Creepy thing I saw as a kid... what was it?

Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 8
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I was pretty dumb when I was 13. Long story short, me and some friends played with an unprotected pendulum, asking it semi-serious questions and a few ridiculous ones. It was obviously a bad idea. After that, we would hear walking around the living room when we were in the basement (no one was there but us). One time my sister's Ozzy poster, (which used to be nailed to the closet door) was on the floor, halfway underneath the door and halfway in the closet. All of the nails were across the room and bent in half.

Anyway, I saw a very dark figure once, staring at me from the bathroom. It was big and black. It was so real but oddly two dimensional. I had just woken up and rubbed my eyes, thinking my mom put up some big piece of black paper. It had shiny eyes, like pennies. It was otherwise all black, totally unmoving. It (roughly) looked like something crouching, but it may have very well have just had an odd shape to it (kind of like an arrowhead shape). I was in my bed as I stared at it. My mom went into the bathroom and she walked right past it several times not seeing it. It continued to stare at me. Then my mom closed the door to take a shower and I was very confused and disturbed. When she opened the door again, the thing was gone. Almost 6 years later and I still wonder what that thing was exactly.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mm shadow people, maybe?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

The above is probably the best answer.

Also see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks for your replies. I think youre right.

As a kid I lived in a haunted house and would also see shadow cat figures. I don't know if they are related or not. They would imitate my "real" cats but their features were elongated or distorted (usually longer ears or tall legs), and they had no visible face. They would walk into the shadows, and disappear. Kind of odd

Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

It could have been anything, really. When you hear about 'shadow people', there can be a lot of varying opinions. Many people assume them to be shades of the deceased, and this can be the case a lot of the time, but the truth is that ANY spirit that has an etheric imprint can appear as a shadow. Normally, human beings cannot perceive non-corporeal beings, but when we enter a very specific state of mind (generally occurring within the twilight between dreaming and wakefulness) we can perceive them. This perception is still imperfect, so we perceive a black silhouette without any of the details. Both my faerie and my naga have appeared to me in this way.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

hm... that's interesting. Thanks for the insight. Whatever it was didn't seem nice nor inherently bad. It felt like a big animal staring at me. Kinda creepy that it was watching me sleep though.
I can speculate on what it was and what it wanted but I guess I'll never know the whole truth.

[cue X Files end credits]

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”