You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 3000
Spelled Number: 350
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Whisperer
Zodiac:

:)... A lesson learned, right(?) I've gained so much intrinsic knowledge via telepathy :)

Whenever we try to live up to other's expectations and perceptions of how they think we should be, look like, act like, become... we are only setting ourselves up to fail miserably! In the end, no one is happy. Please yourself first, love yourself most, seek out only those things that make 'you' feel good, those things that lend you many moments of peace; live your truth and be who you are. Only you are the true source of your own happiness. Make it happen 1ht
StarBurrst
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Phoenix/Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bambi/Bam Bam
Zodiac:

A lesson well learned :\

~ Learn Also To Love The Wind And Let It Change You ~ Image
lori67k
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

:). I thought I should mention this for future reference...

Anytime I want to bring a new spirit home, i use my pendulum and begin asking a series of questions to the spirits already in my keep as to whether or not the new spirit would be a good match since I've run into a situation once where a couple of spirits clashed with my spirit family and I had to rehome them, which was a very difficult decision and I was saddened by it; since then I get my spirit family involved in the entire process; including the selection part of the process through the use of my pendulum, and since then, I've never run into anymore issues and I have over 3000 spirits... so I think you get the idea this is a good step to incorporate when bringing any new spirit home; at least it works great for me and my family. Just a tip I thought may help you in the future

Blessings 1ht

Whenever we try to live up to other's expectations and perceptions of how they think we should be, look like, act like, become... we are only setting ourselves up to fail miserably! In the end, no one is happy. Please yourself first, love yourself most, seek out only those things that make 'you' feel good, those things that lend you many moments of peace; live your truth and be who you are. Only you are the true source of your own happiness. Make it happen 1ht
StarBurrst
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Phoenix/Kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: Bambi/Bam Bam
Zodiac:

I’ll try that whenever I come across enough money for a gift card. Maybe B will help me get this pendulum...”mysteriously.”

~ Learn Also To Love The Wind And Let It Change You ~ Image
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

This is one reason why CH doesn't allow third-party spirit readings on the forums: even if the reader's intentions are noble, what they say can cause turmoil in the keeper's life. And not every person's motives are noble. There was a situation here, before I joined, where someone was giving answers like "your spirits are unhappy and want to be re-homed", "your vessel is empty", "That's not a WA spirit, it's a demon", and other things causing untold amounts of drama. It caused Magnolia and Ash to create the "no spirit readings" rule.

Go and find the "Get communicating with your spirits NOW" thread under the Spirit Tasking subforum. Practice direct communication in that way, no tools required.

And if you opt to create or purchase your own pendulum in the meantime, do two things:

1. CAST PROTECTION of some sort so you don't have a trickster coming in and feeding off the resulting drama.

2. DO NOT ask life-changing questions like "Are my spirits happy", "Does my significant other love me", "Is my s/o cheating", etc. People (especially beginners) who lack confidence sometimes unwittingly give themselves their own worst-case-scenario answers, again resulting in drama that could've been avoided. Head this problem off at the pass by never asking emotionially-charged questions at this point on your path.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

As for existing spirits' opinions on bringing a new spirit in, do remember that this is YOUR path, not anyone else's. I have a house rule acknowledging that I understand not every spirit will be BFFs with every other spirit. In that case, they can just politely be neutral to each other. But if there is an emergency of some sort, we are all on the same team so we all will need to work together until the crisis is resolved. After that, polite neutrality can resume.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Might I strongly recommend direct, tool-free communication for one other reason: it can be employed anytime, anywhere. No one can whip out a pendulum or spirit board while driving, riding a bus, at the office, in class, etc. Distracted driving is bad, and onlookers would think we've flipped.

Practice until telepathy is your go-to method.

lori67k
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

telepathy is always my go-to for connecting with my spirit family, and I will use my pendulum more for confirmation because I have a ton of spirits and I am not always able to sort out all the messages coming in all at once, so the pendulum helps in this regard. Yes, always do a protection over your pendulum or any divination tool one may use.

Before getting a new spirit, I always include my spirit family in that task; asking them how they feel about a certain new spirit coming into the home and family. I've had to rehome spirits in the past (back in my initial spirit keeping days; still a newbie then), and it didn't feel good, but felt even worse when before they were rehomed, since it caused a lot of strife for my other spirits to have them in the home, so now I always include them in the process

Once the new spirit has arrived, I do a spirit to spirit bonding invocation first, then a master to master bonding invocation... Both these methods (including my spirit family in the process of bringing new spirits in, and doing these two bonding invocations), have worked beyond expectation and everyone, while some may be simply cordial with each other, are happier for it

L2R, as always... awesome suggestions

The whole idea of being a spirit keeper (experience and for the novice) IS the learning process of it all. I, for one, get to have brand new experiences every time because I choose to approach this and everything else in life, as my being teachable; a proverbial work in progress. There's always going to be some level of ups and downs in spirit keeping just as with anything else in life.

Rely on yourself to have the answers or to be able to gain the answers to your own questions and do research and lots of practice to help you hone that skill of trusting yourself to find the best way to connect with your spirit beings, to know how they feel and to share what they wish for you to know with you.... Only you and your spirits can truly know if something is working or not; bonding really helps with this. no one else, who is not the original conjurer, can tell you if the work was done correctly, if your spirit/entity is truly this or that, but the conjurer themselves... that is, if you trust the conjurer. Ultimately trusting yourself is always key

They are with you; so trust you and only you for gaining insight into their wellbeing

Blessings everyone 1ht

Return to “Spirit Keeping”