Got some really hard news today :(

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

We got some really hard news today. My cat, whose presumed 14th birthday will be next month, was diagnosed with cancer.

He presented with a loss of appetite and a bloated belly. Bloodwork, imaging, and a physical exam showed that he has fluid in his abdomen. Other causes of fluid in the abdomen, issues with kidneys, liver, or heart, were all ruled out via blood tests and the physical exam. That leaves one other explanation, and it's an answer we didn't want.

Captain is on palliative care, with anti-nausea and appetite stimulant meds. Right now, he's himself, and the meds they gave him at the vet's today perked him up. He ate half a can of cat food for them, and was looking for more, so we gave him more food when we got home.

I don't know how much time we have left, but I'm going to see to it that he has the maximum amount of quality time that we can achieve.

But I really, really hate that our innocent furbabies have to deal with the same blasted diseases as we humans get. It's just not fair. :(

So please send some prayers and healing energies in our direction.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

:candle: Sending healing energies

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thanks!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

I'm so sorry. ☹️

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

The anti-nausea and appetite stimulating pills did help him rally. He has had a string of really good days.

But now his appetite's off again. We have an appointment in the morning. I am going to have a heart-to-heart talk with the vet about what his prognosis is. If there are other ways to get him to rally again and have more quality time, I am open to it. But if we are out of options for attaining more quality time, I want to know that, too. I will do right by my kitty. But this is breaking my heart. Every pet person on here can understand how it hurts to be at this particular crossroads.

I wish our innocent pets never had to go through these things. All they do is make the world a better place by being in it.

But for now, he's purring on the sofa next to me, so I will revel in that.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this issue. Maybe you can get some good news tomorrow and have more quality time with him before you have to give him the final act of mercy.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thanks.

Unfortunately, when we went to the vet this morning, it became clear that we were right at the beginning of what was going to be the final decline. Though he was still alert, he was getting lethargic, his appetite was mostly gone, and he was showing signs of anemia (pale gums, paw pads, and nose). He was dehydrated, as the fluid was collecting in his abdomen again. Analysis of the fluid drained from his abdomen last week showed a lot of white blood cells, so his immune system was compromised. There were no obvious cancer cells in the fluid, but the appearance of the fluid led my vet to believe lymphoma was the likely issue.

So what we were facing was a few days where lethargy and sickness would increase, discomfort would escalate until it became pain, and the few days remaining to him would see a swift deterioration. No amount of palliative care exists to prevent this from happening or reverse the symptoms.

So, knowing that the only option was to have a few increasingly bad days, I decided the only thing I could decide. I could not let him suffer.

But my heart is broken today. I will miss him forever.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

:( :( :( HUGS :( :( :(

Rexielle
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Many different kinds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

I am so very sorry for your loss. You gave him the mercy of a peaceful passing and though it is the hardest thing to decide, it really is a gift to skip days of suffering. Your friend will always be with you in your heart <3

Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.

My spirits I am working with this week: (A) Courtwind Angel, (A) English Psy Vampire, (B) Water Rabbit Spirit Guide, (J) Rosemary Elf, (M) Yurei, and (T) Karkadann Shifter
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I am so sorry for your loss & suffering! Losing a beloved pet & friend is never easy-I know, I have been there & I still mourn some days because I miss them-If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them, it's up to you!

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”