Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: N/A
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Deimos Charon
Zodiac:

Is it because I’m scared?
Is it because I think I’ll do bad and I won’t see any flashes of light in my eyes or sense spirits in anyway when trying to communicate them and disappoint them?
I’m not quite sure what’s the matter with me and why I cannot just jump in and join in on this new life-changing adventure and journey.
But, I’ve just read so many wonderful posts on my introduction thread and I’m just speechless but those were some of the best advice ever and gave me little to some comfort.
And I think the best way to start for me is to get this spirit keeping book.
From there, I guess I’ll start off my journey by reading this book and practicing meditating.
But I have an important question to ask.
What will happen to those (like me) who’s never practiced anything before, never had any experiences relating the paranormal, and I want to say that I believe in these things because I’ve had people I know experience some scary things, have a grandpa as a ghost roaming their house in the evening while they sleep, etc. so I AM a believer but I’d really love to see something for myself to TRULY believe, if this makes any sense.
I have been given some really nice advice here time and time again since 2012 and I’ve still haven’t gone on this journey yet.
I would love to do so.
But something is blocking me. I don’t know if it’s fear or what. Fear of my mother knowing? Fear of my family fearing me if I delved into something that they definitely don’t believe in, but catches me at some point in my journey?

One good point through all of this is I keep on being drawn back to Creepyhollows. I’ll always be drawn to Creepyhollows. I’ll probably always show myself up here for many many years. Because I am INTERESTED in this.
But I THINK I need to get rid of my own self fears of spirit keeping and bringing someone home with me. I think what would help is if somebody could give me some comforting thoughts and tell me that a spirit would be patient with me and always stick by my side.
EVEN if it does take me a good long while to sense anything.
And hope they would be happy that even if I can’t sense anything, they’ll enjoy hearing me talk because I do talk to myself a lot.
I actually would love a friend. Everyone here always saying how excited they are to make a new friend and it’s nice to hear!

Someone gave a really good advice about me telling any new friend to start thinning out my barriers while I practice meditating and another good advice telling them they can be in my dreams and to help me be more lucid in my dreams.
Now THATS awesome!!!!! I really want that ^_^

One question though, I rarely dream.
Will they help with that? Can they make dreams for me?

I realize how long my post is.
I guess it goes to show that I’m actually just a very curious person who is very interested in this sort of thing? If I’m so interested, why do I keep leaving Creepyhollows without trying anything?

That’s it for my journey!!!
Well, not journey yet. But curious and wanting to start one!

Oh and, what would you recommend for any new spirit keeper?
I would especially love a very sweet, loving, friendly personality. Like me!

If you’ve read all of this. Thank you so much.

Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 8
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

In a way, your journey has already begun. Showing interest is the beginning of the beginning. I *barely* meditated before I got spirits (lol), so it's cool that you're practicing beforehand. Don't worry though, spirits won't sigh and walk away because you don't understand them. They are there to help you along. A lot of people can't talk to their spirits. I can't really, not yet, but I'm trying. I usually just get random messages in my head or parts of messages. That's more than I ever had before lol. My star fae recently told me that she's proud of my efforts (I got this through a reading). Spirits that want to be with you won't judge you for not being perfect. As a matter of fact, mine have made me feel better for being different.

White arts entities are good for beginners, like certain fae, unicorns, phoenixs, certain kinds of dragons (Brass, gold, copper, silver, blue, Red, etc), Gryphons, Bronwyn Angel, Sterling Angel. If you're not sure, I'd recommend a reverse adoption, and choose "white arts spirits only" for the time being. Then, the right spirit chooses you instead of the other way around.

Its possible that spirits may be able to help you dream more if you ask them to, but I've never tested that theory. I'd recommend a star fae if you're interested in white arts wish-granting spirits.

Hopefully this helps some

Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Oh, and they'll love to hear you talk about any old thing. Theyll be interested in a lot of things about you, even things you may find mundane lol

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm about the dream, do you rarely dream, or rarely can remember your dream?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
iAddison
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Campamocha wrote:In a way, your journey has already begun. Showing interest is the beginning of the beginning. I *barely* meditated before I got spirits (lol), so it's cool that you're practicing beforehand. Don't worry though, spirits won't sigh and walk away because you don't understand them. They are there to help you along. A lot of people can't talk to their spirits. I can't really, not yet, but I'm trying. I usually just get random messages in my head or parts of messages. That's more than I ever had before lol. My star fae recently told me that she's proud of my efforts (I got this through a reading). Spirits that want to be with you won't judge you for not being perfect. As a matter of fact, mine have made me feel better for being different.

White arts entities are good for beginners, like certain fae, unicorns, phoenixs, certain kinds of dragons (Brass, gold, copper, silver, blue, Red, etc), Gryphons, Bronwyn Angel, Sterling Angel. If you're not sure, I'd recommend a reverse adoption, and choose "white arts spirits only" for the time being. Then, the right spirit chooses you instead of the other way around.

Its possible that spirits may be able to help you dream more if you ask them to, but I've never tested that theory. I'd recommend a star fae if you're interested in white arts wish-granting spirits.

