art critic who reviewed my show were dead within a year of the show.

I'm sure it was coincidence, but some of what I paint resonates in other people, opening the inner door, or basement. By the way, I still have no idea what happened to the character actor who bought the painting at the show (editor note: it was John Marley, who died in 1984), or how it ended up abandoned in a building, though I could speculate. - Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
fang1
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My magical/paranormal name...: Alia

something seems very strange with the boy

fang1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My magical/paranormal name...: Alia

can we have an undecided vote, as for haunted i don't know but as i said something is creepy with the pic of the boy

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Maybe the artist is some kind of witch and doesn't know it. I suppose when you are painting, it's sort of like practicing magic. You kind of get yourself in trance and sort of let that other realm open doors. Sometimes our abilities go on auto pilot when we are using our creative brain.

Very X-files. :alien:

"Man is what he sees in other people."
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

I agree with fang. Something seems off with the boy. I think whatever spirits or entities that were present when he painted it attached themselves to it. Perhaps it became a portal, esp. if all those people died after being in contact with it.

I would not buy it for anything.

sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor

I think there is something a little odd about it but I don't feel like there's anything attached to it. It actually seems to me that there is a lack about it. Like something is missing. Don't know what though...

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I agree, something strange with the boy
I felt nauseated looking at it..
and that little boy from "Pet Cemetary" came to mind :thought:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
FeyLady
neophyte
neophyte

I remember when this was first on eBay. Definitely a creepy painting and to have it around would I'm sure be strange to the point that I might not be able to be around it... I believe energies can be captured in paintings definitely.

There's something fascinating about the hands... and I've always felt drawn to them in an odd way... like they're communicating and I want to understand what they're saying.

However, I don't like the boy he seems malicious... the orb/moon symbol above him/it's like he uses the power of that in a way he shouldn't... and I feel the girl/doll is more innocent and is scared and definitely doesn't want to be there... also: what's going on over her head? I know it's a latch on the door plus a hand but it also seems to add an odd atmosphere over her head... not sure.

Plus the old windows... that old glass like you see in old buildings... that just amplifies everything. :ghost2:

Make any sense?

:ghost: :frankenstein:

Best wishes!
FeyLady

Spirit of the Earth, remember
Spirit of the Sky, remember
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

...... I got shivers, that is one of the most creepiest paintings I have ever seen. I don't know if it is haunted, but it certainly gives off a bad vibe just by it's looks. Seriously, that boy seems.... odd and very scary. Maybe because it gives off such an emotion, it has collected a lot of peoples energies.... or something, idk. That is, if there is something paranormal about it at all.

Image Image

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

The image in and of itself is creepy and haunting, but as for haunted, I don't know.

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!

Return to “Investigations”