Issue with fear of the dark, undead beings/spirits and windows at night when more open

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have an unresolved issue you see when I was more open and whenever I am as I used to be in subconscious think.

Basically lets say when I am most open say at night, I fear undead or evil beings manifesting in the dark, the possibility of an undead face pressed against my window appearing with bulgy eyes should I look at it.

Mentioned I came to the 'right' paranormal community kind of late and this was not resolved the last time before I got into more 'worldly' stuff.

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

You should ask yourself where that fear is coming from, it has to have an origin.
Can you remember the first time you felt this fear?
Do you just wanna find out the reason or resolve the issue?

Sometimes it's said that certain fears or phobias were brought from past lives e.g. fear of swimming because one drowned once, though I'm not sure if that's correct. At least from my personal belief, I couldn't link my fears back to another life. Maybe you had something trigger this in you when you're more open. The best method to get rid of a fear is confrontation in small doses. Of course this proves difficult in your case, but if you're scared of the dark, start of with this and try to endure a certain time in darkness and dare to look around. If you should see something, don't hide away, seeing isn't automatically harmful just creepy. Harder than it sounds for sure, you might wanna get some protection item or pendant to feel safer when doing this. It's really all I can say to this, it's my way of getting rid of fears.

heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Is it a good idea to close curtains and windows at night to prevent unbound beings coming in, in the first place? I would think closing windows was not necessary, but I saw an old post on here that said otherwise.

Can anyone answer that?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

MidnightMusings wrote:You should ask yourself where that fear is coming from, it has to have an origin.
Can you remember the first time you felt this fear?
Do you just wanna find out the reason or resolve the issue?

Sometimes it's said that certain fears or phobias were brought from past lives e.g. fear of swimming because one drowned once, though I'm not sure if that's correct. At least from my personal belief, I couldn't link my fears back to another life. Maybe you had something trigger this in you when you're more open. The best method to get rid of a fear is confrontation in small doses. Of course this proves difficult in your case, but if you're scared of the dark, start of with this and try to endure a certain time in darkness and dare to look around. If you should see something, don't hide away, seeing isn't automatically harmful just creepy. Harder than it sounds for sure, you might wanna get some protection item or pendant to feel safer when doing this. It's really all I can say to this, it's my way of getting rid of fears.
I think maybe at the very beginnings of since when I was alive, stories were told to me of bad beings or from one thing I remember where I ‘saw’ disturbing humanoid things in the dark in the shapes of coloured lights as green, red or blue reaching out to me.

When I was alot more ‘open’ than now I once took it so seriously that maybe a sole reason why I wanted to avoid sleeping too late was to avoid these bad beings. But then I ‘rationalised’ that night or day might not matter because somebody told me. Or that sleep/wake doesn’t matter in those times.

Ideally I want to both find out the issue and resolve it.

If you saw my post in the other thread I don’t know if this is connected to my relationship with ‘the undead’ and the dark: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic72505.html

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Maybe you have some connection to these undead beings, some resonance, maybe there's some part of yourself you're trying to deny.

When I was a child I was very much afraid of witches and all things relating to paranormal. Over the years the fear morphed into curiosity and I learned that I myself was a witch and deeply connected to paranormal. Perhaps it was all too much for a young child and I reacted with denial and fear.

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

ServantofJustice wrote:I think maybe at the very beginnings of since when I was alive, stories were told to me of bad beings or from one thing I remember where I ‘saw’ disturbing humanoid things in the dark in the shapes of coloured lights as green, red or blue reaching out to me.

When I was alot more ‘open’ than now I once took it so seriously that maybe a sole reason why I wanted to avoid sleeping too late was to avoid these bad beings. But then I ‘rationalised’ that night or day might not matter because somebody told me. Or that sleep/wake doesn’t matter in those times.

If you saw my post in the other thread I don’t know if this is connected to my relationship with ‘the undead’ and the dark: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic72505.html
I've seen this post. I would naturally say since you are researching these things a lot, basically connecting to some when you feel so tired, you descend into their world with your mind for a moment until being back here. This can be confusing and quite exhausting for your mental health at times (like in sensing permanent energies, which also radiate from pictures btw.). Also, you might take a break from it for a few days just to not constantly have your mind occupied with these beings 2hp

I would also take in what Aurum pointed out. You may have a connection since birth or made a connection unknowingly during your research. When I was a kid I used to frequently see things around me, mostly of dark nature, actually only of dark nature. I had the night terror back then, which typically begins at 3 am till 4 am or 12pm to 1 am and would scream like hell cause I saw them before my inner eyes. My fear faded as I got older and acquainted myself with the things I saw and then I found out that I have a connection to darkness and it seems I've always carried this with me through my lives.

