Is the Middle Ages Catholic deity the same as the 'modern' one or different?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Any opinions here? Compare these to the modern version for example to the modern versions of prayer. He seemed to lean closer to deities like Nemesis more than the modern interpretation which advocates 'turning the other cheek' more in attitude, are there any chances of them being different deities or still the same? He also seemed to be a more militaristic interpretation, and people who 'worked' with them believed in concepts like 'fighting' or resisting negativity to 'remove' it in order to prevent it from troubling them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc7-8ZwMILk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I'm interested in knowing or finding out because he was one of the first deities I was interested in if different from the 'modern' variant. The first 'light path' deity/immortal I was drawn to besides. Seemed outright what you would call 'a badass' and capable of providing security. Or if not is it just an aspect of him?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I think the actual Deity is eternal. Our perception of said Deity may have evolved and (I hope) matured over the centuries, but I believe the actual God in question is infinite and eternal. We humans, one hopes, have changed and upgraded our understanding of the Divine as time has passed, but that doesn't necessarily reflect changes to the actual Deity.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I think the actual Deity is eternal. Our perception of said Deity may have evolved and (I hope) matured over the centuries, but I believe the actual God in question is infinite and eternal. We humans, one hopes, have changed and upgraded our understanding of the Divine as time has passed, but that doesn't necessarily reflect changes to the actual Deity.
I do know from looking up on this that in the past older group of people who were right hand path had a reputation for being more 'asserting' throughout hundreds of years (With many conquerors or soldiers on their side in the physical bringing wealth/numbers/publicity to the right hand path).

This was until reforms like Vatican II I heard which not only affected the religion it was based on, but the way other right hand paths operated since they took some inspiration from them.

Were followers of this path more fierce due to needing to deal with constant evil/threats they faced whether from humans or other beings?

Return to “Immortals”