I’m a ‘world servant’, how do I handle this properly?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So in a reading I’ve found the main purpose that this lifetime was wired to be. I am supposed to be a ‘servant of the world’ in the responsibility I have been given. I know some of what this means but any advice here on how I should handle this role within my lifetime healthily and what it could mean further down the road?

Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 500
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Let us suppose the reading was correct.

Do you want to "serve the world?"

Or, to use more emotionally stirring language: thinking about the world, do you love it?

Do you love these people, these beasts, these rocks and waters?

And even if you love the world in the abstract, do you love it in all its messy vitality?

Crying babies in airplane cabins, self-righteous prigs, rude teanage boys mocking everything, vain women oblivious to their own folly.

Not just the majestic Lions roar, but also the slinking hyena and the calf stuck dying in the mud.

The mildew, the biting flies, and the harrowing diseases.

The stink of sulfer and burning bodies?

Pain, fear, ignorance, and anger dripping with malice?

Maybe you do. Maybe you don't.

Our first responsibility is to ourselves: if I don't take care of my physical and mental health, my degrees of freedom to assist others will be very limited. But if I build up my strength and my resources, my efforts will be more productive.

I am a Christian, so let me add that i do not think I do anything good without God's aid. (And I accept his judgement that this creation is good.) So understand I am not recommending self-idolotry. Rather an acceptance that in this world some techniques are useful, and other techniques do not appear to be useful. We should use discernment in choosing what to do with our limited time and energy.

If you would serve the world, wisdom is the most useful thing. It can be purchased with painful experience or by learning from the experience of others. Or from the hand of the Divine, should you be so fortunate.

Some forms of goodness are obvious, and once we are secure in ourselves, we may undertake charity. Everyone knows providing money to assist the suffering is good. Everyone knows feeding the hungry is good. Everyone knows extending friendship to those who don't deserve it, and treating everyone with dignity, are good and right.

If you work persistently to do good, your nose for virtue will get better. You'll be able to sniff out cons and thieves and malingerers without hating them, but learning how to help them too. (Hint: not everyone who comes to you for a handout really needs the handout they are asking for-wisdom will teach you when the right action is to give them what they Need, not what they say they Want.)

Equip yourself to be ready to do good. Then do good.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

All of the above.

If you choose to serve the world, there are myriad ways to accomplish this. Choose the one or ones that appeal to you.

Become a teacher.

Become a clergyperson for the deity of your choice, serve that deity and help others do the same.

Join the Peace Corps.

Become a doctor or nurse and join Doctors Without Borders.

Become a UN Peacekeeper.

Join Greenpeace.

Join the Red Cross/Red Crescent/Red Star of David.

Make your field of study revolve around natural-disaster responses, and be among those first boots on the ground in the wake of a tornado, hurricane, flood, tsunami, earthquake, etc.

The list goes on. Do any of these ideas appeal to you? If not, have they sparked interest in performing some other form of service not mentioned here? If that's your calling instead, then pursue it.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Today I found out...”