What is the relationship between misfits, the downtrodden and undead to Hecate?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So is Hecate meant to be their overseer of some sorts, somebody who does things to look out for people part of these groups or something else like a governor/governing force?

I read that the patroness of people among 'misfits', the downtrodden (Including the poor or homeless especially) and 'the undead' (Meaning ghosts most of the time, but somehow they are classified linked to the downtrodden/misfit people domain) is her, so how does it exactly work?

Most people I see linked to her often talk about magick but there hasn't been much discussion on this aspect, which seems to be more associated with a domain that Christianity/The Church watches over and sometimes tries to take people in from nowadays?

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

From what I know about her as well as other goddesses put into the aspect the dark mothers its more that she looks over the outcasts as much as the dead.Guiding them through life and then in death guiding them still at the crossroads.This song to me would be more accurate she is then saying shes a patroness to misfits and suchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJpGsu44_SA.I'm not sure how you got that info to begin with but all I've read on her hasn't said anything about being acosiated with misfits or downtroddens.It could be implied by a reader like a christian givin their background but I haven't read anything that states it outright.Haven't talked with her that much to give more infomation on this but thats my two cents with what I know.

blessed be

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

DualWanderer3 wrote:From what I know about her as well as other goddesses put into the aspect the dark mothers its more that she looks over the outcasts as much as the dead.Guiding them through life and then in death guiding them still at the crossroads.This song to me would be more accurate she is then saying shes a patroness to misfits and suchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJpGsu44_SA.I'm not sure how you got that info to begin with but all I've read on her hasn't said anything about being acosiated with misfits or downtroddens.It could be implied by a reader like a christian givin their background but I haven't read anything that states it outright.Haven't talked with her that much to give more infomation on this but thats my two cents with what I know.

blessed be
It doesn't say that they are specifically dedicated to that but those being one of their aspects: "Sailors, the poor or homeless, outcasts, children, ghosts". Outcasts are another word for misfits btw.

On somewhere they claimed that a large portion of her clergy were former slaves or that they often gave plates with food on it to the poor (Which monasteries did when Christianity took over except but just at the crossroads)/animals by leaving them at crossroads?

Was just curious because this is a thing that Christianity mostly does but which info claims her followers used to do or be associated with as part of their path?

If the two deities intersect on this what is the difference in their approach to the relationship with them?

Calin
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them

It may be related to the offerings made at the crossroads to her. Offerings of food and wine were offered to her, and it is said that the food and wine was consumed by the poor and homeless. So not a primary aspect but rather an outcome of the offerings process.

Return to “Immortals”