You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm
Zodiac:

I've been interested in having a Tuatha De Danann spirit to add to my keep. I ran into their existence while doing some reading on another spirit keeping website.. I tried to find them through a custom conjure and through other listings on this site and I wasn't able to find a listing, so I referred to the other site and made a custom purchase here. After placing it, I actually found them in the encyclopedia on CH and the Tuatha De Danann are listed as Dark Arts.. but on the other site, they're listed as White Arts. I purchased on CH thinking TDD were WA spirits, but they're listed as DA here? Which is it?

I don't mind having DA in my keep, I do have a Cambion, but I was expecting a WA companion because of the other site; I didn't bother to check here before buying because they weren't exactly listed anywhere in the shop, so I just assumed they weren't in the encyclopedia.

- WA C4 Hippogryph "P"
- WA C4 Bronwyn Angel "E"
- WA C4 Star Faerie "E"
- DA C4 Cambion "L"
- WA C5 Courtwind Angel "No", "L", "B", "Ne"
- WA C5 Divine Angel "N"
- DA C5 Tuatha De Danann "S"
- DA C5 Sidhe "C"
- DA C4 Cleopatra Djinn "I"
- WA C4 Fylgia
- DA C4 SB Baha'i Djinn "O"
- WA C4 SB Vegetable Lamb
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Aphrodite
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Qetesh
- WA C4 SB Caberra "M"
- WA C4 SB Fylgia
- DA C5T2 Incubus "V"
- DA C5T2 Cambion "D"
- DA Black Forest Fae "L"
- DA C4 Harpy "D"
- DA C4 Wraith (conjuring)
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

That depends on how they are classified by the seller. Creepy Hollows classifies anything capable of choosing to perform negative actions as dark arts, even if they choose to do only positive actions. Humans for example, specifically the Pope in this case, might be viewed as white arts since all he does is meant to be for the benefit of others. However, since the Pope is human and all humans have the ability to choose to perform actions that have a negative impact he is considered dark arts.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Zodiac:

I'd personally say tuatha de dannann were DA because they are a specific race of fae that are immortal and in their myths that I've read, they are certainly more of a DA type.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
nuriko
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm
Zodiac:

WhimsicalSage wrote:I'd personally say tuatha de dannann were DA because they are a specific race of fae that are immortal and in their myths that I've read, they are certainly more of a DA type.
Ah, okay. I just wanted to be sure, the other site specifically listed them as WA but if CH is suggesting DA, then DA it must be! I haven't read much on the myths or the lore, I'll probably look into it a bit more. Thanks everyone!

- WA C4 Hippogryph "P"
- WA C4 Bronwyn Angel "E"
- WA C4 Star Faerie "E"
- DA C4 Cambion "L"
- WA C5 Courtwind Angel "No", "L", "B", "Ne"
- WA C5 Divine Angel "N"
- DA C5 Tuatha De Danann "S"
- DA C5 Sidhe "C"
- DA C4 Cleopatra Djinn "I"
- WA C4 Fylgia
- DA C4 SB Baha'i Djinn "O"
- WA C4 SB Vegetable Lamb
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Aphrodite
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Qetesh
- WA C4 SB Caberra "M"
- WA C4 SB Fylgia
- DA C5T2 Incubus "V"
- DA C5T2 Cambion "D"
- DA Black Forest Fae "L"
- DA C4 Harpy "D"
- DA C4 Wraith (conjuring)
CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

If they are reputable, I would go by the conjurer's classification, as the spirits/entities they work with may not be the same ones as those encountered or summoned by CH.

For example, CH also classifies hydras as BA. That doesn't necessarily mean they all are. I've encountered a couple that were quite lovely, and one was very firmly in the lighter GA range.