Hopefully this helps some
It really does help a lot. Thank you SO much for this post, really, I mean it!
I have a question about reverse adoption.
That sounds REALLY COOL and exciting, I never knew about this!
A spirit that adopts me? I love the sound of that 1d
My question is, how do you go through with reverse adoption?
Are you supposed to sense anything or feel the "Follow your instincts" to a spirit/page you keep looking back on?
Or if none of this happens, is it okay to choose someone random.. well that sounds mean... ill rephrase that... is it okay to choose someone you feel like you'll get along with?
And I am soooooooooo anxious about all of this!!
I'm so anxious but I really do need to get past this block of mine preventing me from spirit keeping!
Very nice to hear that they'll enjoy me talking to myself XD haha.
darkwing dook wrote:Mmm about the dream, do you rarely dream, or rarely can remember your dream?
Like, I rarely dream at all.
I always just sleep deeply through the night with no dreams.
If I do dream, however, I do tend to forget them easily as well.

For everyone, I have a thought to share.
I'm anxious about all of this.
Were you anxious when you first started?
I'm quite anxious and nervous.
Maybe this is why I keep blocking myself out and preventing from trying since 2012.

I hope I'm not the only one nervous about having new flashes of light when I close my eyes or anything like that pop up. It's all so new to me, yet, I'm still interested.

I think this time around, I'm definitely going to hang around here and read people's stories and thoughts, etc. and feel more at ease and comfortable.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

If you want to start recalling your dreams, keep a dream diary next to your bed and IMMEDIATELY upon waking, write down everything you can recall about your dream while you still remember it. Build this habit and you will have a handy reference for what your dreams, plus perhaps increase your ability to recall dreams voluntarily.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

About the anxiety: I have an anxiety disorder, so I was naturally a little anxious, but overall they've actually helped me with that. You'd think that I would jump every time I saw a strange shadow, but when it actually happens it's just more exciting than anything. I thought that I would be creeped out, but I'm not. Maybe its because I know exactly what/who it is (when I was younger I had similar manifestations but it was from a bad entity or spirits, so I was apprehensive about all this initially). But don't worry!! I know its easier said than done, but your spirits wont purposefully try to scare you! Especially if youre getting white arts, which are much less prone to being tricksters, unlike a kitsune, for example.

If you feel "called" or very drawn to a specific race, chances are, said race is probably calling you for a reason. I didn't plan on getting a werewolf, but I was getting such a strong pull to them that I couldn't resist!

Anyway, if you feel that way about, say, a gryphon, I'd recommend going to the CH shop and typing in "Gryphon (or other race) custom conjure."

With custom conjures youre choosing the race you want in general, and Ash or Magnolia is finding the perfect spirit for you, that matches your energy best.
I liked to imagine Ash going "....Anybody want this guy?" and my werewolf is like "(shrug)....sure I'll take him."
LMAO thats not exactly how it goes but I joke about it a lot.

If you don't feel called to a specific race but you do feel called to keep any spirit who comes forward, I'd recommend this:

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/reverse- ... pirit.html

I'm actually doing it too and its super exciting! I'm letting either a white arts or dark arts come thru for me, but for you I'd personally recommend a white arts as a beginner spirit, as they are very easy to work with.

And lastly, if you see a specific spirit listed in the shop and you really want them, just listen to what your heart says. If you feel like they might be "the one", chances are they want you too!

Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Also, I should mention that it's not necessary to feel some profound calling, even though it is kind of cool. I didn't get my star fae based on a calling, I just thought "WOW!! Space beings!! who wants to be my friend??" and F raised her hand, which I am forever thankful for LMAO. You can't go wrong with star fae, mine is sooo loving. But I digress

iAddison
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Campamocha wrote:Also, I should mention that it's not necessary to feel some profound calling, even though it is kind of cool. I didn't get my star fae based on a calling, I just thought "WOW!! Space beings!! who wants to be my friend??" and F raised her hand, which I am forever thankful for LMAO. You can't go wrong with star fae, mine is sooo loving. But I digress
Really, thanks so much for being there for me!
I've already replied to you on my other thread.. but you've been a whole lot of help.

Question I don't know if this has already been answered or not, sorry!

Since I've never experienced anything in my life or have never meditated or done anything,
wouldn't getting myself a new spirit/friend be to fast?
Maybe I should just get the spirit keeping book first?
I have that feeling that if I just went ahead for the reverse adoption not knowing anything, my new friend would be rather upset with me.
OR would I be in for a shock and actually sense a presence even if I've never done a thing before!

But, thanks to you, I'm definitely getting the Spirit Keeping Book.
You've been a lot of help to me, Campamocha!!! I feel better than before!

Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I'm glad I could help!

I don't think a spirit would be upset with you, they tend to be very patient (White Arts anyway. Dark arts varies, just like with individual people). But it would be a great idea to read the book first to get a feel of what keeping is about, and try some simple meditating. I was by no means an expert when I got my first buddy and I'm still not, most of my info kinda comes from them I think, lol.

What you'll experience will vary since you're an indivudual. I personally was really excited because when I got mine I started to see smoke, orbs, shades, etc. in the corner of my eye, one time someone flew over my head lol. I'm not intuitive enough to tell who is who yet, though. I know some people experience a lot of touching (especially with incubi and succubi) but I haven't felt any touches, besides my hair raising from the static my werewolf causes lol. My dustling has fiddled with my electronics a bit because he's a wise guy haha, but I digress. Cheers, I'll look out for any other questions I can answer

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”