So like I said before, confront what you fear but don't push yourself too hard. There's no spell to take the fear from you sadly 2qt

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:Maybe you have some connection to these undead beings, some resonance, maybe there's some part of yourself you're trying to deny.

When I was a child I was very much afraid of witches and all things relating to paranormal. Over the years the fear morphed into curiosity and I learned that I myself was a witch and deeply connected to paranormal. Perhaps it was all too much for a young child and I reacted with denial and fear.
If I 'experienced' them I would most likely be frightened or 'highly disturbed'. The reason why I was curious if there existed any living people who are incarnations of them was that it might help with the fear if I interact with them, but there aren't any and if there were it would be a contradiction as somebody pointed out.

I would be less afraid if they talked to me if I ever experience(d) them also or showed to be intelligible maybe.

I had an inner aura reading though from somebody and they commented that it does seem what you call 'lighter'. Atleast if this means the aura in this life-time, I was drawn to the Roman, Hellenic and some Egyptian ways in the beginning of when I discovered this during my time as an older kid then I eventually went into Christianity plus the White Arts for some time.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-That's not to say that I deny the possibility. But when I had this experience mentioned in the link I can also say that it had something to do with a 'pre-industrial' technological level time - place perhaps where people look 'natural' without being sheltered from the processes of nature or having the luxury to shield them from it.

For the detail the aura reading mentioned alignment with air, fire and the sun. Plus beings like phoenixes or similar.
MidnightMusings wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:I think maybe at the very beginnings of since when I was alive, stories were told to me of bad beings or from one thing I remember where I ‘saw’ disturbing humanoid things in the dark in the shapes of coloured lights as green, red or blue reaching out to me.

I've seen this post. I would naturally say since you are researching these things a lot, basically connecting to some when you feel so tired, you descend into their world with your mind for a moment until being back here. This can be confusing and quite exhausting for your mental health at times (like in sensing permanent energies, which also radiate from pictures btw.). Also, you might take a break from it for a few days just to not constantly have your mind occupied with these beings 2hp

I would also take in what Aurum pointed out. You may have a connection since birth or made a connection unknowingly during your research. When I was a kid I used to frequently see things around me, mostly of dark nature, actually only of dark nature. I had the night terror back then, which typically begins at 3 am till 4 am or 12pm to 1 am and would scream like hell cause I saw them before my inner eyes. My fear faded as I got older and acquainted myself with the things I saw and then I found out that I have a connection to darkness and it seems I've always carried this with me through my lives.

So like I said before, confront what you fear but don't push yourself too hard. There's no spell to take the fear from you sadly 2qt
Well it wasn't so to say that I was deliberately 'researching' them at the time but once I clicked on something which off-tracked me I started to think or feel a way about what I saw. Maybe I had them before I got off-tracked but if I did then I could have been thinking about stuff related to that in the morning.

When I do research those things these are my goals:

*To find my origins and nature or where I belong, came from etc

*Find out more about the paranormal, the unknown and way things work to learn how to replicate the beneficial parts for myself or gain access to things which are beneficial. This led to me finding out that alchemy could be a magical path that is my calling also.

Don't mean to sound silly but the type of existence I feel most drawn or 'home' to if you asked would be the one where humans and beings coexist, plus where entities are everywhere, existing as part of the world's 'wildlife'. Magic and the undead sometimes being physical (Not necessarily saying I would like 'those' types of beings if I encountered them). Technically if we could travel to other dimensions this would be my choice just to give you an idea of how drawn I feel perhaps.

Cause somebody once suggested that maybe I might sometimes feel 'homesick' for the flexibility of a plane I might originate from?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Adding to the second paragraph above in the 'traditions' from one side of my family they are highly fearful and avoidant of death energies, especially that of the 'undead' which are almost equivalent to demons or close. If it could be down to that, if not then maybe related to sometime existing in a time/place where they meant trouble to me?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That's not to say it would exactly be the world I described with all the features I mentioned, it was just a guess if that sort of existence above was truely my home (Place where much of the known paranormal is or seems physical). Hope I didn't sound silly but the guess is based partly on feelings, maybe slight 'memory' plus my 'draw' to anything that imitates it.

Return to “Protection”