Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It's been awhile since we had an update because it's been quite literally since last June that we've been working with several different developers to get this Forum software updated. As of last week the hardware has been completed, and now they are working on the software. Which means an updated skin as well to conform with the new version of the software. We are looking at several skins at this time.

In relation to these items:
- Chat should not be impacted, but there will be security updates that will not allow newly registered users to participate in chat. This should reduce the trolls

- Private Messages will remain for tenured members only, and the issues related to missing messages, unreadable messages, etc should be resolved as well.

Unfortunately, over the last 10 years this Forum has been open we've done a lot of modifications, and at one point we had a social media platform integrated with this Forum a long time ago and those defunct plug-ins have greatly been a detriment. An entirely fresh install with reinsertion of presently used modifications has had to take place.

This meant a much-beleaguered effort to make sure nothing was lost in the update, then a change of developers because the previous developer just disappeared and stopped responding, and the change meant a whole new developer trying to figure out what the previous developer did & where he left off, and finally the update we all waited for.

We hope to have the new skin & the new software going by the end of the month, but given we are not the people in control, we have to defer to their timeline.

I'm sure there have been a billion conspiracy theories circulating in the last year, but unfortunately there's nothing exciting, just the unrelenting nonsense of dealing with developers and getting software updated. We've been going through the same thing with the shop's software update which is now 6 months into back & forth on its design and implementation. As much as we all love a good conspiracy, in this case it's just boring technical stuff & the bailing of a developer mid-project.

Hang in there guys, it will all get done, and at the end of this both the Forum & Shop should be up-to-speed with the 21st century LOL

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Nice, good to hear. I for one look forward to the new look and feel.

Thanks for keeping us posted Magnolia.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
laptop123
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nympho
My magical/paranormal name...: Shovel Face :p

creepyhollows wrote: As of last week the hardware has been completed, and now they are working on the software.
1sp

You would think that in the year 2018 the dev's would have chosen to rather go with AWS or Azure (or something similar). That way hardware or power failure is taken care of, upgrading to more powerful hardware is a matter of a few clicks (and your own budget approval), or downgrading if you choose to. You don't have to worry about your servers getting old, because you are effectively just renting. You would be in the best data centers this planet has to offer.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Wooo! I look forward to it! Minor question - will pictures be somewhat easier to post on some topics for visual?

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
MistMarianne
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Oh, that’s cool! Looking forward to new updates :clap:

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Is there any possibility that old PMs will be restored? I had some spirit info in mine that I would love to regain access to.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

PMs will come back?! These are some really niiiiice updates, looking forward to them!

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Yaay! It's finally happening.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Kassidia
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

1s Woo! Forum update!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I hope to have a much better idea of where we are today with everything, and I can't say how in-depth the upgrade of the cosmetic portion of the Forum will be yet, but some of the options that were disabled during the upgrade should be back, or already be back.

I will say that with the PMs, there were issues with the previous version of the software deleting messages, blocking messages from being read, or showing phantom messages that never came into the box. I was told that was part due to the fact we had an integrated piece of social software many years ago that had its own "inbox" system and when we took out the other piece of software it caused disconnects.

I have not seen the PM system in action since the upgrade, and hopefully everything that was there before is there now :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Messages & Updates”