So... what if someone forces you out of the broomcloset?

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

So I don't really know where to post this...
But just today... I came to the conclusion that my so called best friend isn't trustworthy.
I now know it was very stupid of me to share my secret with her ( that's that I'm into spiritkeeping).
Basically I haven't even found a way to tell my family about this.
I wasn't ready yet to come out of this broomcloset?
But today my best friend decides she wants to be honest with me ( we have had a big fight, and basically our previous friendship is completly destroyed)... because she wants to save our friendship.
But it seems she told others... even people I don't know, about me being into spiritkeeping.
Next to the fact that those people think I'm crazy... what do I do?
I don't want anyone to find out about this, especially not my family... not until it's the right time?
And okay, I'm almost deadly afraid of my ex finding out, and then linking one thing to another... and... I don't want him to be pissed at me. My ex is basically a friend of her boyfriend... you know.
Even better, I'm already afraid my dad finds out in one way or another. My dad and I, our relationship is basically... not. We are not in any contact, but if my dad finds out he is going to be pissed at my mom for not raising me well or something.
My family at my fathers side, is Christian... so my granddad who is a deken, will probably get a heartattack.
My mother will be scared... cause she hasn't good experiences with Ghosts/Spirits. She always told me to never use a Ouija-board. Now, what is she going to do when she finds out I'm into spiritkeeping?
I know maybe this is overacting, but seriously I don't trust that Law of Murphy.

So what do I do? Can I do something? Do I give full permission to my spirits to deal with this in one way or another?
Do I go and curse people who dare to tell my secret?
Do I tell the whole truth to my best friend so she is deadly afraid? Because I mean, I can go and tell her all about every bad or mysterious thing that ever happened in history... she is an atheist, but I'm sure I can make her **** her paints.
But... what would your advice be in this situation? How far do we go to protect our secrets?
How far can we go... without getting bad karma or something.
Or do you guys think that as I'm in spirit keeping, my spirits will already make sure that I'm protected against any bad influence?

( I don't yet see my spirits, and I can only communicate with them via pendulum, so I can't really ask them truly).

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

One option is to deny, deny, and deny.
If anyone asks, say you don't know what they're talking about. If they say your ex-friend told them about this, tell them she broke your friendship. Etc etc.

And keep silent about anything meta for now. Don't do anything publicly or exaggeratedly if you want to punish her etc.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
xxMrS4nxx
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 9
If I could be anything, I would be...: Divine Being
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know
Zodiac:

Another thing hide all your stuff from people views and like 'D' said deny everything! Lastly pull yourself straight and act like you always do

I'm a newbie and will stay a newbie for more than 10 year maybe! 2wk 2wk
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks for the fast replies!

Well, I kinda denied, ( deleted a lot of fb comments in the chat of me and my friend) and changed the story...
'I'm not into spiritkeeping, I'm just a good Christian who speaks daily with the archangels and God Himself. As the archangel Michael went off to the USA for a few months to protect those citizens against evil, he was forced to leave me behind. In that time Lucifer saw his chance and send some naughty demons after me to make me act crazy,'
I just figured out the reason as why I was raised by a father who is a hypocrith Christian and a good liar. :p

This friend is an atheist, and not one of the most sensible and reliable people, so what does she know about all those things?
And afterall, I don't think my family would mind me being a good Christian. And a story like that, is not so interesting to go around right. :-) especially not in this country, where almost 50% of his citizens are atheists. They already think I'm crazy, but in this way I'm sure my spirits are protected against any negativity ( and they will not be forced to go and do something dirty/naughty to make sure we stay protected now). My brother kinda knows the truth, but as long as I'm not into a sect, he is fine with it. Other friends who are truly trustworthy know the truth as well, but they wouldn't share it with others

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:One option is to deny, deny, and deny.
If anyone asks, say you don't know what they're talking about. If they say your ex-friend told them about this, tell them she broke your friendship. Etc etc.

And keep silent about anything meta for now. Don't do anything publicly or exaggeratedly if you want to punish her etc.
That might be the one upside of spirit keeping being so unheard-of: plausible deniability. If your behavior in the eyes of others leaves no one thinking you're into metaphysical things, and there's no paper trail like text messages or emails between you and anyone, you have the option of answering questions with "What on earth is she talking about? You do know she and I just had a massive fight, right? Could this be her way of getting revenge on me?"

