Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Greetings everyone!
A question has been recently pondering my mind, and having looked through the forums, I have not found a conclusive answer.
So here I am.

When it comes to conjuring, for those of you who do, (and for those of you who don't, I'm curious to hear what you think as well)
there's been this opinion, where "conjuring methods", or at the very least, the process that each conjuror has of conjuring, is in certain parts, private.
Whether it's the exact binding method, so that others can't copy them, or the process of interviewing, etc, there seems to be an aspect of it being a "trade secret" so that others can't simply ride off their methods.

So my question is. How much should you say?
When either asked to detail your conjuring, such as this thread:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic49544.html
Or when it's inquired as to how you do things,
How much should you say?

Me being me, I prefer to be a transparent sort of individual (no not a ghost you silly) and am comfortable detailing things, however I also do not wish to do something unwise, and thereby be taken advantage of.

So, I turn to the community for clarification and feedback. Seeing as how I'm opening up a shop of my own soon, (been working on it for several months now...)
(there seems to be a lot of shops opening up as of late, or is that just me? It seems weird almost, haha)
I'd like to know how much I should be okay revealing about my work, and how I do things.

I also would like to know what people's opinions are on some things. People say "conjure", but that's not a singular definition. There's multiple ways to do it, and I find that some are less common than others.
I personally do mine during my own astral projection/astral travels, not calling them to me, but rather I find them.
(Or at least most often anyways. Sometimes they are called to, and find me, or approach me during my astral travels, if I'm in a astral community that knows me as a conjuror)
What's your opinion on that?

And finally, I'd like to know if anyone has any inkling as to what a "magick mirror" is, other than most likely being a portal of some kind to conjure astral beings through, likely using a mirror.
The thread I linked to above notes;
A conjurer not familiar with the basic tools of conjuration (such as being able to erect a circle, or knowing what a magick mirror is).
However, I have looked it up on this forum, and haven't found any mention of it. Nor anyone I have asked, has a clue what it could be, beyond my own assumptions I've made myself.

The standards and methods that are associated with conjuring have changed since 2014, perhaps.
Whether it's "lowered" or it's simply changed and opened up with new knowledge, I can't tell.

But for example, someone like myself, who doesn't use "circles" or "portals" to call beings to me, I search them out myself, travelling astrally, I don't exactly need these "mirrors", as far as I'm aware. Or perhaps the name for them has changed.

Feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated.
If you're a conjuror with some rep yourself, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Well wishes, and may life always have your back.
(And the rest of you as well. Wouldn't want to only have your back safe. ;P )

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Since it will be obvious you're pretty new to conjuring and don't have a lot of experience behind you, the primary concern should be with components of your process which prove that you know what you're doing and are doing it responsibly. That you're qualified.

-Share aspects of any primary energy source used (so people know what they are getting involved with when they get involved with your work on a foundational level).
-Where you got your experience from/the resources that enable you to conjure (where and how did you learn? did a spirit teach you or did a flesh and blood human teach you, and if it's not obvious indicate how that source holds any weight to instruct a valid methodology).
-What tethers or bonds make you trustworthy to conduct this work.
-Any areas of magick you're familiar with, study or inspire you as this lends to how you probably conduct your work. It illustrates the nature of any grounded experience you have that may contribute to your technique.
-What abilities you have that make you able to verify your conjuration is accurate/correct.

Exact methodology is never necessary to share -- even if I knew your entire process, without those aforementioned details it would mean nothing.. I wouldn't have reason to trust you and hence --why would I care about your conjuring method or want to steal it etc? In the same vein therefore, as long as you can provide in essence those aforementioned details, and be transparent about your values and intent, then I can judge based on this if I want to trust your conjure and don't need to know anything else.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

I was always taught to be quite secretive with my ongoing working in regards to all forms of magic. I take the law of silence quite seriously. There are some things that people just don’t need to know.

With that said you are running a business now and it is there for your clients right to know what they are getting into.

memento mori
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote:Since it will be obvious you're pretty new to conjuring and don't have a lot of experience behind you, the primary concern should be with components of your process which prove that you know what you're doing and are doing it responsibly. That you're qualified.

-Share aspects of any primary energy source used (so people know what they are getting involved with when they get involved with your work on a foundational level).
-Where you got your experience from/the resources that enable you to conjure (where and how did you learn? did a spirit teach you or did a flesh and blood human teach you, and if it's not obvious indicate how that source holds any weight to instruct a valid methodology).
-What tethers or bonds make you trustworthy to conduct this work.
-Any areas of magick you're familiar with, study or inspire you as this lends to how you probably conduct your work. It illustrates the nature of any grounded experience you have that may contribute to your technique.
-What abilities you have that make you able to verify your conjuration is accurate/correct.

Exact methodology is never necessary to share -- even if I knew your entire process, without those aforementioned details it would mean nothing.. I wouldn't have reason to trust you and hence --why would I care about your conjuring method or want to steal it etc? In the same vein therefore, as long as you can provide in essence those aforementioned details, and be transparent about your values and intent, then I can judge based on this if I want to trust your conjure and don't need to know anything else.
Thank you for the feedback Noc, I appreciate it.
I shall keep those notes in mind, and answer them as clearly as possible in a thread (along with the ones mentioned in the above thread) for a Q&A, once the shop is up.

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
StormyTiger
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't pick just one!
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ruby
Zodiac:

Vey Nightshard wrote:Greetings everyone!
A question has been recently pondering my mind, and having looked through the forums, I have not found a conclusive answer.
So here I am.

When it comes to conjuring, for those of you who do, (and for those of you who don't, I'm curious to hear what you think as well)
there's been this opinion, where "conjuring methods", or at the very least, the process that each conjuror has of conjuring, is in certain parts, private.
Whether it's the exact binding method, so that others can't copy them, or the process of interviewing, etc, there seems to be an aspect of it being a "trade secret" so that others can't simply ride off their methods.

So my question is. How much should you say?
As a full-time professional conjurer/reader/witch, of course I don't explicitly share my methods when people ask. I am upfront and honest though, I'll happily share that my personal conjuring method is a modified circle that depends on the client's energy. But, I won't share details or specifics of my setup. A big reason for this is that my specific setup probably won't work for another individual. I took the time to create a conjuring ritual that suits my needs and style. What works for me as a conjurer won't work for every practitioner out there. A lot of people don't realize this but no two shops do things exactly the same way.

CONGRATS on opening a shop soon!! That is SO exciting. I love seeing new shops open up. I'll be sure to check it out sometime. 2lv I personally think your conjuring method sounds fine! As I said, everyone does it differently, if a non-traditional setup works best for you, then go for it.

Ruby of Cypress Star Spirits

Return to “General Questions”