The 'Witches' who have transcended beyond mortality and become like entities integrated with nature?

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

There are different definitions of 'witches' often, one is used to refer to as you know and the other used for those who are capable of powerful - almost physical magick that come off as more like entities rather than people anymore. You often hear about them in folklore, 'the witch in the forest', 'the witch of etc' and they are reported to have shapeshifting abilities (Skinwalkers are rumoured to be such witches).

If these people exist then what would they think of the magick community? Why haven't they tried to lend their hand to guide us probably? Talking the 'witches' who are so integrated into nature to a point of being almost a part of it rather than being 'normal humans'.

Its often said that they live alone far away from all human civilization, so it might depend if they're aware or not.

Where do you think they would be residing? We know there is this theory that the sages who know the philosopher's stone have moved onto the astral but manifest on the physical plane when they want to.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Well I mean if they offered guidance to the mainstream magic community in general or shared some of what they know(which my inuition says they might not necessarily)?

Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Honestly, do they really care?

Witches have personality and ego just like we do -- and a lot of times, they have transcended from humans to escape humanity. They're not here entirely for our benefit, though individuals may vary. They reside all over, though -- some here, some in the many otherworldly realms.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Witch wrote:Honestly, do they really care?

Witches have personality and ego just like we do -- and a lot of times, they have transcended from humans to escape humanity. They're not here entirely for our benefit, though individuals may vary. They reside all over, though -- some here, some in the many otherworldly realms.
Since they have authority in these matters I was thinking would there be any out there who want to supervise the efforts of circles/people who are magic practitioners? Just wondering how they would see or think of everyone.

Or if they did it would be remotely somehow?

☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

It is my top goal to be a transcedent witch one day T_T

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:
Witch wrote:Honestly, do they really care?

Since they have authority in these matters I was thinking would there be any out there who want to supervise the efforts of circles/people who are magic practitioners? Just wondering how they would see or think of everyone.

Or if they did it would be remotely somehow?
I'm thinking that not everyone who wishes to excel in their field of endeavor also wants to have authority over others in that same field. Some folks withdraw from general society because they prefer solitude, or because now that they are on their chosen path, the things that society values hold little interest for them. This isn't just related to magick, either -- look at the monasteries and cloisters that various religions have established over the ages. Some people do prefer to live apart from the world.

I would think that some of the witches/magic casters who have become exceptionally skilled are turning their attention inward toward self-improvement, or upward toward uniting themselves with their perception of the Divine, rather than occupying themselves with making sure all the other magicians are Doing It Right. Perhaps the superstars who have a personality that lends itself toward mentoring or leading would be more likely to connect with others, but the introverted superstars are probably going to just take a step back and take themselves out of the public eye.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

☆Aytide☆ wrote:It is my top goal to be a transcedent witch one day T_T
Ditto. :) But even if I do, I don't think I am going to be the person who goes public with that. Thanks to my history of having been bullied for being the smart, nerdy kid, I have spent a lot of my life perfecting the skill of flying under the radar, rather than self-promotion. On the occasions where I do something well, I am not going to take out a billboard announcing it. ;) As a friend of mine says, "When you're born square, you can't die round." I don't think that it's in my nature to set myself up as a guru on a mountaintop, lol. If it ever was, the being-bullied-for-succeeding aspect of my history has altered my attitude about publicizing my successes.

And maybe a lot of the transcendent witches/magic casters in history have felt the same way. Society hasn't always welcomed them with open arms. Even the WA witches who practiced healing have been looked upon with trepidation, and possibly been unjustly blamed for any time when someone's crops failed or cattle died. So these witches, in turn, might look at society with a certain amount of trepidation, as well: "I dedicated my life to healing the people in this village, and yet the first time someone's cow gets sick, I get treated like it's my fault." No wonder the transcendently-skilled folks might have retired to the back woods, away from society. Who'd want to hang around a society where rejection or outright risk of death is a daily issue?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Folklore & Legends”