Can Spirits Learn?

TheMaster
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Does anyone know the extent that spirits are able to learn, understand, and improve upon or develop new skills? Does this apply differently to different spirits?

Funany
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 45
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think spirits learn just like you and I. They don't stop learning or progressing mentally. They are pretty much the same in spirit as they where alive, they just cant interact with the physical world as I understand it, thou some can still impact the physical realm in some ways like with energy which everything is made of.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor

From my understanding they can't learn anything new as a skill set.If they didn't learn it while they were alive and capable of learning it to grow then they won't be able to acuire it at all because they can't grow.I'm not sure how good this would be of a example but this is the only thing comming to mind of how to further explain this in a easy manner.Take this information on pikachu,a pokemon that everyone should know by now weather their intrested in pokemon or not,for example. https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/025.shtml

If you look at what pikachu can learn on level up it shows that it can learn some normal type moves like quick attack,slam,and double team as well as the psychic type moves agility and light screen.Now if you look at its evolution raichu here.https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/026.shtml
It only has four moves listed with no level numbers.This means that it can no longer learn any moves opon level up.So ones pikachu evolves into raichu it can no longer learn any moves naturally as it levels up in game.And because you use a thunderstone to evolve pikachu as shown when looking at the item herehttps://www.serebii.net/itemdex/thunderstone.shtmlmeans that as long as you have a thunderstone you can evolve pikachu whenever you want regardless of level.

Now if you look at where it says you can find pikachu in the fire red or leaf green versions it says you can get one in viridian forest,a area vary early in the game with the levels of pokemon you encounter maxing out a level 5.A level that is right before the point it can learn its first move.Now if you got all that information this is how it corelats to spirits lerning something as a skill.Lets look at the four main parts of this and what they will represent.

1.Pikachu=entity
This will represent when a spirit is alive.

2.thunderstone/evolution=death
This will represent when a spirits life is taken and is the transition from a entity(alive)to a spirit(dead).

3.raichu=spirit
This will represent a spirit as is for the question being asked.

4.moves learned opon level up=skills,magic,e.t.c
This will represent the things that can be learned and used in a physical sence.

now lets say pikachu gets to level 25 and then you evolve it into raichu.It would by then have had the ability to learn tail whip,thunder wave,quick attack,double team,and slam.In genaral pokemon can only know 4 moves and so in order to learn more you need to get rid of one it already knows to get a new one so people playing the game would want to think about what they would want as a moveset for their pokemon.Likewise wether theirs a limit to what can be learned or not by a entity they may want to learn paticular skills and ignore others for their skillset they want to have while alive at that point in time.

Lets say you wanted this pikachu to help with catching other pokemon.Out of moves it could learn the 4 moves it could have for this is thundershock(a attacking move to weaken the opponent and possible paralyze them making them easier to catch),growl(to decrease their attack so you can drag out the fight without losing your catcher),thunder wave(to garentie a paralysis if you can't afford hit it again and lose the pokemon from fainting and stall if needed),and double team(to raise evasiveness and avoid being hit and drawing out the battle).This set will let you keep your opponent from fainting and you can throw as many pokeballs as you can at them untill one finally catches them.

Now that a thunderstone was used on it that is what its stuck with and can no longer learn anything elts vai level so if you wanted to teach it agility or light screen it no longer has the option because it evolved before it reached the level it could learn the move at and if you wanted to give it one of its stronger moves like thunderbolt or thunder to make it viable in actual battles against trainers it couldn't learn it for the same reason so it may be able to battle and use what it has for its moveset but it will be better suited to its intended to do which is for catching pokemon even if its current moveset it still able to win a fight with how its moveset draws out the battle and make it hard to take out so easily while it chips away at the opponents healthpoints till it faints.

1e Ok so looking at what I'm typing and how long I've bin typing the explination is getting a little long and depending on the one reading it a bit hard to follow so instead of making another three paragraphs of explenation maby skipping to where the post is going and ending it their would be be better so this is the short,vage,and simple response to the question.They could learn to use what they already are capable of to help you but they can't learn any new capableties to help you.And I think thats enough for this post.

blessed be

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

it really hardly depends on beliefs and experience.

In my experience spirits can learn alot, they probably can't learn totally new abilities. f.e.: when a human dies, he PROBABLY can't learn how to shapeshift anymore, if they doesn't learn it in their lifes, but playing an instrument in the astral or learning new combat techniques is totally possible.

You don't lose your brain, when you die, you still are able to pick up the one or another thing, but I think it's harder to learn brandnew abilities, than building up on something you already learned. But on the other side: why not? I mean, when you're dead, you have a freaking long time to spend with stuff, so you technically could learn how to manipulate energy and building on on that.

But this is something we will have the asnwer for, when we're dead ourselves :p

TheMaster
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and it all makes sense, however, im curious as I thought I saw somewhere that servitors and/or alpha servitors were able to learn new skills, abilities, etc so if that is true then i would have thought spirits to be able to do the same?

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor

TheMaster wrote:I appreciate everyone's thoughts and it all makes sense, however, im curious as I thought I saw somewhere that servitors and/or alpha servitors were able to learn new skills, abilities, etc so if that is true then i would have thought spirits to be able to do the same?
Thoughs are more along the line of a thought form if not just a more advanced form of one that I think were first made by darklord midnight which from what I've seen on the forum is the one that conned the term.Their like a golem from final fantesy 12 as in their living constructs in the astral plain.So their along the lines of entities with the only diffrence that I know of is that their man made.So yes they could but thats because their a type of entity themselves.

blessed be

Return to “General Questions”