Sources on 'Unicorns' in the paranormal?

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

https://www.wickandtallow.com/blogs/new ... n-scotland

"A man, who wishes to remain anonymous, has spoken out about seeing a unicorn roaming the highland area near to Wick in Caithness, Scotland. It is not the first time such claims have been made, although it is a first for northern Scotland and comes in the wake of a Unicorn Lair being proclaimed to exist within North Korea that was backed up by spurious photographic evidence last year. The man was out hiking near to the Castle of Old Wick when he spied what he described as a unicorn, saying it was "basically a horse with a horn, I could nae believe it". He did not manage to get a photograph but locals say that his sighting is the talk of the town, indeed it seems that it was all anyone was talking about when we visited the Crown Bar on Wick's High Street yesterday evening.

It didn't stay in sight for long and was last described as cantering off in the direction of Loch Hempriggs to the south of the town. It is expected that this sighting will lure many to Wick to try and sight the magical creature of lore, with some saying that they hoped Wick would benefit from those wanting to come and try their hand at spotting the unicorn, in a similar way that Loch Ness has become a haven for fanatics to try and spot the as yet unfound but much sought after Loch Ness Monster. Gerry MacLaughlin, landlord of The Alexander Bain in Market Place has suggested setting up a "unicorn safari" to ride the wave of anticipated interest in the area.

The man did have one piece of advice for those wanting to find the creature, which was that they shouldn't go looking for it. He believes it came to him precisely because he wasn't specifically searching for it and that in that way it was able to trust him. Unicorn sightings are few and far between, and have in the past been confused with viewings of the extremely rare asala, an Asian animal that has two horns rather than one and is more akin to an antelope than a horse or zebra. Recent unicorn sightings have been proclaimed in Canada and North Korea, although historically there have been many more throughout Asia in China and India, with the oldest recorded sighting by Adam in the Garden of Eden."

Interesting extract from this article: http://www.unicornsrule.com/are-unicorns-real/

"The first and foremost thing to consider with unicorns is their “magical” powers. It has been widely documented that unicorns have the faculty to render themselves, and other forest creatures, invisible to human eyes in the forest they protect. Unicorns are only visible to men if they so desire.

Since science is not yet able to explain the extraordinary abilities of real life unicorns, and how they are able to render themselves and other creatures invisible to man (which makes scientific study of unicorns extremely difficult, science having a hard time studying things it doesn’t have the means to detect yet). We can only hope that scientific progress in years to come will allow it to detect and study this amazing animal, furthering our knowledge. In the meantime we can rely on a huge quantity of literature and accounts, real unicorn sightings, and pictures of real unicorns that exist."

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

oh, so we should find some virgins and then go searching for unicorns in Scotland? Which virgin volunteers? :p

But honestly, I went to the Cathedral to ask for St Anthony to help me find out the truth... cause some things on this forum totally put my whole world upside down. I may or may not have found the answer to the question I wanted to be answered, but lately I've been thinking about the ending of Atlantis.

It's very much possible those things aren't even related, or that I'm overthinking, but... you know when they talk about Atlantis, everyone keeps telling about how supernatural beings lived in harmony with the human race. I'm thinking that Atlantis was destroyed by the Gods, because we became to powerfull... ( kinda Tower of Babel/The Arc of Noah). Maybe we became so powerfull cause we were united with the supernatural beings. So when Atlantis was destroyed, maybe the Gods prevented us from getting united ever again, by putting up a barrier between those supernatural beings and Humankind.
I don't know maybe they made earth hollow, just for this reason. They banned all those supernatural beings to inside the earth, and humankind is walking upon the crust of the Earth, so we are divived.
And maybe just like humans think vampires aren't real, maybe vampires do think humans aren't real.
But a reason for the fact that some supernatural beings may get to the crust of the Earth, is thanks to those deep caves they walked out, and into our world, were as the people who went investigating if there is something magical, happened to walk inside the earth, and couldn't return?
Maybe there is such a hole in the UK, cause those green children is a story told in the UK right?

That would count as a reason why no matter how many stories go around about unicorns ( like really over a thousand and more), mermaids, vampires, yeti's, loch ness Monster, etc... human kind is never able to confirm it.
Not the unicorns, not the vampires, not the werewolves, not the dragons do some magical tricks so we never see them, but the Gods work some magical tricks that divide our species from the Supernatural.

So really, in all honesty I don't think unicorns are living on some other planet or plane or got extinct or whatever. They are living on the same Earth as us... but we just are divived. It's not the Church ( build out of humans) who destroyed them. It's the Gods who manipulated human kind, to see unicorns and other supernatural beings as something evil and demonic, so we would stay away from them.

Cause ... we all go like:' Oh no, they aren't real' or go like;' They are real, but on another planet/plane/dimension,' or we go like:' But they are real, and living here!' to ' They are extinct thanks to the Church!' and to:' But I saw a unicorn/ I found a horn of a unicorn' -> ' oh, no the dude totally got insane,' or ' Did you take a photo of it, no, well you're just telling lies, obviously'.

Now I'm talking about unicorns, but if you think about it, this same conversation goes for every other Supernatural species we know off. And I don't think we can ignore the fact that once we lived together in harmony, and now ... we are seriously divided. Human alike, and humans with supernatural beings alike. And knowing we as humans are already so powerfull to rule over the natural world, those supernatural beings are probably more or equally powerfull... so put us together and you get the new Gods. And we all know our Gods aren't happy to share. Because we are made in their image... and do we want to share, no. We destroy and make war on each other to become the top dog.

So, honestly, there are a million sources out there for unicorns. Will we all find them, no. Because I truly do believe the Gods would not let us. But if we want to find a supernatural being, should we be able to do so? Yes, if you don't have over a thousand followers, the Gods would probably be okay with it. So, if you want to go to Scotland and investigate the lead, you would be able to do so.

I'm already pretty sure that many will go against me by this comment, because that's just the way it should be. I'm not trying to become a God, or wishing for Human Kind to become Gods. I'm happy with the fact that the Gods take all responsibilty.

So with that, if you find a virgin to volunteer, I'm happy to lead the search :D I would like to visit Scotland again so.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.

Return to “Folklore & Legends”