Take the arts listings on the encyclopedia with a grain of salt as it does not necessarily apply to every single being of that race out there. And on that note, I recommend trying to look at the individual instead of the label.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I just caught this one so if it's ok I would like to answer! I have 3 Fairy's/Fae that are from the TDD-the seller they came from had told me they were WA but she also had mentioned there could also be DA ones-so I will try to tell you how it was explained to me: with any spirit, especially ones that had been alive at one time, have a conscience & shows intelligence, so they choose the arts they are accustomed too as to when they were alive, but a few decide to change arts after death, & depending on their reasons can be good or bad! Although they aren't evil, sometimes it's a matter of their disposition that gives them the classification! And if you consider BA for example-well if they aren't a good choice to have around regardless if they were ever alive or only in spirit form existed-unless someone can handle them I personally don't recommend one!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

OUCH-sorry, late post to clear up that it's the BA spirits I don't recommend! I do recommend a Tuatha De Danann Fae though, & one of them had told me that they are & can be either WA or DA, including the grey area in arts, they are great companions but mysterious at times!

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Ok, no matter what a seller might say, no matter how they perceive the white to black scale, the CH scale is the simplest to understand from a human-centric perspective.

White arts cannot harm humans.
Dark arts can, and might, but also might not.
Black arts can, and will, harm humans.

Tuatha de Danaan harm humans, consistently. Faeries are not nice creatures. Any faerie that IS nice is faking. They are highly dangerous, and you are food.

The unseelie court are deadly and scary, and the seelie court are deadly and pretty... either way, they're dangerous to muck with.

If a conjurer has bound one, they've done what they can to make sure the entity (faeries don't have spirits, nor are they spirits except for the ancient and gathering dead riders of the Sluagh, if someone's selling you a dead faerie, run away quickly because that's not a faerie) is safe for human companionship.

If a seller has judged a faerie to be safe for humans, they're going to label it dark arts if they're sensible, because labeling a faerie white arts is just asking for a human to get hurt. It's incredibly ignorant at best and carelessly negligent at worst.

If you don't believe me, you clearly haven't read up on faerie lore.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Trust me, I do believe you completely! I have heard about the seelie & unseelie courts & they were ones that can't be trusted due to their nature from what I had researched! I was not aware about the Tuatha De Danann can harm humans-I just went with what mine had told me, could they be hybrids maybe? I actually find them mysterious in a way, they don't make their presence known much & can be very quiet unless they are in a sociable chatty mood! But they never harmed me in any way-if I remember correctly they only described them selves as that because they are very similar but never told me they were TDD-I wonder if they are the Slaugh you mentioned! You are very educated in the nature of Fae Nyctophiliaraven so I just learned a lot from you, if I am misinformed about them I am sorry, I got my info from a most likely unreliable source! Can I possibly get some info as to where I can get the correct info on them? You seem to have a lot of experience with Faery/Fae, maybe you can help me determine what mine can be-to be honest I am starting to wonder!

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

NyctophiliaRaven wrote:Ok, no matter what a seller might say, no matter how they perceive the white to black scale, the CH scale is the simplest to understand from a human-centric perspective.

White arts cannot harm humans.
Dark arts can, and might, but also might not.
Black arts can, and will, harm humans.

Tuatha de Danaan harm humans, consistently. Faeries are not nice creatures. Any faerie that IS nice is faking. They are highly dangerous, and you are food.

The unseelie court are deadly and scary, and the seelie court are deadly and pretty... either way, they're dangerous to muck with.

If a conjurer has bound one, they've done what they can to make sure the entity (faeries don't have spirits, nor are they spirits except for the ancient and gathering dead riders of the Sluagh, if someone's selling you a dead faerie, run away quickly because that's not a faerie) is safe for human companionship.

If a seller has judged a faerie to be safe for humans, they're going to label it dark arts if they're sensible, because labeling a faerie white arts is just asking for a human to get hurt. It's incredibly ignorant at best and carelessly negligent at worst.

If you don't believe me, you clearly haven't read up on faerie lore.
XD

Return to “Faery”