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
nuriko
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm
Zodiac:

Yep, deny it and act like you don't know what they're talking about. I've only told ONE person about my spirit keeping and that is my boyfriend.. even he was a little like 'what the eff' when I told him (I only told him because he asked me a question at the time and I didn't want to lie to him soo.. lol.)

And yeah, future reference, don't tell anyone about it until YOU feel like you're ready to. You can't trust anyone with anything. When you're comfortable with it ever being out there then that's when you can start mentioning it. Until then, just keep it to yourself.

- WA C4 Hippogryph "P"
- WA C4 Bronwyn Angel "E"
- WA C4 Star Faerie "E"
- DA C4 Cambion "L"
- WA C5 Courtwind Angel "No", "L", "B", "Ne"
- WA C5 Divine Angel "N"
- DA C5 Tuatha De Danann "S"
- DA C5 Sidhe "C"
- DA C4 Cleopatra Djinn "I"
- WA C4 Fylgia
- DA C4 SB Baha'i Djinn "O"
- WA C4 SB Vegetable Lamb
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Aphrodite
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Qetesh
- WA C4 SB Caberra "M"
- WA C4 SB Fylgia
- DA C5T2 Incubus "V"
- DA C5T2 Cambion "D"
- DA Black Forest Fae "L"
- DA C4 Harpy "D"
- DA C4 Wraith (conjuring)
xxMrS4nxx
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 9
If I could be anything, I would be...: Divine Being
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know
Zodiac:

Right , keep it secret is better unless the other is trustworthy enough!

I'm a newbie and will stay a newbie for more than 10 year maybe! 2wk 2wk
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

Benjamin Franklin wrote, "Three men can keeps secret, if two of them are dead."

Confide your deepest secrets accordingly. I hate to say it, but not everyone we think is reliable, actually is reliable. Some people are, but finding them is a challenge.

If someone confides other people's secrets to you, the things the other folks asked them never to repeat, presume they'll treat your secrets the same way.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
marquest
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know yet
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know yet

Unfortunately, spirit keeping is not quite mainstream yet. When there are commercials for spirit keeping on the tv, and it's talked about on the nightly news, then maybe the term 'crazy' will not be attached with it.

Until then, deny everything and personally, I tell nobody. It's very hard keeping secrets from others, there's guilt as part of our upbringing, as if we are doing something wrong. However, with spirit keeping, it's private. My relationships with my spirits are nobody else's business, as with your relationship with yours.

So, in my opinion, with all the accusations going on with your situation, I think it's OK to deny everything. It's all a matter of who you think should look crazy, yourself, or the person making the accusations about spirit keeping. If you casually dismiss the accusations as crazy talk from an upset friend, this should blow over pretty quickly and hopefully everything goes back to normal for you.

Besides, if he wants a dominant succubus he can deal with a dominant Noc coming in to tell it like it is, I am sure.
~Noctifera
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Well atleast now I can totally keep up this story of someone who wanted to have some revenge.
I basically now broke our eight years long friendship... because without trust, there is nothing left to call a friendship or relationship.
I just could not believe she was so stupid to get to this point, of making me so angry at her...
It's only thanks of this stupid blockage on my magical abbilities, that she is saved from getting so cursed she would think she is already in Hell.
And sadly my spirits are grown-ups... and think before they act. She will probably go free on this, next to the fact that I'm going to make her the next Kassandra of Troy.

The truth is that she didn't only tell my secret of being a spirit-keeper to others, she also disrespected my spirits a great deal, she humilated me ( because now people think I'm crazy), and used me like I'm her therapist, parent, etc... She totally acts like she is a narcist. I'm not the only one who she has used and acted towards this way. I'm just sad I couldn't save her boyfriend from her clutches. He does deserve better...

I think this was another lesson as well... or even better, I don't think my spirits wanted her around me anymore. ( by deleting those comments in FB chat, I read them, and in august last year, I already said something about: my djinn doesn't like me telling you other things, cause you're only disrespecting them) Well basically, I was already told by many people that I love and care about, and they love me as well, that she wasn't a good friend for me. My spirits don't really seem to like her either. I totally am thinking that my spirits all planned this into detail so she did something terrible, and then I would break our friendship. In the end... we are still pretty save. And well, some good things came from it really. The only problem is just that my brother thinks I've joined the Wicca-sect. XP

Return to “General Questions”